I suggest you ...

Add possibility to change default webmail.<domain> subdomain to custom

At the moment by default any webmail interface is under domain webmail.<domain>

Some people would like to use custom one. For me personally it's important to have this as server-wide setting (I have basic workaround for this - custom domainWebmail.php), but it isn't perfect (many links to webmail service missing, e.t.c.).

And that's why we have plesk - user friendly interface.

177 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Lapulapa shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Axel Elstermann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my opinion beeing able to customize something is (almost) every time a good thing. Because we can increase the customers experience. In this case it would be nice to be able to translate "webmail" to whatever fits the ISPs or customers corporate identity. Whether it would be "my-mail.sld.tld", "m.sld.tld" or "webmail-translated-into-the-customers-native-lang.sld.tld". On the other hand I'd like to emphasize the impact on certificates (as mentioned already by other commentors). Most likely SSL will have a tremendous market share in the near future due to the fact that the value of privacy/security increases more and more.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being able to set is causing us to have to rethink using plesk and virtuoso. We have customers how have a domain of mysite.genericdomain.com which has a wildcard cert for *.genericdomain.com. As a result, when plesk prepends webmail. to mysite.genericdomain.com certificate errors occur. Thus if we could set it, we could do webmail-mysite.genericdomain.com whch would work if we could set this value. I'm not understanding why this hasn't been taken care of already

Feedback and Knowledge Base