Skip to content

Feature Suggestions

Please provide here your suggestion for new functionality for Plesk. We encourage you to review and vote for suggestions of others. The top-ranked suggestions are likely to be included in the next versions of Plesk.

Please write in English so that voters from all over the world can read and support your request.

For technical assistance, contact Plesk support
For questions, bug reports, discussions and free assistance, check our Forum and Facebook page
For additional information, see Documentation, Knowledge Base and Blog
Follow us on Twitter for more news on Plesk development

Off-topic posts will be removed from here

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3 results found

1. Customizable Plesk notification email address

Plesk has the ability to send notifications. However, with the latest version (v18.0.32) these are sent to my "External email address" of the admin user. But since I as admin user enter my Apple iCloud email "name@icloud.com" there, it is used as both sender and recipient and all notification emails end up in the spam folder of my iCloud mail.
    It would be really great if you could separate the administrator email from the notification email address and change it specifically so that email notifications are sent from "Plesk@domain.tld" to the external administrator email "name@icloud.com

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As https://plesk.uservoice.com/forums/184549-feature-suggestions/suggestions/16956373-set-a-senders-email-address-for-plesk-notification was resolved and the sender address of notifications is now customizable we are wondering whether the issue described in this feature request cannot also be considered solved. The issue here was described as sender and recipient being the same address so that notifications are evaluated as "spam" at the recipient's mailbox. However, now that the sender address can be customized, this could easily be circumvented. 

Further, the recipient address of notifications can be freely set in the notifications page. 

Please comment if and why this feature request is still actual.

-- PD

2. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature request has been reviewed and despite the explanation we are having difficulties understanding what exactly is meant. Is this about sending mails from the server or is this about receiving mails that are addressed to a mailbox on the server? Could you please describe this in more detail who is sender, who is recipient and what you would like to exclude from happening and why?

-- PD

3. External SMTP service per domain

We know we can leave plesk using an external SMTP service, but it's for the whole server. There are also several guides on how to let postfix use relay with external SMTP, for example AWS SES.

It would be great if we could use an external SMTP service per domain, using different credentials.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base