Skip to content

Feature Suggestions

Please provide here your suggestion for new functionality for Plesk. We encourage you to review and vote for suggestions of others. The top-ranked suggestions are likely to be included in the next versions of Plesk.

Please write in English so that voters from all over the world can read and support your request.

For technical assistance, contact Plesk support
For questions, bug reports, discussions and free assistance, check our Forum and Facebook page
For additional information, see Documentation, Knowledge Base and Blog
Follow us on Twitter for more news on Plesk development

Off-topic posts will be removed from here

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

235 results found

1. I can not download a file with APK extension

I Uploaded an android application (a file with APK extension) but I can not download it from the server esily like a ZIP file for example .. Why ? Is there a solution for this issue?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Tech support Team needs to be more active

Tech Team, never response to the ticket within 24 hours. we as customer have to followup everytime.
    Even after calling to Tech Team, they just speek of them and disconnect the call, and never try to understand what we say...
    they are never ready to listen and answer to our questions.
    i feel very bad when i talk and the call get drop off from Tech department.

very bad.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry, this is a complain on support team rather than an idea for a product, so we will have to close it. The right way to handle your negative experience would be to complete the survey available after your ticket is closed. You can also request an escalation in the ticket.

Overall statistics indicate that the support team responds most of the tickets within 24 hours. You can post your ticket id in comments and we will pass the feedback to support supervisor for further investigation.

Thanks!

3. I do not where my wp-content/plugins folder to add some plugins

I do not where my wp-content/plugins folder to add some plugins
    I want to add the attached plugin to that folder

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. network service

Please add the service network user permissions to my WWW folder and give the read and write permissions.
    IP:204.11.58.167

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. big mistake:: in power user view, click on files tab it says wrong: "root directory" Makes Plesk look retarded. Seriously

big mistake:: in power user view, click on files tab it says worng: "root directory" Makes Plesk look retarded. Seriously

Steps to Produce the Problem:
    1. Login into Plesk 12, using Power User View
    2. Click onthe files tab. This is what comes up (I have added notes to the screenshot).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for reporting this issue, Dan. It was supposed to mean “document root” or “docroot” (http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#documentroot), not the actual root. Since this is causing confusion, we will fix the issue in upcoming Plesk releases. Internal ID for your reference is PTD-593.

We are closing this request as irrelevant, since it’s a bug report, not a feature request. We would appreciate if you could report bugs in Plesk on our forum at http://forum.odin.com. Thank you.

6. can not make upgrade i need i dea,when even try to upgrade,vps alwasy collapse

can not make upgrade i need i dea,when even try to upgrade,vps alwasy collapse

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. There should be IIS Basic Authentication setting for virtual directory using Plesk Control Panel just like Anonymous and Windows.

There should be IIS Basic Authentication setting for virtual directory using Plesk Control Panel just like Anonymous and Windows.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. very cheapest client response service no any one believe on manas i have ex-prince improve fast

very cheapest client response service no any one believe on manas i have ex-prince improve fast

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It highly suggest plesk control shall provide the multi-files permissions same as direct admin.

It highly suggests plesk control shall provide the multi-files and folder permissions change same as direct admin.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. get disk space calculations right

On a 10Gb disk space plan VPP indicates I'm at 65% usage, i.e. 6.5Gb and yet all I've actually used is 1,743 Gb.

It took me ages to figure out where my space had gone, Plesk stole it!

Part of the problem and not the whole problem it seems is that the actual disk space aliased domains is equal to the domain they are an alias for, so, if you have a domain (say) using 1.5Gb of space the alias shows 1.5Gb and the disk space used is calculated to be 3Gb not 1.5Gb.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It’s OK if you have about 5Gb of disk space used by OS and software installed. You can ask your provider to help you with understanding what exactly consumes disk space in your case.

i.e. you could have some backups stored at your disk.

As for domain aliases in Plesk, they have no impact on calculation of your VPS disk usage.

11. Add browse window to Odin Plesk, Wordpress Add Theme

In Plesk > Subscription > Domain > Websites & Domains > Manage Themes > add a browse button to browse the file system for a theme and/or plugin. Right now it has only a search which searches for an entry from somewhere. If one would buy a theme and/or plugin and download that theme and/or plugin and have it in their file system they need to be able to install the theme and/or plugin from the filesystem. Not all themes are readily available in a search, especially ones that are purchased and custom made.
    Also, there is a 'bug' in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Support for custom themes and plugins has been already requested earlier. David, you can add your vote here: https://plesk.uservoice.com/forums/184549-feature-suggestions/suggestions/6414340-add-the-option-to-add-custom-wordpress-themes-and.
    We’d love to hear your comments on this request either on Uservoice (see link above) or on our forum at http://forum.sp.parallels.com/.

2. We’ve filed this issue for further investigation. Internal issue ID for reference is PPP-14674.

Since this request is a duplicate of another more popular request, we’re closing this one as irrelevant.

12. If a relay is set up, please do not delete the data on the server. Thank You.

If a relay is set up, please do not delete the data on the server. Thank You.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make The Health Monitoring Tools Accurate

Hello

My hosts fasthost continuously critiscise the quality of the health monitoring feature on Plesk.

I have checked against my logs and see that there are significant divergences between server logs and the health Monitoring system.

They should both use the same logs or be made more accurate.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Health Monitor is using the same logs as you do. However, because HM refreshes periodically it can show different values than “top” command (for example) would show at the moment.

You can tune it for faster refresh, but that will increase your server load. Overall it is important to understand that HM is more for average load indication than for spike analysis

14. Test upload and download speed of my dedicated server.

Is there any way to test upload and download speed of my dedicated server?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. when creating a cron job that includes db credentials then hide those credentials after task created

when creating a cron job that includes db credentials then hide those credentials after task created

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Less of upgrade

I think that is not possible have, every days, an upgrade to do. Why need a lot of update/fix?

Regards

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Upgrades are not every day. However every 1-2 weeks there is an update with fixes for issues reported by our users. Every professional software delivers frequent updates to not make their users wait for solutions.

These updates let you not hit the issues, which were already faced and reported by others which makes your personal experience better. Technically you can disable updates if you want. However should you ever have any problem in future, the first question you will be asked – "are you sure you are on the latest version??

17. About theme

Where can I found Plesk‘s theme?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be nice if we could actually contact someone with questions.

I guess the small businesses are not important enough for you to provide us with live support. We have to dig trough thousands of FAQ files to see if someone had the same problem as us. You have provided many apps to add to our sites but if they are free ones they do not work or will not download onto our sites and no one to contact to find out why it's not working. I have been with this company for many years and it looks like it's time to move my business to another provider.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry, but there is a chance that you meant to submit it to your hosting provider. We are a software company which supplied the provider with the solution you are working at. We would suggest to call to your hosting company for resolving your problem.

Let us know if we can help somehow

19. Support Wordpress multi-site network in wordpress toolbox

Wordpress multisite (also called site network) seems to be not fully supported by Plesk Wordpress toolbox. I.e. when you migrate using migration tool (plesk to plesk) the wp-config php file is overwritten and the multisite customized config is removed.
    It would be great -at least - if the customized wp-config lien are not removed in any Plesk opertation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your report. We are planning to fix this issue, however, the fix is not simple and will take some time. The internal tracking ID is #1984215. Here’s a workaround you can use in the meantime: this issue does not happen if you install WordPress manually (not via APS / Applications tab).

We are closing this request as “irrelevant”, since it’s a bug report, not a feature request. We would appreciate if you report bugs found in Plesk using our forum (forum.sp.parallels.com). Thank you!

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base