Redirect from HTTP to HTTPS for secured webmails
You should place a redirect from http://webmail.domain.tld to https. Even the option "Hosting Settings > Permanent SEO-safe 301 redirect from HTTP to HTTPS" won't redirect the webmail; in any case these should be two separate options as the website may not support HTTPS yet.
The functionality is now available:
1. Linux: in the SSL It! Plesk Extension: https://ext.plesk.com/packages/3c4117f6-c05c-4d3b-9173-60f10096a9c4-sslit
2. Windows: in Plesk Obsidian (by default)
How to find it in SSL It! Extension:
1. install SSL It! Extension (it’s available for Plesk 17.8+)
2. go to > SSL/TLS Certificates
3. if there is no SSL Certificate installed on the domain – issue one (using, for example, free Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate)
4. if an SSL Certificate is installed on the domain, there is a switcher “HTTP→HTTPS redirect”, this switcher has an option “Webmail”, turn it on.
We would appreciate hearing your feedback on the implementation of this functionality. Thanks in advance!
I cannot see the option for "Webmail" in the switcher "HTTP->HTTPS redirect".
See the screenshot.
I would like this, too. :)
Yep. Please do it.
I would like to see this as well. I want to force clients that have SSL certs to use https for webmail, but some clients still don't have SSL set up which results in a browser warning when they check webmail.
John A. shiells commented
I agree with this.
10000% there needs to be a checkbox on a domains mail settings under the ssl cert selection box that says "301 redirect web mail to secure" just like it does on the hosting settings page.
please make this happen ASAP! I would suggest this is a high priority considering how picky chrome is being about certs now.