Skip to content

Feature Suggestions

Please provide here your suggestion for new functionality for Plesk. We encourage you to review and vote for suggestions of others. The top-ranked suggestions are likely to be included in the next versions of Plesk.

Please write in English so that voters from all over the world can read and support your request.

For technical assistance, contact Plesk support
For questions, bug reports, discussions and free assistance, check our Forum and Facebook page
For additional information, see Documentation, Knowledge Base and Blog
Follow us on Twitter for more news on Plesk development

Off-topic posts will be removed from here

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2518 results found

1. Own SSL Cert for each Email

Please add the Support to use own SSL Certs for everey Email TLD.

Examples:
    SSL Cert 1 for mail.musternann.de
    SSL Cert 2 for mail.hello.de

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Deploy Tomcat application as ROOT contexto.

Now you can deploy a java application as any context (/foo, /foo2, ...) but it would be perfect to allow the deploy as ROOT (/).

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Use the same license on different servers

Hello,

Please add the possibility to purchase an extended license for mail servers with Plesk.

It would be helpful if I prefer to separate my mail services from my main hosting.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Phalcon PHP framework

Automatic support phalcon framework
    http://phalconphp.com/en/

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This request is 7 years old and has only received a few votes. The current market share of the Phalcon PHP framework is <0.01 %. Unfortunately we can only implement support for frameworks who have some popularity among users. For that reason we need to decline this request.

-- PD

5. Odoo

I have seen that there are servers with the application of odoo installed type 1and1 and I would like to know if you are going to install it here as certain applications.

I think it would be a good idea to facilitate the user without knowledge that can install odoo with little work.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Odoo is a highly specific application suite that is mainly targed for SaaS hosting on their own cloud infrastructure. There is a "do-it-yourself" hosting version, yes, but only at a quite high price, and it requires sophisticated knowledge to host and to operate. Users who are able to operate it will not have the requirement for a hosting panel. Odoo also does not seem to be suitable for integration with a hosting panel and the big question is why such an integration would make sense at all for an extensive application like that one. Regarding the very low number of votes for this feature request over the course of 6 years, practical zero interest since 2021, the given technical pre-requisites, the limited market, we must decline this request.

-- PD

6. Multi-Server Plesk for Windows

I See Plesk multi-server is now available for Linux

it too would be good if this was also extended to windows.

The setup should work similar to Helm / MSPControl Panel where we can have

1 CP Server maybe shared with other services such as DNS1
    multiple web servers that can just be IIS services only
    Multiple database servers
    Multiple Mail Servers

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Show warning box if closing window or tab uploading.

Show a warning box, preventing a window or tab being closed, if that window is uploading something e.g file manager. Or is doing a critical task that requires the window or tab to be open.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Backup Manager: Add a "upload to ftp repository" function and button

similar to the download button.
    Maybe restricted to configured ftp repository.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Plesk VPN Module additional configuration

I would use the VPN server as a tunnel.
    Therefore, I must add the following configuration.

push "redirect-gateway"

Would it be possible adding additional configuration?

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Extensions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add official support for PHP APCu - revisited.

In an "idea" posted in 2018 - and declined -, you said "As far as I know APC/APCu is outdated..."
    That is incorrect. APC is outdated because PHP now uses it internally. APCu, however, is the new version of APC for external use, and it's very much up to date.
    For certain applications, APCu is significantly faster than memcached or redis.
    I have a shared server and can't use APCu because Plesk (still) doesn't officially support it.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This request has not received many votes. We must decline it. 

However, you will find a guide how to use APCu with Plesk, even though it is not officially supported, here: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003211209 

APCu is a PECL extension. These can be installed using the PECL installer built into Plesk. Tools & Settings > General Settings > PHP Settings > Click on PHP version > button "Manage PECL Packages"

-- PD

11. 13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web / PHP  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As this feature request has not gained much traction over a long time and it is also about a 3rd party product we encourage you to ask the vendor that product to create a Plesk extension and submit it to the Plesk extension catalog.

Plesk has no plans of adding this tool into the core product at this time.

-- PD

13. Confixx Migration: Set a (new) Main Domain

I dont want a MainDomain like web11.myoldserver.com as main Domain.
    So don
    t migrate the default confixx Domain and give us a chance to set the User Domain userdomain.com as main Domain, please.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Migrations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create additional settings for specific domains and subdomain for Web presence builder

I am creating the websites mostly from the templates included in WPB.
    After making changes and additional programming it will still be possible for the user to select another template. In some cases my costumers overwrote the existing template and saved the new one accidentally.

