I suggest you ...

Delete mail after forwarding

I would like to use an E-Mail address as an outgoing E-Mail address with no postbox behind it. All E-Mails should be forwarded to another E-Mail address.
Currently you can set up forwarding but if you check "Use postbox" than the mails will be kept on the server although they have been forwarded. If you uncheck it, it is impossible to send emails from that address.

So please add at least an option to delete mails after forwarding them.

190 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a mail box set up so I can send emails through it but I also receive emails that I forward to another email address. The problem is my mail box keeps getting filled up because it's set to only 100mb (which my service provider will not let me change). So it would be nice for it do delete the email from my mail box once it's forwarded. That should be an option I can check in settings.

• Lu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this. I've got a couple of clients whose mailbox is used for huge files (TIF images, CAD stuff, etc) and they're going well above 10GB of space each one. It's insane.

Presently, if one turns on forwarding for an active mailbox, then Plesk keeps a copy of each forwarded message in that active mailbox. "Keep a copy" should be a separate option from "enable forwarding", so that one has the option to enable forwarding without clogging up an active but unused mailbox with copies of messages that have been forwarded elsewhere.

Alternatively, if I have misunderstood how this works at present, please let me know how I can forward messages sent to an active mailbox without disabling that mailbox.

Thanks!

• Gorgo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to use an E-Mail address as an outgoing E-Mail address with no postbox behind it. All E-Mails should be forwarded to another E-Mail address.
        Currently you can set up forwarding but if you check "Use postbox" than the mails will be kept on the server although they have been forwarded. If you uncheck it, it is impossible to send emails from that address.

So please add at least an option to delete mails after forwarding them.

(I add this idea exist already here but not accepted, then I repost : https://plesk.uservoice.com/forums/184549-feature-suggestions/suggestions/6338602-delete-mail-after-forwarding)

• [meinHoster.pro] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

again ++1, so many customers migrate to Office365 but they still want to have a hybrid mail system with linux mailboxes AND forwards other addresses to office365

• Steffen M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It´s very very Important....
        Can you say, if this feature sometime planned or not?

....Simply an option to delete messages after forwarding.... ;)

Please

• Jack Schneider commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I implemented the suggestion from Tozz but completely disregarding the security issue with shared passwords.
        So the best option, in my view, is to have a mailbox with forwarding and a authorized account (the plesk account of the forwarding mailbox) on the smtp server.
        (no inbox required so you do not have to implement a delete after forward option)

• Shivam Paw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At times we need a mailbox for sending emails and the emails to be forwarded. But we don't want the emails to be stored in the mailbox so you need the basic function that all control panels have: the ability to forward emails without saving to mailbox.

I know you can do this by unchecking mailbox but this means you can't send emails from that address from SMTP.

This feature is a must.

We have emails (eg. sales@ or contact@) that are set up but they automatically forward to other emails. These emails are never accessed by a human, just used to forward email. It would be nice to have a setting that would allow an automatic delete of old email vs having someone go in and spend hours deleting gigs of emails.

• Spike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mail servers should alreadly have the option to not keeping the message while forwarding was set. We just wish that option could be included in the panel.

Feedback and Knowledge Base