I suggest you ...

Backup into Cloud

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=262215

There are quite many free and commercial cloud storages at the day where user could keep their backup. But many storages wouldn't offer FTP access. It may be helpful if Plesk could transparently upload backups into a customer's Dropbox, Amazon or Azure account.

385 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sergey LSergey L shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

62 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Thomas ObermaislThomas Obermaisl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for Amazon Glacier / Google Nearline / Backblaze B2 / OVH hubiC for backup!

Dropbox really isn't suitable for professional solutions (not to mention their exorbitant pricing if just used for backup storage). I've been using Plesk for years and generally like but this has been a serious shortcoming.

• DoMe LeDoMe Le commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As suggestion, yes but a complete server backup is better be stored on a dropbox instead of a single user :)

• FabioFabio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dropbox is only for users, we need some professional storage like AWS or Google Storage.

• Steven ChurchSteven Church commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature +1 please

The ability to do DropBox backups is silly, they are seriously over priced for storage.

• Lionel BruylantsLionel Bruylants commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An extension wich can backup to open stack, like ovh object storage, would be a great plus. It begin to be a standard for cloud storage. The extension must split the backup files like FTP does. I use it now with some trcks but it cause some problems with files bigger than 5 GB and actually my object storage is like a local storage so i can't split files.

• BulentBulent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Extension which will allow to upload and download backups from Object Storage as OVH Public Cloud Storage where the cost of the storage is very cheap

• GüntherGünther commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Backblaze is a very affordable cloud storage service. It would be nice to see a function for automatic/manual backups from Plesk to Backblaze.

• Jan LJan L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is also a Hackathon event to build this "Backup to Cloud" feature for Plesk at the next World Hosting Days on May 25th-26th in Phoenix, Arizona. The cool thing: the first 50 developers that register get a free domestic flight + free hotel (3 nights) and free food and drinks + free entrance to the WHD conference :-) Check it out: http://www.hackathon.whd.global/

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base