Skip to content

Feature Suggestions

Please provide here your suggestion for new functionality for Plesk. We encourage you to review and vote for suggestions of others. The top-ranked suggestions are likely to be included in the next versions of Plesk.

Please write in English so that voters from all over the world can read and support your request.

For technical assistance, contact Plesk support
For questions, bug reports, discussions and free assistance, check our Forum and Facebook page
For additional information, see Documentation, Knowledge Base and Blog
Follow us on Twitter for more news on Plesk development

Off-topic posts will be removed from here

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1471 results found

1. .Net Toolkit: Automatically Restart Application after having published new Version

.Net Toolkit: Automatically Restart Application after having published new app version.

When setting up a .Net App using your .Net Toolkit (which works great), it would be amazing if the app could be restarted automatically after having pushed a new version to the git publish repository.

Currently, one has to disable and then enable the application manually. Restart by the way has no effect - at least not what I have seen so far.

This change would be amazing. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Show timestamp on plesk notifications & timeout for disappearance

Plesk should include timestamps on each notification that pops up.
    We as plesk administrator should have an option to enable pop up timeout to appear in the ui and set it by seconds/hours.

For example, if you add a domain and a pop up of failed SSL installation appears will make customers wonder if there's a problem and contact support.

If you installed a new wordpress instance, the pop up shows that wordpress was installed, but when?

If there was a problem running any task, a pop up will appear and stay there no matter what, even if it was…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make the navigation tree adjustable in width.

I use nested folders on my site. The navigation tree does not have sufficient width to show them without constantly moving the bottom slider. Either the ability to drag the vertical scroll or a 'setting' would be extremely useful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create the option "Maximum number of incremental backups to store" on Plesk

Currently, it is possible to limit the "Maximum number of full backups to store" which is valid for Full backups only, it would be good to have a similar option to limit the "Maximum number of incremental backups to store".

It may be useful in cases when it's required to store the incremental backups e.g. last month and have full backups from the previous months also.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Editable Admin interface colours

Add the simple ability to change the colour of the background of the left column in the Plesk admin interface. I have two identical plesk accounts. One for testing, one for live. If the admin nav columns were two distinctly different colours, I wouldn't need to keep looking at the URL.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Show password protected directories in the overview of websites

Show password protected directories in the overview of websites. A key symbol would be very cool to show websites, which are protected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow setting MAILFROM field in crons from Plesk Interface

When a customer adds a cronjob within the Plesk interface through "Scheduled tasks", they can set the recipient (MAILTO field) of the cron with the "Send notifications to" field, but there is no option to set the sender (MAILFROM field). By default, the sender for crondaemon is user@server.tld, which in our case causes SPF errors with the receiving mail server of the recipient.

We do not give our clients CLI access, so they cannot manually set it with the crontab -e command, nor should they (the whole point of the Plesk Interface is for GUI-style ease of use). Could…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your idea and your additional explanation. As the use case is probably an edge case, we'll need to see whether many other users believe that this is an important feature that they need.

If you believe it is an important feature, please continue voting for this feature request.

-- PD

8. Stop postfix from delivering mail locally when MX record points externally to avoid mailbox hijack e.g. @gmail.com addresses.

Prevent mail interception / hijack where any customer can create domains when not prohibited explicitly and intercept for example a john.doe@gmail.com mailbox because SMTP will deliver this locally if the mailbox exists.

Almost every domain on the internet does have its own MX record and many of them are operate their own email server (not only Gmail). Why not address this potential security issue by checking MX records not only if the domain exists locally.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your idea! We will consider this functionality in upcoming releases if it will be popular.

Everyone, please continue voting for this feature if you consider it important.

For the time being, please consider using Tools & Settings > Security > Prohibited Domain Names to prevent users from creating well-known domain names in their accounts.

- PD

9. plesk advisor score functionality needs enhancement

The Plesk advisor complains about not having installed the Plesk firewall, but it doesn't check iptables rules. I have setup my own iptables rules deriven and enhanced from the Plesk firewall. My setup also supports ipset rules which Plesk doesn't.
    Thus, the advisor score mechanism should check if iptables rules are present and setup sophisticatedly.
    Please refer to: https://talk.plesk.com/threads/plesk-firewall-2-1-5-412-still-has-problems.371747/page-2

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Settings for Laravel Toolkit (Laravel root directory)

Hi, we really appreciate the use of Laravel Toolkit but if unfortunately you make a mistake in making the first implementation in the wrong root directory you then have no way to change it.

Please give us the opportunity to change some settings.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Extensions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add the ability to require 2FA for accounts.

