Skip to content

Feature Suggestions

Please provide here your suggestion for new functionality for Plesk. We encourage you to review and vote for suggestions of others. The top-ranked suggestions are likely to be included in the next versions of Plesk.

Please write in English so that voters from all over the world can read and support your request.

For technical assistance, contact Plesk support
For questions, bug reports, discussions and free assistance, check our Forum and Facebook page
For additional information, see Documentation, Knowledge Base and Blog
Follow us on Twitter for more news on Plesk development

Off-topic posts will be removed from here

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

25 results found

1. Delete imported backup files after restore

After setting up my new Plesk instance i added back my remote backup location (S3) and restored the backup to get the subscriptions back up and running.

The backup was imported and restored just fine and everything was in order. After creating a new full backup, I went ahead and deleted the old backup from the list of backups and it was removed from the remote location.

However the imported copy inside of /var/lib/psa/dumps remained in place, but did not show up in the list of backups any more. There does not seem to be a way in Plesk to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Backup Telemetry visible after backup

Currently the backup telemetry is only visible during a backup, after completion the icon is no longer present.
    However, the profile.log file, created during the backup, is available and can be loaded manually.
    It should be easy to make the link available for completed backups as well?!

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Fix the scheduled backup lists page - bug alert

On this page -> https://***.xxxxx.com:8443/modules/scheduled-backups-list/?context=extensionButton_1, when you click on any of the column headings, they are supposed to sort by that column. This is true on all except for the "Name" column. When I click on "Name", the column doesn't sort either way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The backup on Amazon S3 Bucket does NOT work for the Milan region

It's possible to backup in ALL the AWS region, except Milan.
    Please, add the support to that one as well.
    Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Apache log rotation

Apache log rotation
    Good Morning,
    Why do the log files "logs / access_log.processed" not reach me by email if I have the option "Set log rotation" and it appears as "rotated"?
    Before, the records came to me perfectly, but lately they only get to the mail for a few days.
    Can you help me with the problem?
    Thank you very much

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Unable to download large backup files through backup manager in plesk

Hello,

We have a backup file of 103 GB size. While trying to download the backup through backup manager by clicking the green arrow in the backup list. It starts to download but fails. Backup is stored in a different locations, so FTP won't helps. Please suggest any download manager helps to keeps the browser connection while backup is prepared. Download manager handle the backups as they usually allow for restarting an interrupted download as well as error checking to ensure the file is completely downloaded. Will this corrupt the backup file? Please advise.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. updates

How about stop all the stupid updates that break everything?????

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Google Drive Backup

backup function Google: Google Drive backup was always free of charge why suddenly should the user pay for it extra?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Copy upgraded html code from Code Editor

I would like to be able to copy upgrades of my html code in the Code Editor. At this point, I have not been able to copy code off the code editor and paste it in a document on my laptop.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. internal error

i wanted to restore a backup of an FTP storage
    Then I got this message.

Internal error ;-P

ERROR: ZendControllerException: Zugriff verweigert.#0 /opt/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Controller/Plugin/Broker.php(309): Plesk\Application\Controller\Plugin\ForgeryProtection->preDispatch(Object(ZendControllerRequest_Http))<br />

1 /opt/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Controller/Front.php(941): ZendControllerPluginBroker->preDispatch(Object(ZendControllerRequestHttp))<br />

2 /opt/psa/admin/plib/Application/Web.php(39): ZendControllerFront->dispatch(NULL)<br />

3 /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/application.php(15): Plesk\Application_Web->run()<br />

4 {main} (Broker.php:312)<br />

<br><a href='http://kb.plesk.com/plesk-error/search?metaId=b2d9cf435e3de4f4af59765e13a75929&messageId=19a79b46ba67d95303bdce36643a3e6a&file=Broker.php&line=312&type=Zend_Controller_Exception&version=17.5.3&message=Zugriff+verweigert.%23+%2Fpath%2Fapplication.php%28%29%3A+Plesk%2FApplication_Web-%3Erun%28%29%0A%23+%7Bma' target='_blank'>Search for related Knowledge Base articles</a>

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To solve your issue, please contact your hosting provider (the company that hosts your website) and request support from them directly. We are the authors of the software you and your hosting provider are using, and unfortunately we cannot help with this particular request, because we do not host your website. We are closing your request as it doesn’t include any software improvement proposal.

