Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Antal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ah, i made a mistake, you should place the autodiscover file in a folder autodiscover. Also, try to browse to the link in the redirectmatch, you should see the contents of the xml file in your browser.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@antal;
        Can you explain this a bit more? I placed the file at the /htdocs location and place a directive through service plan/plan/webserver and placed it in Additional directives for HTTP and Additional directives for HTTPS. But it is not working.

replace the " with a normal quote, uservoice changed this

The easiest workaround is to set an Apache directive in your service plan so that it becomes active for all your domains as below. Of course change the server address to your own domain.

RewriteEngine on
        RedirectMatch "^/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml" "https://pleskserver.domain.tld/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml"

Then create a file /var/www/vhosts/default/htdocs/autodiscover.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
        <Autodiscover xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/responseschema/2006">
        <Response xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/outlook/responseschema/2006a">
        <Account>
        <AccountType>email</AccountType>
        <Action>settings</Action>
        <Protocol>
        <Type>POP3</Type>
        <Server>pleskserver.domain.tld</Server>
        <Port>995</Port>
        <DomainRequired>on</DomainRequired>
        <SPA>off</SPA>
        <SSL>on</SSL>
        <AuthRequired>on</AuthRequired>
        </Protocol>
        <Protocol>
        <Type>IMAP</Type>
        <Port>993</Port>
        <SPA>off</SPA>
        <SSL>on</SSL>
        </Protocol>
        <Protocol>
        <Type>SMTP</Type>
        <Port>587</Port>
        <SPA>off</SPA>
        <SSL>on</SSL>
        <UsePOPAuth>off</UsePOPAuth>
        <SMTPLast>off</SMTPLast>
        </Protocol>
        </Account>
        </Response>
        </Autodiscover>

• TomBob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

many client domains, a few are our own.
        domain1.com, domain2.com, domain3.com, domain4.com, etc

hostname server1.domain3.com
        with a separate subscription set up for this subdomain

all clients use server1.domain3.com as the incoming and outgoing mail server. Simple setup.

even if you only start with the autoconfig feature for Outlook first, for example, and add apple mail, thunderbird, etc gradually later, but lets just get started on this please.

• webdiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are all instructed on a autodiscover/autoconfig feature for Outlook and Thunderbird. Many users are using Plesk for customers and so also me. I loose customers because they can't connect properly with the email over Outlook.

We need Autodiscover with the possibitly to manage multiple email domains over one main email server.

Example:

customer1.com
        customer2.com
        hoster.com (the plesk instance)

mail@customer1.com
        mail@customer2.com
        connect over mail.hoster.com with autodiscover/autoconfig.

Please add this feature!

• Gil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a lot of customers with an own domain-name. If I want to implement autodiscover or autoconfig, we have to do a lot of subdomain "autoconfig.customerdomain.ltd" with xml of the configuration of our mail-server. .
        Is there a way to it automaticaly or to give to our customer the possibility to this subdomain ( a simple way)?

Despite of the price I've brought Kolab Premium Email to keep a client (no choice).
        I must that setting it up was not a pleasure.
        Documentation is too little and sometime not coninciding ..
        It takes about 20 days and 80 interraction with plesk support to have it functionning ..
        The plesk support was accurate but they need sometimes to contact Kolab Support
        It took very much time to have answer.

It' now functionning with tests. I worry about the time it will be in "production" by the client...

It looks like office360 would have been a better choice...

Mike

• Xhezmi Tairi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi I got an answer:
        „Hi! I recommend voting for this here goo.gl/WDHRdL or using Plesk Premium Email which features Autodiscover: goo.gl/xSNbhs.“

My answer:
        Hi thank you for your reply. We vote already (URL of this page), but nobody take care about it. The Plesk Premium Email is a great tool, but to expensive for our customers. Office 365 or Google is cheaper. Over 40% from my customers moved to Office 365 (price $3-$4/month)

Summary:
        They are not interested. Let's wait until they lose also customers! I will start to find another solution for my beloved customers!

• Robb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And in case my last post wasn't clear, also please make this feature a priority -- it's a major point of pain for hosting support teams.

• Robb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Plesk -- please move this from "Open Discussion" to something else -- you're just upsetting your customers by being silent when it looks like you're asking for our feedback.

• Xhezmi Tairi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, Twitter is done!

#AutodiscoverForPlesk for email/calendar settings (linux, windows and smartphones)! Dear Developer, many customers require to migrate their mailbox to Google or Microsoft Office 365. Please add this feature. Otherwise, we will lose many customers! @Plesk, @PleskHelps Thank you!

I suggest everyone using plesk twitter & fb to get their attention on this critically missing capability. Thoughts?

• Remy Vaartjes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something the community really is waiting for. Most end-users find it too difficult to setup e-mail accounts.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base