Many sites and online providers today require the use of 2FA to secure accounts. It would be great if Plesk could require the same thing (at least for administrative accounts). I think this could really help increase the security posture of the software.

As it stands now, Google Auth is optional, and a user has the ability to enable/disable it at will, which isn't ideal.

According to this thread, there are currently areas where 2FA wouldn't currently be possible, but all of these issues have already been solved by other companies. I have no doubt that Plesk could do it…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add a yearly payment cycle (instead of only monthy) to platform360.io Monitoring

Please add a yearly payment cycle (instead of only monthy).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. exclude large files from backup

Some customers store large videos for their website,
    some of them just zip an entire website for manual backup or download, and keep it in the server storage.
    some have wordpress backup plugins that will generate >500Mb files with weird extension.
    others just can't understand that a PNG file >50Mb is not good for your website.

for the backup/restore functionality,
    I Suggest adding the ability to exclude large files.
    or even combine large files for specific extension (allow to backup any size of MPG, but exclude ZIP files >20Mb)

currently, it is possible to exclude by extensions, but PNG and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your idea! We will consider this functionality in upcoming releases if it will be popular.

Everyone, please continue voting for this feature if you consider it important. 

A workaround for some cases could be to place large files in separate directories and then to exclude these directories from the backup. Nevertheless we get the idea of this request to filter them from all directories by size.,

-- PD

14. Docker support for Almalinux 9

Add support for hosting Docker images on localhost in Plesk for Almalinux 9.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Docker  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Identify live domains by verifying they're reachable

I have two servers that basically just mirror my domains. When I need to update the operating system on one of them, I migrate to the other and repoint the IP addresses. Fairly simple, DIY manual failover basically. (BTW, it would be great if this was more automated with regular incremental backups to the failover server.)

When I'm on the "inactive" failover server (when the domains are pointed at the other server's IP address), there is no indication that the domains are not reachable by the current server's IP address, which leads to confusion when switching between browser tabs to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Migrations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improve speed of Migration Manager re-sync process

Because there is a re-sync option, the overall speed of the initial data transfer with Plesk Migration Manager (PMM) doesn't matter that much (to us), however when re-syncing the speed of the process is super important because domain web and email services on the source server must be down/offline to prevent data inconsistencies. The re-sync process currently takes roughly 1 hour per 100 subscriptions.

Here's three ways the re-sync process could be improved to minimize web and email service downtime:

# 1. Fetch configuration data ONCE

PMM batches 5 subscriptions at a time, and prior to each batch of 5,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Migrations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Display the number of subscriptions for a Customer

When viewing the list of customers, a few domains are listed.
    But the NUMBER of subscriptions for each customer should be a new column, and a very useful one!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Advisor "Switch to Up-To-Date PHP Versions" add option to choose PHP version

Add an option for users to choose which version of PHP they want to bulk update selected websites.
    Here is the screenshot: https://share.zight.com/6quwYqXv

Also, add for advisor to refresh values in PHP settings using one click (without updating all other values).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Extensions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Modify Wordpress integrity checker for security optimisations

So if I create a new Wordpress installation and then I make certain minor security adjustments that are highly recommended in cybersecurity forums, then I will get errors that it is broken through Plesk. I will then forever more be warned that it is broken in Plesk (not in Wordpress) on account of absence of those files, which (as I say) is a deliberate choice I made).

Ideally this would be modified in the install process (e.g. question: "Would you like to remove the readme and license files after installation?" (then explain why it is important to in a hover…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Change on webmail subdomain log in screen to Plesk's log in screen so the user can manage their account directly

I was considering that to increase the security of the email accounts and so that the user has direct administration over them, if it were possible that instead of the subdomain "webmail.whatevedomain.com" being directed to a webmail login screen directly, to change it to the plesk's log in screen, since when you enable the option in email accounts of "can be used to log in to plesk", the user enters to a management screen for the email account itself, this is by using the email address as the user and their same password.
    This way, the user could change their…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Panel/Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your idea. Unfortunately, the webmail apps are completely independent mail client apps. They are not programmed by the Plesk team, but by independent vendors. The functions that Plesk can control are mail server based functions and user management based functions, e.g. changing the user name (mailbox name) and password. Webmail apps that do the same to it through specific port based method. They behave like all other mail clients. Bringing both worlds into one will mean that Plesk develops and maintains their own webmail software in competition to existing solutions like SoGo, Roundcube, Horde. This would require significant resources not only for development, but also for continuous maintenance - and all that besides maintaining the integration of the other clients. There are no plans to do that at this time or in the near future.

Nevertheless we can leave this feature idea online for some while so…

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base