IG

12. Better translation

In Backup admin the Backup button in spanish should be traduced as "backup" and not as "copiar". It is confusing.
    The correct rtanslation would be "copia de seguridad", which is too long I guess. But "copiar" is the same as in English "copy",
    The English word Backup is more precise and short at the same time.
    By the way backup admin is traduced also as "Administrador de backups" so it would be more consistent to choose the same word for the button.

Kind regards

Nick

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. website import

by customer, i found a bug.
    Import content, site-migration

It works, but hidden files such as. .htaccess were not transferred.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. manu

Unable to import the EmroDB dump:
    Unable to restore database 'EmroDB'
    Not valid backup:
    The database was backed up on a server running version 12.00.2370. That version is incompatible with this server, which is running version 11.00.5058. Either restore the database on a server that supports the backup, or use a backup that is compatible with this server.
    VERIFY DATABASE is terminating abnormally.
    (Error code 22)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To solve your issue, please contact your hosting provider (the company that hosts your website) and request support from them directly. We are the authors of the software you and your hosting provider are using, and unfortunately we cannot help with this particular request, because we do not host your website. We are closing your request as it doesn’t include any software improvement proposal.

IG

15. Error: dbbackup failed: Unable to restore database 'SewangoIAS' Not valid backup The database

Error: dbbackup failed: Unable to restore database 'SewangoIAS'
    Not valid backup
    The database was backed up on a server running version 12.00.2000. That version is incompatible with this server, which is running version 11.00.3128. Either restore the database on a server that supports the backup, or use a backup that is compatible with this server.
    VERIFY DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To solve your issue, please contact your hosting provider (the company that hosts your website) and request support from them directly. We are the authors of the software you and your hosting provider are using, and unfortunately, we cannot help with this particular request because we do not host your website. We are closing your request as it doesn’t include any software improvement proposal.

IG

16. Backup FTP create before new folder with date label

Create a folder in ftp server with date label each backup to be separate or other feature like , delete all files un ftp server before backup.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Each backup is already labeled with date in the interface and backup file name put on ftp includes time stamp. Could you please describe specific scenario with the use of this functionality if backup files are placed into separate directories?

UPD: Sorry, we are closing the request as no information were provided for over a month.

—ET

17. Expand backups to 30 days

Hello, update Plesk these days 12.05.30 coming version 12.0 and now I can not make more than 2 backups. Someone knows how to extend to 30 days had before?

I contacted my hosting and told me to see here. Not Hostin thing seems to be, if not plesk!
    Thanks to all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have to close this item as Irrelevant, because it does not contain any actual feature request or useful information.

This says that the maximum number of scheduled backups is limited to 2. You can change this limit in Tools & Settings > Backup Manager > Settings > Maximum number of scheduled backup files to store

Read more in http://docs.plesk.com/en-US/12.5/administrator-guide/backing-up-and-restoration/global-backup-settings.59265/
    —ET

18. restore file system is taking too much time in 12.5 something is changed and is to fixed

restore file system is taking too much time in 12.5 something is changed and is to fixed

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. plesk migration mananger - bugfix

i will explain with a example.

My hosting plan has 2Gb of email box space.
    i had a customer (subscription) that was inside of this Plan but him space box was 4gb (customized) during Migration manager only 2Gb was migrated, causing a from client view information lost.

will be good to migrate all data without concern about Plan space settings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Could you please explain your request in more details? To reproduce the issue, we need to know which versions of Plesk were used at source and destination servers. Which versions of operating systems were used? Also we need to know how the migration was made — did you try to migrate whole server or a few subscriptions including the one with the mailbox that you mentioned, which had 4 GB of data?

Upd: We are closing this request, as no information was provided for over a month.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base