I suggest you ...

Add subdomains in one Let's Encrypt certificate

Add subdomains to one Let's Encrypt certificate.

Why?

Because Let's Encrypt has currently limit 5 certificates / 7 days on one domain.

Example: in one Let's Encrypt cerftificate will be this DNS names: example.com; www.example.com; sub1.example.com; sub2.example.com

I think it will be helpful if you can simply add your own domains and subdomains in Let's Encrypt Certificate.

Thanks!

252 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Josef Miegl shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

33 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • twistedpixel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

“Currently, wildcard SSL/TLS certificates are not renewed automatically. This feature is planned to be added later.”

I hope sooner rather than later though!

Great feature, thanks :)

• Gabriel T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important feature. It will save customers from a lot of confusion while using email clients.

• Rainer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would also be nice to have a 'Test LE' - Button to make sure that everything works before we actually create the certificates.
        Just ran into the 5-per-week-limit due to a server file permission problem and have to wait for 7 days now :-(

• Azahar Khan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently we are having indivisible certificates for my all sub domains and it takes manual time to request certificate for each new domain you the implement SAN can be easily done in single certificate

• DerDanilo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm sure they are working on this feature. The LE plugin received a lot of new features recently. For more features to work stable, they need time to test on several distributions. Stay tuned! :)

• DerDanilo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be possible and not just working with aliases.
        Having one certificate for a whole domain including all subdomains (should be selectable in when creating the certificate for the root domain/subdomain).

Please let me know if you need more input, we can discuss it.

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remember also, compatibility with alias, now is working, but the SAN also to work and configure with subdomains, and aliases.

• Carsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my opinion, this is not correct. It is not possible to create wildcard certificates (* .mydom.tld). However, explicit subdomains (sub1.mydomain.tld, sub2.mydomain.tld) can be integrated into a let's encrypt certificate.

• Madalin Ignisca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is on the Let's Encrypt official website:

"Let’s Encrypt offers Domain Validation (DV) certificates. We do not offer Organization Validation (OV), Extended Validation (EV), or wildcard certificates, primarily because we cannot automate issuance for those types of certificates."
        https://letsencrypt.org/docs/faq/

This is not a Plesk limitation, as it's impossible from let's encrypt.

• Vijay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will help for our time management because right now it takes lots of time to manage n number of certificates for my single domain.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base