Feature Suggestions

Please provide here your suggestion for new functionality for Plesk. We encourage you to review and vote for suggestions of others. The top-ranked suggestions are likely to be included in the next versions of Plesk.

Please write in English so that voters from all over the world can read and support your request.

For technical assistance, contact Plesk support
For questions, bug reports, discussions and free assistance, check our Forum, Google+ community and Facebook page
For additional information, see Documentation and Knowledge Base
Follow us on Twitter for more news on Plesk development

Off-topic posts will be removed from here

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 451 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

66 comments  ·  Web / HTTP functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • nginx: remove "location / {...}" directive from default configuration

Plesk 12 comes with a default
      location / {
      }
      directive in the nginx config file. This is really bad because very many prominent PHP applications and frameworks (e.g. Symonfy 2) ship with setup instructions containing a
      location / { ... }
      directive themself, leading to "duplicate location" errors when adding those directives in "Additional nginx directives"

34 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Web / HTTP functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your input!

We plan to revise the implementation of this functionality in the upcoming release, so that web applications can use nginx directives correctly without causing such errors in the nginx configuration.

Everyone, please continue voting for this feature if you consider it important.

— ES

• Add PHP Composer to chrooted

Please add PHP Composer to chrooted Environments.
        Many Customers Need PHP Composer to install various scripts, cms Systems and libaries.

A current big Problem is the new typo-neos System - you must use Composer to install at sources correctly

A other Problem are PHP API's and Libaries like Payment Companies like PAYMILL etc..

30 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Web / HTTP functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your input. We are already considering adding PHP Composer in the future releases. We cannot promise you that it will be chrooted, though, since that’s quite expensive to develop. Please let us know how important for you to have PHP Composer chrooted in the comments.

—AK

• Fix File and Folder Permissions for docroot from Plesk UI

When switching from Apache to FastCGI the Service Provider needs to change the permissions for the customer from apache:apache to <user>:psacln

This can be fixed by having a button in Plesk which does:

find $PLESK_DOMAIN_HTTPDOCS -not -user $PLESK_DOMAIN_OWNER -not -name "plesk-stat" -print0 | xargs -0 chown $PLESK_DOMAIN_OWNER:psacln
          find $PLESK_DOMAIN_HTTPDOCS -type d -not -name "plesk-stat" -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 0755
          find $PLESK_DOMAIN_HTTPDOCS -type f -not -name "*.pl" -not -name "*.cgi" -not -name "*.sh" -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 0644
          find $PLESK_DOMAIN_HTTPDOCS -type f -name "*.cgi" -print0 -o -name "*.pl" -print0 -o -name "*.sh" -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 0755

I…

30 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Web / HTTP functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • provide more nginx options

Have the ability to provide more Nginx builds/packages. For example, offer a 'nginx-full'-package with more modules.

For example, I need the Nginx headers more module. Since this need to be built-in at compile time, it isn't possible to add this later on. So that would mean replace the Plesk version of Nginx with the distro-default. (Heck, why does Plesk need it's own Nginx-build, anyway?)

No, passing headers from Apache is not an option, especially when I'm using the Nginx - PHP-FPM setup.

22 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Web / HTTP functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your input! We will consider this functionality in upcoming releases, if it will be popular.

— ES

• 19 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web / HTTP functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Support enabling / disabling mod_wsgi

As we all know, mod_python is not supported by Plesk 12.5 / CentOS 7 anymore (even if compiled manually).

Odin suggests to install mod_wsgi instead. This however cannot be activated for domains separately or configured by service plans.

Thus I would like to see this feature again - and probably its a real quick change in Plesk source code that would allow a nice way to take control over python permissions

14 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Web / HTTP functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Support from ALPN (Application-Layer Protocol Negotiation)

Application-Layer Protocol Negotiation (ALPN) Support where good.

To ensure the best possible compatibility of support would be very good here.
                  Of course, this is not a priority but would be good.
                  So could the future https, http, be http / 2 Easy granted.

12 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

open discussion  ·  2 comments  ·  Web / HTTP functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • web statistics with additional info (HTTP/HTTPS, IPv4/IPv6)

I would like to compare HTTP to HTTPS traffic and IPv4 to IPv6 traffic. The data should be in the logs, but it is currently not displayed.

9 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Web / HTTP functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your input! We will consider this functionality in upcoming releases, if it will be popular.

— ES

• Ability to set PHP version per directory inside the same webspace

A customer would like to be able to assign different PHP versions for different directories inside one the the same webspace.
                      For example,
                      /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs - php5.3.3
                      /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/test - php5.2.17
                      /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/test2 - php5.6.12

9 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web / HTTP functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your input. We will consider this functionality in upcoming releases, if it will be popular.

