I suggest you ...

Randomize the Daily Maintenance Task start time

Randomize the Daily Maintenance Task start time. When a significant number of servers send a licence key update request to the Key administration server, the key update task fails due to the server overload.

3 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Lars shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • B_P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a hint in https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000066305 already. Why option 1 from that article has not been implemented yet, is not really clear. Since many customers appear to have issues with updating their licenses, I wonder why it is not yet a standard solution (if plesk is not able to handle more connections...).
        In addition, I do not consider this a feature but a BUG that should be fixed (rather in a couple of days than years!). Not really understandable, why it takes longer than the next microupdate to contain that one additional line of code.

• Larsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As the script uses sh instead of bash this didn't work. Instead use this:

# install_statistics
        RANDOM=$(dc -e $(date +%N)' 1200 % p'); sleep $RANDOM; /opt/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /opt/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php >/dev/null 2>&1

• Lars commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Workaround - add sleep $(expr $RANDOM % 180); to the /etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily file

Feedback and Knowledge Base