Feature Suggestions

Please provide here your suggestion for new functionality for Plesk. We encourage you to review and vote for suggestions of others. The top-ranked suggestions are likely to be included in the next versions of Plesk.

Please write in English so that voters from all over the world can read and support your request.

For technical assistance, contact Plesk support
For questions, bug reports, discussions and free assistance, check our Forum and Facebook page
For additional information, see Documentation, Knowledge Base and Blog
Follow us on Twitter for more news on Plesk development

Off-topic posts will be removed from here

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Limit what aditional administrators can do

It would be useful to have options for what additional administrators can do within the panel. For example, I run hosting as part of my IT company and normally it's me that does all the work in Panel, however it is often useful to have one of my staff to do some admin tasks but I don't necessarily want that person to be able to perform all tasks such as changing critical server settings.

91 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Business Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • provide a way to see why a subscription is locked

Many times I find that some subscriptions won't sync because they are locked. I'd really like to know why they are locked. So far, I've been able to unlock & sync with no noticeable changes. But I'm left wondering what caused the lock in the first place. And I'm afraid that I'll realize later something no longer works as expected.

41 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Business Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Resellers service plans: Hiding resources that are not allocated to them

If you create a reseller plan with e.g. "Data backup and restoration using the server repository = off ", the reseller is still able to make his own service plans with that particular permission enabled. Then, when they assign the subscription to a client it gives a notification that the subscription cannot be synced as it is using resources not allowed by the reseller plan.

This is frustrating our resellers as many Service Plans have things like "Backup and Anti-Virus Management" ticked by default, resources that we have denied them in the Reseller Plan. They then have to change each…

14 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

open discussion  ·  5 comments  ·  Business Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Add ability to identify what subscription is using all bandwidth

We had a customers wordpress site that got hacked. It was a headache to identify the reason why our bandwitdh was saturated and why all sites including plesk panel were unavailable.

6 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

open discussion  ·  3 comments  ·  Business Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Сharge customers based on their website visitors, rather than allocated server resources

Add option in Service Plan Resources, which can regulate number of users.
            OR
            Allow set different bills by the end of period (month) according to the number of visitors

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Business Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • New plan for startups

Make a plan that sits between the Web Pro Edition and the Web Host Edition, it could be the Web Startup Edition or anything like it.

The idea is to make a plan that has at least 150 domains as limit, which is very good for a startup at a reasonable price of say $25.

This will help people who is growing as a business with Plesk but doesn't have the infrastructure to sustain huge servers with tons of customers just yet.

The current tier for Web Pro Edition does not help in this matter as 30 domains is far…

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Disable Scheduled tasks for disabled domain

https://talk.plesk.com/threads/bug-cronjobs-work-with-stop-domain.344114/#post-831277

If I disabled, suspend domain or account the cronjobs still working​

Tasks and sytem user are subscription level objects. So, they are disabled when you suspend a subscription. If you suspend or disable a domain tasks and system user are not disabled.

Please, update plesk system change level object to domain, not to suscription.

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Do not suspend subscriptions for reaching limits, prevent them to reach limit.

If a subscription reaches a limit, for example in MSSQL database usage, it gets suspended by default (I know you can disable this but it's also a bad thing™).

Plesk should instead *prevent* them from reaching the limits. Also, when an administrator wants to know why a subscription is suspended, it should be clearly written as you browse it, instead of looking for it in the logs.

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Business Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Plesk users and AD users

Opportunity to create users in AD within their creation in Plesk.

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• let the user manage the disk space while the subscription is suspended.

Let the subscriber delete the emails by him/herself to make some space when the allowed disk space is overused. Now we can't do anything to make space once the subscription is suspended. Have to call the support every time. It's really fraustrating!!!

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Sync log rotation parameters between Service Plan and Subscription

Creating a new domain might embed default log rotation parameters from service pack.

AND

Updating service pack might update all domains log rotation parameters (if not changed for this specific domain...)

Regards ;-)

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• separation of subscription locking and syncing with service plans

Hello,

currently any change done to subscriptions using customize will result in causing the subscription to lock and need resyncing. The only two buttons to save customizations are "apply and lock" and "update and lock".

The change you make might affect just one area like the renewal date however the whole subscription is marked as locked. If you unlock and sync all customizations made through other areas of the subscription are removed, including custom php directives, php memory_limit, and other configuration settings that are important to keep so that the customer's subscription will keep their websites working.

As it currently…

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base