- SU

• jpegoptim, optipng, gifsicle or similar

id like to see these tools implemented into plesk. To run server wide or domain wide, and via cron if required.

Alot of large organisations are using these tools. (facebook etc etc)

I like to see image optimization part of plesk admin panel. It will help servers run faster and optimize web delivery.

9 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Web / HTTP functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • The possibility to delete a Domain, without deleting the Website (Content).

am not understand, when i want to move a Domain, the system will delete all the content. The choice to leave the content, I think is essential. This has to be a must!!!

9 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Web / HTTP functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Allow configuration of the php-fpm slow log

For debugging PHP-FPM can log slow scripts. It would be great if you could manage this feature via Plesk.

8 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

— ES

• compile nginx with secure_link, mp4 & flv modules

Please can you include a version of nginx compiled with the following modules (that are required for pseudostreaming support)

--with-http_secure_link_module
                              --with-http_mp4_module
                              --with-http_flv_module

Directions for nginx pseudostreaming compile at: https://gist.github.com/mikhailov/3174601 also indicate the following needed/should be included:

--with-pcre=/usr/src/pcre-8.32 --with-openssl-opt=no-krb5 --with-openssl=/usr/src/openssl-1.0.1g --with-http_ssl_module --with-http_stub_status_module

For reference, these are the modules included with the present Plesk 1.6 nginx module:

--with-ipv6 --with-file-aio --with-http_ssl_module --with-http_realip_module --with-http_sub_module --with-http_dav_module --with-http_gzip_static_module --with-http_stub_status_module

7 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Separate PHP-FPM process per subscription for security and performance reasons

Sharing a PHP-FPM process with separate pools per websites is a security issue and a problem for performance when some clients may deploy bad scripts to the server.

A huge reason for why sharing the same PHP-FPM process between subscriptions is that the OPCACHE (Xcache, APC and Opcache) share the same memory and it is accessible between clients. Disabling access to stats and controlling api of them is available, but it's not a great solution for some critical cases. Still, this is not suitable when isolation between apps is critical.

Another reason is with php scripts that clients deploy. In…

7 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

open discussion  ·  1 comment  ·  Web / HTTP functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Implement AppArmor support for Apache

AppArmor provides much stronger security for web applications than what is currently available, especially since PHP open_basedir is both slow and known to be insecure.

With AppArmor you don't need such settings, and it is possible to allow PHP functions such as exec() and system() - but only allow access to certain binaries. This provides a more flexible system for our customers, and we have more fine-grained control over what they can and cannot access.

http://wiki.apparmor.net/index.php/Mod_apparmor_example

Additional AppArmor profiles for services that come with Plesk might be useful too, but securing Apache is the main thing.

7 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• WordPress managment. Edit login URL

WordPress management is great but my security plugin lets me change the login URL from the WordPress default. Either Plesk needs to get the correct URL from the database or let the user edit the login URL

7 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Recycle IIS application pool on specific time

In IIS 8 I can put a specific time to recycle the application pool. See screenshot.
                                      But in plesk Onxy I can't. This is very misleading. Because now I have to make a scheduled task in windows to make this happen. I prefer to do this in plesk, because I want to manage all my application pools settings in Plesk Onxy not in IIS 8.

From my opinion Plesk did already a good job to put some recycle settings in the Plesk interface. Can the specific time setting for recycling the appliction pool be added?

7 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your input! We will consider this functionality in upcoming releases if it will be popular.

— rk

• default chroot PHP cli should use Plesk panel PHP version & settings

Currently when a user uses SSH to execute PHP cli commands, it does not reflect the settings chosen in Plesk panel (it seems to be the default OS vendor PHP). While other PHP versions are available in "/opt/plesk/php/..." the current solution is neither ideal nor transparent to the user (most of them don't even know this path).

I suggest that the default chrooted PHP command
                                        -) should use the same version as chosen as in plesk panel
                                        -) and should use ini settings (memory_limit, max_execution_time) as chosen in plesk panel

Ideally this should even be possible on domain level, but…

7 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

open discussion  ·  3 comments  ·  Web / HTTP functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Add an option to lock/freeze a website

Hi,

some Hosts (e.g. Strato) use a functionality to completely lock a site. This is very useful for customers that dont want to do any changes to their website anymore but use an old version of a cms and forget/dont want to upgrade.

Of course there should be a warning about the consequences like non working file caching etc.

7 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base