I suggest you ...

Wildfly support

Implement http://www.wildfly.org/ instead of deprecated Tomcat

Created according to the comment from this article https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000322173?page=1#comment_360000633734

44 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ivan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James Davy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for giving back tomcat. Add additional java containers if you must, but they must be in addition to TOMCAT.

• LeonG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to know why something like tomcat that is used MAJORLY by your and other clients can be unsupported so easily without an already running alternative?

Is this the business in the future? Remove features without asking but let people vote maybe for years for an alternative?

I'm sorry, but this is beyond my understanding...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please keep java {tomcat} support in onyx as its really useful and most of our clients are using tomcat. It will definitely help us as well as you too in future.

please keep java {tomcat} support in onyx as its really useful and most of our clients are using tomcat. It will definitely help us as well as you too in future.

Java is the most used language (TIOBE Index). I know, the most use huh in web, but web is going more and more important and applications are running less only on local computers.

I see the importance of combining native and web applications, and languages like Java are the best way to realize this software, my personal opinion.

Because of that I would recommend to add future support.

Please add support for tomcat and/or any other java App Server back !

I changed my host provider as soon it announce it would move to latest Plesk version and support for Java application would have been discontinued

• Azhar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in india its cheapest way start for small buisness, so that they can achieve their mission of future.
        this action gives java less value .

My case:
        My Web hosting provider is going to update to Plesk Onyx. It recently sent an Email saying that they have to stop supporting Java application because of that .

Result; 'm looking for another provider
        When they will realize they are loosing clients, they hopefully look for alternatives that is tools which (unlike latest Plesk) will still support Tomcat / Java Applications

get java support back on tomcat around 10000 hosting service provider are losing clients in india

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base