I suggest you ...

Backup into Cloud

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=262215

There are quite many free and commercial cloud storages at the day where user could keep their backup. But many storages wouldn't offer FTP access. It may be helpful if Plesk could transparently upload backups into a customer's Dropbox, Amazon or Azure account.

445 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sergey L shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminPlesk Staff (Admin, Plesk International GmbH) responded  · 

Happy to announce that we added backup to Cloud in Plesk Onyx 17.8 Preview (S3, Google Drive are already available; OneDrive coming soon).
    How to install Plesk Onyx 17.8 Preview https://talk.plesk.com/threads/plesk-onyx-17-8-preview.343283/

You should install a corresponding extension to try:
    S3 – https://ext.plesk.com/packages/8762049b-870e-47cb-ba14-9f055b99b508-s3-backup
    Google Drive – https://ext.plesk.com/packages/52fd6315-22a4-48b8-959d-b2f1fd737d11-google-drive-backup

SE

86 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Daniel Hendricks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of limiting to only Amazon S3, it would be nice if you would support ANY S3-compatible storage. The configuration is the same except you have to specify an endpoint (for example, nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com or objects-us-west-1.dream.io). It seems like it would be an easy tweak.

• AdminSergey L (Director of Program Management, Plesk International GmbH) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Rob,
        Previews are intended for early evaluation only. While technically the one might install preview and work on preview version till it becomes stable, and we have some records of people going this path previously, but it is neither officially supported nor recommended. Definitely not encouraged.

All such attempts can only be performed at your own risk as there might be cases when further upgrade wont work and we wont be able to help you. That's a natural limitation of a preview version.

• AdminSergey L (Director of Program Management, Plesk International GmbH) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Marcelo, you would need to contact ownCloud or NextCloud and see if they are interested in building an extension for Plesk. While Plesk cannot have enough hands to integrate every solution, our SDK and extensions allow every vendor to join and deliver. If you (or anyone else) would wish to integrate ownCloud or NextCloud by yourself, you are encouraged to start at https://ext.plesk.com/help and contact us for consulting if needed. We welcome independent contributors

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How does this work installing these preview updates? If I install them manually, does it effect future stable updates? One I install preview updates, will I be ahead of the stable ones, or will future stable releases incorporate into my preview versions? So confused by this.

• Marcelo Vetter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any possibility to implement this to NextCloud and OwnCloud? Those have "free" solutions for people that want to have "unlimited" cloud storage at their own companies/houses.

• DaveMurray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah but dear plesk team there was not only exists dropbox. that was not answer... " look there is dropbox plugin"

• Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many cloudservices offer a webdav Access - maybe this could be a protocol you can add?

• Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks David, I hope DropBox is also supported, I've already paid a year of Premium storage only to find out the backups are failing. Also, I'm not installing a preview version, I'll wait for the stable release because I can't risk to break anything.

• David McLaughlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the changelog for 17.8 Preview 4
        Plesk backups can now be stored in cloud storages (Amazon S3) via Plesk GUI and CLI.

• Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Dropbox backup plugin 3.0.0-2 fails with "Internal server error" during the upload process when the site is over 60GB in size. Please fix it, and also add other cloud services urgently.

• David McLaughlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im new to Plesk (2 days into trial) and this was the first thing I looked for. For most servers I manage I resort to S3 with Duplicity that supports incremental backups very well.
        For storage it would be great to support S3 and Google Cloud but equally important is the ability to do full and incremental backups.

• Jordan Schelew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cloud storage needs to be integrated into the backup manager if only because the backups need to obey the Plesk backup configuration for everything from schedule to IO/CPU reduction to Incremental backups.

The current Dropbox extension is a joke. All it does is full backups and destroys the server's IO while in use *because* it doesn't obey any of the rest of Plesk's backup options.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there anyone of the Plesk team aware of this? The original forum post doesn't even exist anymore. And as backups are a VERY important part of a hosting solution, only offering FTP and Dropbox is insufficient in my opinion.
        Please Plesk, at least drop in some Feedback here.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base