137 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Robin Labadie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@David Roussel
    I didn't mean to be rude, please take it easy.
    I'm not actually making a criticism on your ability to dig but just tried to gently make you notice that you missed a good place to dig into.

I keep seing complaints while I know there is the script provided in the thread (page 5 at the moment, before the project moved to Gitlab) so a refresh of the link was necessary.

• David Roussel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Robin Labadie dig better with 133 comments.... yeah you can do that yourself I've got more important things to do then to find something that I'll have <1% chance to find....

• Robin Labadie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@David Roussel
    Dig better because we already posted the link to our script that sets it up for you, for Outlook & Thunderbird, with a config tool for Apple devices in bonus!

https://gitlab.haisoft.net/pub/Plesk_MailAutoconfig

I think Plesk devs could get some inspiration from it, we did 90% of the work (search and ideas for integration with Apache), it now only needs to be implemented in Plesk in PHP to make it available for everyone by default. :)

On a side note, be informed that HaiSoft servers (shared, VM, DS) are equiped with that exact feature :)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Scenario: let the user fill in their email address and password.The rest should be added automatically (incoming and outgoing server, ports, SSL or not, authentication or not,...). I use the "hostname of the server" as incoming and outgoing mailserver for all domains (not the seperate domain names on the server)

• Antal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dont forget to alter the server address (3x) in the xml file.

Ah, i made a mistake, you should place the autodiscover file in a folder autodiscover. Also, try to browse to the link in the redirectmatch, you should see the contents of the xml file in your browser.

@antal;
    Can you explain this a bit more? I placed the file at the /htdocs location and place a directive through service plan/plan/webserver and placed it in Additional directives for HTTP and Additional directives for HTTPS. But it is not working.

replace the &quot; with a normal quote, uservoice changed this

The easiest workaround is to set an Apache directive in your service plan so that it becomes active for all your domains as below. Of course change the server address to your own domain.

RewriteEngine on
    RedirectMatch "^/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml" "https://pleskserver.domain.tld/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml&quot;

Then create a file /var/www/vhosts/default/htdocs/autodiscover.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <Autodiscover xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/responseschema/2006">
    <Response xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/outlook/responseschema/2006a">
    <Account>
    <AccountType>email</AccountType>
    <Action>settings</Action>
    <Protocol>
    <Type>POP3</Type>
    <Server>pleskserver.domain.tld</Server>
    <Port>995</Port>
    <DomainRequired>on</DomainRequired>
    <SPA>off</SPA>
    <SSL>on</SSL>
    <AuthRequired>on</AuthRequired>
    </Protocol>
    <Protocol>
    <Type>IMAP</Type>
    <Port>993</Port>
    <SPA>off</SPA>
    <SSL>on</SSL>
    </Protocol>
    <Protocol>
    <Type>SMTP</Type>
    <Port>587</Port>
    <SPA>off</SPA>
    <SSL>on</SSL>
    <UsePOPAuth>off</UsePOPAuth>
    <SMTPLast>off</SMTPLast>
    </Protocol>
    </Account>
    </Response>
    </Autodiscover>

• TomBob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

many client domains, a few are our own.
    domain1.com, domain2.com, domain3.com, domain4.com, etc

hostname server1.domain3.com
    with a separate subscription set up for this subdomain

all clients use server1.domain3.com as the incoming and outgoing mail server. Simple setup.

even if you only start with the autoconfig feature for Outlook first, for example, and add apple mail, thunderbird, etc gradually later, but lets just get started on this please.

• webdiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are all instructed on a autodiscover/autoconfig feature for Outlook and Thunderbird. Many users are using Plesk for customers and so also me. I loose customers because they can't connect properly with the email over Outlook.

We need Autodiscover with the possibitly to manage multiple email domains over one main email server.

Example:

customer1.com
    customer2.com
    hoster.com (the plesk instance)

mail@customer1.com
    mail@customer2.com
    connect over mail.hoster.com with autodiscover/autoconfig.

Please add this feature!

• Gil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a lot of customers with an own domain-name. If I want to implement autodiscover or autoconfig, we have to do a lot of subdomain "autoconfig.customerdomain.ltd" with xml of the configuration of our mail-server. .
    Is there a way to it automaticaly or to give to our customer the possibility to this subdomain ( a simple way)?

Despite of the price I've brought Kolab Premium Email to keep a client (no choice).
    I must that setting it up was not a pleasure.
    Documentation is too little and sometime not coninciding ..
    It takes about 20 days and 80 interraction with plesk support to have it functionning ..
    The plesk support was accurate but they need sometimes to contact Kolab Support
    It took very much time to have answer.

It' now functionning with tests. I worry about the time it will be in "production" by the client...

It looks like office360 would have been a better choice...

Mike

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base