Suggested Solution:

Create Setting in the configuration file to deactivate the template selection as a user. Would be great to have it in the admin panel though.

The templates should still be available as administrator

Setting should be available for specific domains/sub-domains rather than a global setting - not all of my…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add ZeroSSL as an alternative to Let's Encrypt

https://zerossl.com now offers 90 days ssl certificates that work with ACME.

It would be nice to be able to choose it as a ssl certificates provider in Plesk.

Probably not too complicated since it relies on same technologies.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Web / SSL  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There have been some good arguments why users would like to use ZeroSSL as an alternative to Let's Encrypt. It is correct that the vendor also offers a free variant of their SSL certificats. But in the end it is a commercial vendor who strives to sell paid certificates while the existing SSLIt solution provides the option to only offer free certificates to users.

A vendor like ZeroSSL has the option to develop an extension for Plesk on its own and submit it to the Plesk extension catalog so that users of that vendor can use their services through Plesk. The API documentation for that is free to access for the vendor. Plesk cannot develop software on behalf of a commercial vendor to sell their products, this is the task of the vendor.

For that reason we ask you to suggest to ZeroSSL that they develop their own extension to…

16. Continue ColdFusion support

You have discontinues ColdFusion support as from Plesk version 12.5
    http://kb.odin.com/en/124483

But I'm 100% sure that it would be great to go back to its support because CF is not abandoned technology and still popular.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

At the beginning of 2023 ColdFusion's market share is <0.8% among frameworks. The low market share and the very low number of votes on this feature request is an indication that this may not be the future of web design and software development. Instead, Plesk focuses on supporting widely used frameworks and rising technologies. For that reason we must decline this request.

-- PD

17. Add in Plesk the possibility to work with a separate server for Email, like it´s possible for Mysql.

Today, the webserver must be together with Mailserver, for separated mail server I need to use Plesk Automation, but this increase the complexity and force me to use Centos 5.

I´d like to create 3 separeted plesk servers, one exclusively for email, another to Web and another for MYSQL.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Plesk (general)  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add option to Resellers can to restore data from Administrator's full backup on FTP

In Plesk reseller can restore data from a full backup created by Plesk administrator. Currently, the backup created to FTP storage can be restored only by its creator.

Add option to Resellers to restore data from the Administrator's full backup stored on FTP.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do understand that it seems desirable to being able to restore data from an admin-created backup. However, such a feature will bring about many high risks to availability, overload situations and data security including data privacy. When you enable customers to restore data from an admin-backup, it can very easily happen that several concurrent restore processes bring a server down as they all create intensive I/O load and high CPU load for data unzipping. Plus, on servers with a lot of data, the backup archives are very large and occupy a huge amount of temporary disk space upon unpacking. These also require many hours of restoration time, so queueing cannot be a suitable option either. And finally, when an admin backup is stored externally, this feature will also clog-up network bandwidth and there will be nothing an admin can do about it to ensure proper performance for all customers.

19. Secure myLittleAdmin connections

I just installed myLittleAdmin into several of our Plesk servers only to find out that each customer on the server would need to create a new DNS record for mssql.domain.com for it to work. I also found that if the client's site is not secured with an SSL cert, myLittleAdmin won't be secured either. I suggest that myLittleAdmin be updated so that it uses the base URL of the server, which is SSL secured. Or at the very least, identify how to secure access to myLittleAdmin via the server's SSL cert even if the customer's site isn't secured.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Databases  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the nearest future, we plan to stop shipping MyLittleAdmin with Plesk. This is because MyLittleAdmin is not in active development, and has  known security issues. Instead, Plesk will provide links to downloadable  clients and instructions on how to connect the client to the Plesk  server. This change is currently scheduled to take place with the release of Plesk Obsidian 18.0.53 (early June 2023).

-- PD

20. proposes or modifies the recommended configuration of the server along with installing applications (Magento Presta,Wordpress)

proposes or modifies the recommended configuration (timeout, memory, php) of the server along with auto-installing applications

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature request was valid back then, but over the course of 7 years it only received a handful of votes. Further, in today's webhosting environments most web hosts and hosting plans provide suitable settings for the majority of applications by default. As an implementation of this feature would need a significant investment while the benefit for users would be minimal or non-existent we must decline this request.

-- PD

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base