Feature Suggestions

Please provide here your suggestion for new functionality for Plesk. We encourage you to review and vote for suggestions of others. The top-ranked suggestions are likely to be included in the next versions of Plesk.

Please write in English so that voters from all over the world can read and support your request.

For technical assistance, contact Plesk support
For questions, bug reports, discussions and free assistance, check our Forum and Facebook page
For additional information, see Documentation, Knowledge Base and Blog
Follow us on Twitter for more news on Plesk development

Off-topic posts will be removed from here

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Find and Install Apache Modules

In the apache modules screen have a space where a user can find and install packages via a GUI interface instead of using command line to setup modules.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

open discussion  ·  4 comments  ·  Plesk (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want change permissions folder and file feature added to xml API

I want change permissions folder and file feature added to xml API

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Plesk (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remote logging feature for plesk

Due to compliance logging in the server is not acceptable. We need an option to redirect all plesk logs to syslog so that we can redirect the logs to remote server using syslog.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Plesk (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Prevent users from installing SSL certificates

As reseller (or administrator) we should be able to prevent customers installing a selfsigned or 3rd party bought SSL certificate themselves.

It's not possible to disable the 'SSL support' check box within the
    'Service Plans' menu section 'Hosting Parameters' because as Administrator we install customer SSL certificates by API. Disabling 'SSL support' will also disable installing SSL certificates by API.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

open discussion  ·  4 comments  ·  Plesk (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add NETDATA to plesk for server monitoring

For better server performance monitoring add netdata to plesk. More info about this great tool: https://github.com/firehol/netdata

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Plesk (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Reseller Permissions

Hello
    I need an access to limitation on reseller but I see all of resellers can change all of performance , PHP setting , application poll and ... easily during create plans and my deny permissions not affected on reseller access but I need resellers fallow master access on my servers
    and I need to remove unlimited option on create plans for resellers , all of resellers can switch to unlimited option easily for customers during create plan

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Plesk Repair Tool (Linux) : Exclusion of paths, permissions and directories

We tried to use the "plesk bin repair" tool (file system check) with -n to run once a week and report if errors found to nagios. Unfortunately the tool does also report things like the .git directory as suspicious. So we would get alerts for everybody using GIT in his Web-space.

We would like to have to the possibility to exclude some specific paths, directories or permissions to get a clean output from the repair tool and pass it to nagios.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. A choice of popular applications that are displayed in the Plesk client panel

Now the list of recommended applications for customers displays only 3 applications: WordPress, Joomla, Drupal on start page in Plesk (customer level).
    It would be nice if the hosting provider himself may indicate or change the list of recommended applications for its customers.

Yes, now the above applications are the most popular. However, in different regions and among different providers and web studios may be other applications more popular.

For example there are e-commerce applications that meet the requirements of tax laws (such as Russia), and are popular in this country, but these applications are not the most popular in…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Plesk (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

open discussion  ·  0 comments  ·  Plesk (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Track E-mail Sent from System more effectively

Introduce a system to show outgoing mail from the system, outgoing mail queue for domains and e-mail headers sent by domains to make tracking spam and abuse of the system simpler.

Having had a week of tracking down scripts attempting to send etc. Its proved hard to identify which domains within a subscription are offending and from which hosting package. Might be an idea possibly to track back to a script for a domain using the php mail() or by using sendmail features.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. email forwarding anti loop mechanism

Today it seems Plesk is not able to manage a simple mail forwarder configuration like the following:

pippo@domain.com (local address) forwarding to pluto@domain.com (local address)
    pluto@domain.com (local address) forwarding to pippo@domain.com (local address)

This kind of configuration generates a mail-forwarding-loop, but it should be possible to avoid it and terminate the forwarding without issues.

This kind of configuration is simple and immediately working on cPanel based systems (tested on several systems). in my specific case, I migrated from cPanel to Plesk a company mail server and now I'm experiencing big complaints because I'm not able to preserve this simple configuration…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Autocreate subdomain for application

Ability to create subdomain while install application

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Deleting a customer account now results in all backups belonging to that account being deleted as well

The feature "Deleting a customer account now results in all backups belonging to that account being deleted as well" was implemented since Plesk Onyx 17.0.15

Add an opportunity to choose will the customer's backups be removed together with the customer or not

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Plesk (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Could you clarify – why server-wide backup doesn’t work for the case?
    If you have a server-wide backup, which was created before a user deletion, you are able to restore any data related to the user, including whole their structure (the user account, all their subscriptions/domains, and their content),

SE

14. plesk control pages should include robots noindex metatag

All PLESK control panel pages (:8443) should include a robots "noindex" metatag in the <head>-section, so Google would not index them at random.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. In-place dist-upgrade Windows Server 2008 (R2) to Windows Server 2012 (R2)

It would be nice if Plesk supports an in-place dist-upgrade from Windows Server 2008 (R2) to Windows Server 2012 (R2).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Plesk (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I see that this upgrade is supported by Microsoft – https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn303416(v=ws.11).aspx
    But I suppose that in Plesk context its is very complex procedure which can lead to unpredictable consequences in Plesk operation. Support of this dist-upgrade will take a lot of resources for developing and testing. Therefore I think that migration from one server to other or through backup/restore procedure is much more tested and safe procedure.

But we will consider this functionality in upcoming releases, if it will be popular.
    Everyone, please continue voting for this feature if you consider it important.

IG

16. Improve firewall module to allow editing outside of Plesk

The Plesk firewall module overwrites any custom rules saved outside of the firewall itself (for IP tables rules added via command line). It would make it a lot easier if the firewall module worked with the native tool and read the existing firewall rules instead of overwriting any rules not created by the module itself.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please, allow locations {} usage in "Additional nginx directives"

Please, allow locations {} usage in "Additional nginx directives" in addition to simple directives. Thank you.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

open discussion  ·  3 comments  ·  Plesk (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Health monitoring - Add Month and Year view

As the idea of integrating Munin in Plesk was declined.
    Is it possible to add a Month and Year view in Health Monitoring.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Disk health monitoring should check inodes also

I recently had a Virtuozzo container crash completely because I wasn't notified of the Inodes was exchausted, trouble is that on platforms like these there are tighter restrictions on the number of files you are allowed to create.

It should show up on the same level as the regular disk usage monitoring.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. integrated imagemagick within plesk for windows

Often customers ask about a imagemagick support.it would be nice if imagemagick is bundled with plesk and can install as optional component.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base