Skip to content

Feature Suggestions

Please provide here your suggestion for new functionality for Plesk. We encourage you to review and vote for suggestions of others. The top-ranked suggestions are likely to be included in the next versions of Plesk.

Please write in English so that voters from all over the world can read and support your request.

For technical assistance, contact Plesk support
For questions, bug reports, discussions and free assistance, check our Forum and Facebook page
For additional information, see Documentation, Knowledge Base and Blog
Follow us on Twitter for more news on Plesk development

Off-topic posts will be removed from here

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

757 results found

1. Spam

I am using Plesk to send emails to group of 990 adresses, I have a 15000 adress base as a french elected representative. They now systematically go into spam, and many are blocked. How can I make my adress recognized so that it does not go into spam, please ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. security headers

I have to say I was delighted to see that Plesk.com (unlike so many sites) has all its security headers* in order, but it would be really good if this was a thing that could be operated easily from within Plesk given the massive importance of them. It would also tidy up A LOT of the stuff to do with many of the things that people are asking on here with things like X- headers, Pragma and Caching, etc.

There are a few plugins that are usable for this for Wordpress (probaly other things, but not the admin panel or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We understand that you are asking to add specific headers and maybe to remove others, but the broad range of what could be expected does not allow this to be done in a single feature request. It is also not possible to standardize such settings as the vast number of users all require different settings. All headers can already be individually set, it just needs an individual analysis what makes sense and what does not, tailored to each website.

-- PD

3. Plesk Support for Rocky Linux 9.0

Rocky Linux 9.0 was released on July 22nd, 2022, and offers some nice performance and security updates. Please add Plesk support for Rocky Linux 9.0, so we can take advantage of these new refinements.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Faturas

Sugerimos dentro do painel, uma area financeira onde possamos gerar faturas para os clientes estilo whmcs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to secure other subdomains than the webmail with the Plesk certificate

As MyLittleAdmin (mssql.example.com) uses the same certificate as the Plesk Interface (as the redirection is managed by Plesk), add the ability to secure other subdomains, such as mssql in Plesk for Windows to be able to access MyLittleAdmin via https without warnings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the nearest future, we plan to stop shipping MyLittleAdmin with Plesk. This is because MyLittleAdmin is not in active development, and has  known security issues. Instead, Plesk will provide links to downloadable  clients and instructions on how to connect the client to the Plesk  server. This change is currently scheduled to take place with the release of Plesk Obsidian 18.0.53 (early June 2023).

-- PD

6. Allow local sandbox development Plesk license for online hosting Plesk users

Many hosted server Plesk users like myself like to run a local network hosted server mirror, purely for development purposes.

It would be great if the Plesk licensing was more flexible to allow online dedicated and virtual server hosting customers using Plesk, to download and install one additional copy of Plesk on their local development server to create a locally hosted mirror server development environment.

Whether this be done freely using the same license key for a 1+1 restricted approach (ie cannot have multiple users and cannot be hosted online), else perhaps a reasonable annual fee, rather than having to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Multiple SmarterMail Servers Support

Define more than one Smartermail server on to the Plesk server.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Virtuozzo Linux 8 support

Since Centos is unfortunately no longer available in its original form, it would be good if appropriate alternatives were available as a host OS.
    Here Virtuozzo Linux 8 is ideal because they have many years of experience in this environment and we know that the quality is right ...
    The risk that VZLinux disappears from the screen is also lower than with the various newer RHEL clones which apeared lately.
    Apart from that, VZLinux also offers migration paths from Centos 7 + 8 to VZLinux 8, which makes life much easier for many administrators ...

https://www.virtuozzo.com/vzlinux.html

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

After a detailed analysis, we decided not to invest in support/test/fix/announce VzLinux8 compatibility. This decision was made based on extremally low usage for VzLinux7 for Plesk. Unfortunately, our plans are as follows.

Virtuozzo team might have their own plan to test/announce the scenario with Plesk product, it’s up to them.

IG

9. Can you please , please fix the TimeOut

Make the time out reasonable ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add ability to create subdomains for no hosting domains

It would be great to have the ability to add subdomains on domains with disabled web hosting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Support Ubuntu 22.04

full support Ubuntu 22.04

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Support ClearLinux

Will you do support for clearlinux?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add official support for PHP APCu - revisited.

In an "idea" posted in 2018 - and declined -, you said "As far as I know APC/APCu is outdated..."
    That is incorrect. APC is outdated because PHP now uses it internally. APCu, however, is the new version of APC for external use, and it's very much up to date.
    For certain applications, APCu is significantly faster than memcached or redis.
    I have a shared server and can't use APCu because Plesk (still) doesn't officially support it.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This request has not received many votes. We must decline it. 

However, you will find a guide how to use APCu with Plesk, even though it is not officially supported, here: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003211209 

APCu is a PECL extension. These can be installed using the PECL installer built into Plesk. Tools & Settings > General Settings > PHP Settings > Click on PHP version > button "Manage PECL Packages"

-- PD

14. Have a database which actually works???

Have lists which can be searched. Have lists which can be alphabetised. Have lists which can be edited.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable Prometheus integration with Plesk

Please enable Plesk integration with the Prometheus toolkit - using this tool would allow monitoring multiple Plesk servers from a single platform.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Need more than 44KB/s throughput in File Manager

With FTP not working, I am left to use the file manage in Plesk. However it is painfully slow, circa 1995 dialup speeds at 44KB/s. You really need to improve the throughput of the file manager at least 10x to make it reasonably usable. Please.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is no any special speed limit for the file manager from the side of Plesk.

It looks like this is some kind of problem on your side.

I suggest you contact Plesk technical support. Experienced supporters will check and fix the problem directly on your server.

--

IG

18. Categories for domains

I have 100 domains and next time aLOT MORE.
    It would be VERY HELPFULl if i could have Categories for all domains for a better overview and workflow.
    For Example:

• My own Domains
    • Shop
    • Wordpress
    • national
    • europe
    • international
    • B2B
    • Holiday /Vacation
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add possibility to set "Can be used to log in to Plesk" unchecked by default during mail account creation

Creating mail account In Plesk panel Domains > example.com > Mail accounts > Create Email Address has an option "Can be used to log in to Plesk" which is checked by default.
    There can be a situation when you can by mistake leave the option checked but you don't plan to permit to log in to Plesk with created mail account.
    So it would be convenient to have this option unchecked by default.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Logging in to Plesk as the mailbox user will only allow that user to edit his own settings of that mailbox, e.g. the password. The effect of this option is marginal. We are also only talking about a preset change from "checked" to "unchecked". It's only a mouseclick to uncheck the box, and when the default is changed to "unchecked" other users will complain that they now need to check this box each time they add a mailbox.

As this feature did not become popular and as the setting is already optional we must decline it.

-- PD

20. Please remember the security rule IDs in ModSecurity

In Plesk >Tools & Settings > Web Application Firewall (ModSecurity), I use OWASP and added some carefully selected "Security rule IDs" to be deactivated.

When I change rule set from OWASP to Comodo, apply it. It seems these "Security rule IDs" are lost. When I switch back from Comodo to OWASP, the textarea for "Security rule IDs" is empty.

Can we remember them even switched to another rule set? I only came up with these IDs with hours of hard work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 37 38
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base