Skip to content

Feature Suggestions

Please provide here your suggestion for new functionality for Plesk. We encourage you to review and vote for suggestions of others. The top-ranked suggestions are likely to be included in the next versions of Plesk.

Please write in English so that voters from all over the world can read and support your request.

For technical assistance, contact Plesk support
For questions, bug reports, discussions and free assistance, check our Forum and Facebook page
For additional information, see Documentation, Knowledge Base and Blog
Follow us on Twitter for more news on Plesk development

Off-topic posts will be removed from here

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

27 results found

1. Resellers service plans: Hiding resources that are not allocated to them

If you create a reseller plan with e.g. "Data backup and restoration using the server repository = off ", the reseller is still able to make his own service plans with that particular permission enabled. Then, when they assign the subscription to a client it gives a notification that the subscription cannot be synced as it is using resources not allowed by the reseller plan.

This is frustrating our resellers as many Service Plans have things like "Backup and Anti-Virus Management" ticked by default, resources that we have denied them in the Reseller Plan. They then have to change each…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are declining this as a feature request. Instead we have assessed this to be an internal product issue that needs to be fixed. It is being handled under internal ID PPPM-13864. In case you have questions at the support desk or want to follow-up on this case in the change log, you can use this ID for it.

-- PD

2. Add ability to identify what subscription is using all bandwidth

We had a customers wordpress site that got hacked. It was a headache to identify the reason why our bandwitdh was saturated and why all sites including plesk panel were unavailable.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make domain management available for Plesk users after subscription suspension

When a subscription is suspended if some limits are exceeded, domain management becomes unavailable for Plesk users.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This request has been reviewed. It only got very few votes during the past 4 years, so it does not seem to be popular. Also, suspending a subscription while still letting the subscription owner use the subscription does not seem to match with the term "suspended". If you do not want to block users from logging in, changing files and configurations in their subscriptions, please do not suspend the subscription on overuse. What you'd actually want to request as a feature is something like "On overuse, block everything that could add more data to an account, but allow subscription owners to remove data from it". But that would be a different story and needs to be formulated accordingly. 

The suspension function as it is now is doing what is expected from it: Suspend a subscription.

-- PD

4. add the ability to push Hosting Service Plans to Resellers

We want to specify a specific hosting plan and push that to Reseller accounts as the default Hosting Service Plan.

Currently we have to create a Service Plan per Reseller.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Send statistics Summary Report to several email addresses

Send statistics Summary Report to several mail addresses. Specify them by separating via colon or semicolon.

Currently it is possible specify only one email address in Tools & Settings > Summary Report > Send By Email.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This request only got 3 votes in 4 years. It did not become popular so we must decline it. However, there is an easy workaround: Simply create an email address with a forwarding list and add the addresses where you want the report to be forwarded to that list. Then use the list address as the report recipient.

-- PD

6. Allow login to address overuse and reset rather than locking users out of their account.

When resources overused, currently you can log in but can't make changes/discover the reason for the over use. Furthermore you are unable to address the issue and get the site up and going again without contacting the host. It would be better to allow the user to address the issue and get the site back up without involving the host (if possible)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remember when expirering

Hy Plesk-Team,
    now its so that i´ll get an expireing-message if the subscriptune period gets near over the time limit. So i had to go in plesk and prolongate the subscription. A button "rember me" at the next year would be cool. So i´ll be able to set the the period to "infinite", but remember me every expire of the time limit. So i could send my invoice to that special customer, without any actions in plesk. Its in my responsibility to do that or not.
    Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Plesk should read and apply additional customization of PHP settings from /etc/php/version/conf.d/

Plesk should read and apply additional customization of PHP settings if there are some custom made configuration files present in /etc/php/version/conf.d/

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Plesk should automatically check PHP configuration files for any changes

Plesk should automatically check PHP configuration files for any changes and apply them in case PHP settings were changed directly on the server and not via Plesk.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. New plan for startups

Make a plan that sits between the Web Pro Edition and the Web Host Edition, it could be the Web Startup Edition or anything like it.

The idea is to make a plan that has at least 150 domains as limit, which is very good for a startup at a reasonable price of say $25.

This will help people who is growing as a business with Plesk but doesn't have the infrastructure to sustain huge servers with tons of customers just yet.

The current tier for Web Pro Edition does not help in this matter as 30 domains is far…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Do not suspend subscriptions for reaching limits, prevent them to reach limit.

If a subscription reaches a limit, for example in MSSQL database usage, it gets suspended by default (I know you can disable this but it's also a bad thing™).

Plesk should instead prevent them from reaching the limits. Also, when an administrator wants to know why a subscription is suspended, it should be clearly written as you browse it, instead of looking for it in the logs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Service plans for additional entities(domains/subdomains/emails)

It would be great to have an option to assign not only subscriptions, but also emails and subdomains to service plans. Hence, we'll be able to sell particular email and subdomain "subscriptions".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This contradicts the product logic. Service plans are not created for business objects, but business objects are parts of service plans. We must decline this. Instead, you can already use "Add ons" to service plans to configure extra settings for business objects.

-- PD

13. Add ability to delete backups via REST API using curl requests

Currently, it is noit possible to delete backups via REST API. Could you add ability to delete backups via REST API using curl requests

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow customization for /etc/xinetd.d/poppassd_psa file

We have an external server that hosts a "custom" webmail for users of a server with Plesk.

To allow them to change their password from the webmail, we added the IPs of this external server in the xinetd poppassdpsa configuration file (/etc/xinetd.d/poppassdpsa) of the Plesk server, it would be great to allow custom modifications to prevent changes on Plesk update

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Symlink between vhost.conf and vhost_ssl.conf on enabling SSL support

When a domain is already using a vhost.conf, and the user then activates SSL, Plesk should automatically create a vhost_ssl.conf as a symlink to vhost.conf.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to change time in Plesk logs from 24-hour format to 12-hour

For example, if a server event happens at 14:15, the time format in logs will be 2:15 PM

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Option to hide "Synchronize DNS zone with the primary domain " and "Mail service" checkboxes

Option to hide "Synchronize DNS zone with the primary domain " and "Mail service" checkboxes when creating a Domain Alias for Customer or resellers when an external mail service is used.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Singing every command you type

I think it's a great idea to sing every command you type. It's very important to express yourself with music, so why not?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Setup Git DevApps

Setup Git DivApps here and get automatic server push after testing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I am a Godaddy customer and hire Plesk. I had no idea that it was a subservice, for months I received the 505 error message and nobody has b

I am a Godaddy customer and hire Plesk. I had no idea that it was a subservice, for months I received the 505 error message and nobody has been able to solve the problem.My suggestion is to improve your service and your subcontract relationship with Godaddy, I am going to transfer my domains to a company that does not have subservices and that can respond to all its products without having to call third parties.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base