I suggest you ...

Backup into Cloud

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=262215

There are quite many free and commercial cloud storages at the day where user could keep their backup. But many storages wouldn't offer FTP access. It may be helpful if Plesk could transparently upload backups into a customer's Dropbox, Amazon or Azure account.

432 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sergey LSergey L shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

77 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PatrickPatrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many cloudservices offer a webdav Access - maybe this could be a protocol you can add?

• AlexanderAlexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks David, I hope DropBox is also supported, I've already paid a year of Premium storage only to find out the backups are failing. Also, I'm not installing a preview version, I'll wait for the stable release because I can't risk to break anything.

• David McLaughlinDavid McLaughlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the changelog for 17.8 Preview 4
        Plesk backups can now be stored in cloud storages (Amazon S3) via Plesk GUI and CLI.

• AlexanderAlexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Dropbox backup plugin 3.0.0-2 fails with "Internal server error" during the upload process when the site is over 60GB in size. Please fix it, and also add other cloud services urgently.

• David McLaughlinDavid McLaughlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im new to Plesk (2 days into trial) and this was the first thing I looked for. For most servers I manage I resort to S3 with Duplicity that supports incremental backups very well.
        For storage it would be great to support S3 and Google Cloud but equally important is the ability to do full and incremental backups.

• Jordan SchelewJordan Schelew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cloud storage needs to be integrated into the backup manager if only because the backups need to obey the Plesk backup configuration for everything from schedule to IO/CPU reduction to Incremental backups.

The current Dropbox extension is a joke. All it does is full backups and destroys the server's IO while in use *because* it doesn't obey any of the rest of Plesk's backup options.

• KevinKevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there anyone of the Plesk team aware of this? The original forum post doesn't even exist anymore. And as backups are a VERY important part of a hosting solution, only offering FTP and Dropbox is insufficient in my opinion.
        Please Plesk, at least drop in some Feedback here.

• PanagiotisPanagiotis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So far i've been using S3FS to be able to make backups to Amazon S3 so i whenever i need to update i have to change the backup dir to the default one, update and then change it back to Amazon S3. I 've been using Cpanen with Backup to Amazon S3 and make me feel safe that my backups are stored in a remote location plus it's super easy to work with.

• Thomas ObermaislThomas Obermaisl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for Amazon Glacier / Google Nearline / Backblaze B2 / OVH hubiC for backup!

Dropbox really isn't suitable for professional solutions (not to mention their exorbitant pricing if just used for backup storage). I've been using Plesk for years and generally like but this has been a serious shortcoming.

• DoMe LeDoMe Le commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As suggestion, yes but a complete server backup is better be stored on a dropbox instead of a single user :)

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base