Feature Suggestions

Please provide here your suggestion for new functionality for Plesk. We encourage you to review and vote for suggestions of others. The top-ranked suggestions are likely to be included in the next versions of Plesk.

Please write in English so that voters from all over the world can read and support your request.

For technical assistance, contact Plesk support
For questions, bug reports, discussions and free assistance, check our Forum and Facebook page
For additional information, see Documentation, Knowledge Base and Blog
Follow us on Twitter for more news on Plesk development

Off-topic posts will be removed from here

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Wordpress toolkit - Reset internal database and better management options

Hello all,
    in our environment we have a custom FileSystem structure and we need to "exclude" some directories from Wordpress Toolkit nightly task (where WP Toolkit find all the installed wp websites).

For example, can be really usefull have a section into file .user.ini where we can write an exclusion (or an inclusion where somebody else can need) like:

[Wordpress-Toolkit]
    exclude-path="./blabla/", recursive="true"

actually, WPToolkit find other copies of httpdocs into our custom structure and put it into database as "damaged installations" and these are impossible to be removed.

Can be really usefull have a button where we can empty the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  WordPress Toolkit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customizing WordPress instance Update Settings.

Add possibility chose what settings can be visible to end users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. WordPress messages

I would suggest to let resellers determine what messages go to customers. Now all messages to customers come form the Plesk administrator. Customers don't have any direct connection to the Plesk administrator. Resellers do. I think all applications based communications and settings should belong to the resellers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. wordpress tabs

I would like to suggest an extra tab with only the plugins/themes which can be updated.
    Checking what an "update all" does before hitting that link is a drag when one has pages full of plugins... Same for themes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Wordpress multisite in plan subscription settings

Allow service providers to choose to enable/disable customers to create multisite networks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Display wordpress installation path in wordpress toolkit

I have "duplicate" websites in wordpress toolkit list, because of a manual backup I did during a hacking attempt.
    So, same url, same name, but different path. One is live, the other not.

I realize that there is no easy way to see the installation path of a wordpress toolkit element !
    ( best way : count the website rank in the list of wordress list, : click on File Manager, see the path, browser-back, count again in the list by praying you're counting right with your finger on the screen, click on it , rename it, triple check, deleting…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. WordPress Toolkit - Plugins/Themes view - Show only items which have update available, hide already updated

Going to WordPress toolkit's Plugins view I get a listing of over 3000 plugins. It is quite hard to pick one-by-one the plugins that I choose to upgrade. It would be great to have a "filter" on that page, that I can only show the plugins that have updates available, hiding already updated plugins

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  WordPress Toolkit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. WordPress plugins status for multisite instances

Please add possibility to manage plugins of multisite instances from WordPress toolkit.

Currently, the status of WordPress plugins for the main website is always showed as disabled despite the fact that in WordPress nnetwork they are enabled.
    Thus managing them from Plesk directly is impossible.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  WordPress Toolkit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create an extension that allows one-click JetPack installs

Similar to CloudFlare and BoldGrid, it would be great if there was a paid/subscription extension that allowed me to offer WordPress customers one-click installation of the JetPack (https://jetpack.com/) Personal or Premium plugin (with a negotiated volume or subscription rate).

Perhaps it could also allow customers to upgrade to Professional at their own cost.

My use case: I want to advertise that JetPack Premium is included with all WordPress hosting plans. However, they do not have any volume pricing, and a "one-click" plugin would be nice to handle the logistics.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow Wordpress Toolkit feature - administrative settings

We enforce keeping Wordpress up-to-date and would like to see the option to disable the "no updates" updating option in the Wordpress Toolkit. This would allow us to offer our customers the Security fixes only (minimum) option or all updates (maximum) update option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base