Feature Suggestions

Please provide here your suggestion for new functionality for Plesk. We encourage you to review and vote for suggestions of others. The top-ranked suggestions are likely to be included in the next versions of Plesk.

Please write in English so that voters from all over the world can read and support your request.

For technical assistance, contact Plesk support
For questions, bug reports, discussions and free assistance, check our Forum and Facebook page
For additional information, see Documentation, Knowledge Base and Blog
Follow us on Twitter for more news on Plesk development

Off-topic posts will be removed from here

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Be able to add/manage the default gateway of IPv4/IPv6 address(es) through Plesk UI

Be able to add/manage the default gateway of IPv4/IPv6 address(es) through Plesk UI.

It would be nice to have such a feature. This other one was rejected and had 4 votes. https://plesk.uservoice.com/forums/184549-feature-suggestions/suggestions/4138270-a-option-to-enter-a-standart-gateway-for-ipv4-ip

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Plesk (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need an feature where web users can define which folder they are allowed to access/view

At the moment all the web user created under a domain example.com will share the same folder, user1 can see the folder/files of the user2.

/var/www/vhost/example.com/web-users/

I requested a way to each user has his own folder without the possilibity of the user1 see the user2 files/folder

/var/www/vhost/example.com/web-users/user1
    /var/www/vhost/example.com/web-users/user2

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Restrict customers from granting access to panel for mailboxes

Give administrator permission to restrict ability to enable access to panel for newly created mailboxes and existing mailboxes for customer.
    So the checkbox "Access to the Customer Panel" is not going to be visible under customer in Domains > example.com > Email Addresses > Create Email Address or for already created mailbox.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Usability and UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Little Question Marks

it would be nice, if you can put little Question Marks between the important words, so that you don´t have to read the whole book with tips.
    Over these Question Marks you can hover and than there is a short information about several steps.
    Sry for the bad english i am from Germany.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Filter POST and PUT requests, but keep GET available

It is needed to block PUT and POST requests from specific country, but keep GET available. For example, I do not want China to send POST and PUT to my server, but they are free to send GET in order to receive website's content.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Lock DNS records | Disable Reset to default

We have the "dmarc"- record in our template having a placeholder for the value. At the time the Record "dmarc" was edited by adding the value, mostly every DNS record is no more in the state of the DNS template.

Therefore it is important to have some policies:
    - The button "Reset to default" can be disabled on Admin and Reseller level.
    - The button "Master/*****" can be disabled. Usually this functionality is not needed.
    - For certain very important DNS setting, a "Lock" button might make sense. If applied, this record can not be edited anymore by…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DNS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow to exclude patterns from full backups granualy for costumers and resellers

Allow excluding patterns from full backups with more control.
    For example, exclude pattern A only from Reseller Accounts and pattern B only from Costumers, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Backup / Restore  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Custom Buttons per customer

Customers may add their own Buttons for several reasons, eg. Link to the CMS Administration.

Therefore i suggest the possibility to create custom buttons on a per customer base.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

open discussion  ·  1 comment  ·  Usability and UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add warning message if Postgres installed on the Web Admin License but without Developer pack extension

The Postgres installed on the Plesk Web Admin edition but not persists in Tools & Settings > Database servers.

To manage PostgreSQL Developer pack extension required. But it does not produce any warnings about that which is confusing.

Also, there is no information about Developer pack in license management. I would suggest to add new tab "paid extension" in Tools & Settings > Licensing management

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Business Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Web deployment instructions, password

It's not clear which password to use in web deploy (visual studio 2017) to IIS. As I understand I should use FTP account password. But which one? Which root folder should be at FTP user?
    Please create a separate page for web deploy with instructions and settings export.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Option to not allow email forwarding to external domains

As SPF/DMARC implantation grows, users who forward emails to gmail/hotmail etc are causing server IPs to become blacklisted and also emails are bouncing. The forwarding server is not an authority to send for the original sender, and also forwarding spam is reducing the reputation of the server IP.
    Users should use IMAP/POP collection , not forwarding, so we should be able to disable external forwarding. The box for forwarding should only accept email address within the local subscription domains. Easy to validate.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Include feature in REST-API to allow listing backups

It is required to make possible to list backups via REST API.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

open discussion  ·  0 comments  ·  Backup / Restore  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Obtain IP address of a domain via DomainResponse REST API request.

DomainResponse request return only id, created, name, asciiname, guid, hostingtype. I suggest to include into this list IP address of a domain.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Run Plesk on Amazon Serverless

Please, introduce support for Amazon Serverless, so it would be possible to run Plesk as an application inside it-

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you, quite an interesting request. There is no ETA at the moment, but we would really appreciate you voting for this request so that we can accurately assess its popularity relative to other features.

Also, as this feature is quite complex, don’t hesitate to provide your cases/scenarios and thoughts on it.

Thanks in advance!

— rk

15. Ability for additional settings for Plesk DNS

Plesk overrides additional settings in /etc/named.conf on server-wide level and on zone level.
    So, it would be great to have the ability to configure additional settings via GUI to be applied correctly,

The general use case that there is no need to constantly sync zones between master and slaves. The constant sync requests increase the load on the server like DDOS.

We tried to workaround the issue using notify directive, however, it is being overwritten if modify some dns setting from Plesk.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DNS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Deny access to all dot files by default

A lot of web applications that are either built or simply installed on a website use dot files and folders, whether those be .htaccess, .git, .env, etc.

Generally speaking dot files and folders are used to store either sensitive files or backend configuration which you would never want users to be able to access.

By default Apache has some protection built-in to restrict accessing dot files, but Nginx does not. This creates a potential security risk, for example I might install a web application or build one which has dot files in the public root, these most likely would be…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Passenger to log output separately per domain basis

Currently all passenger NodeJS process output their logs to /var/log/apache2/error.log.

Would be good to be able to log output separately per domain basis, so every domain has it own log inside the folder.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 404 statistics

Hello,

Please add functionality to see all files caused 404 error in accessing domain.

It is possible to see domain statistics in Domains > example.com > Logs, but there is no global 404 error information.

Web Statistics doesn't show files location.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Usability and UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow subscriptions to have its shell set to chrooted while also having its cron jobs use a shell other than chrooted

Allow subscriptions to have its shell set to chrooted while also having its cron jobs use a shell other than chrooted.

When customer has the ability to set a custom shell for the subscription (https://docs.plesk.com/en-US/onyx/administrator-guide/server-administration/scheduling-tasks/scheduled-tasks-shell-setting.78064/#o78102) and this shell is set to CHROOT (Subscriptions > example.com > Web Hosting Access) the corresponding Schedule Tasks in the subscription cannot be run under another shell, for example /bin/bash.
    For example the following command will not change the shell for that customer: plesk bin server_pref -u -crontab-secure-shell "/bin/false".
    Checking upon the user will show that the shell is still CHROOT:

finger johndoe

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Plesk (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Inform about Plesk updates via mail (like about system updates)

It's already possible to get an email when system updates are available. But it would be even better if I got an email when updates for Plesk are available. I do not have automatic updates enabled, neither for the system nor for Plesk, because that's too risky in my opinion. I would install the updates manually when I would get an email. Of course I do this already, but I try from time to time whether there is an update available.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Plesk (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Information about new updates you can always get on Plesk ChangeLog page https://docs.plesk.com/release-notes/onyx/change-log/ Just visit this page from time to time and then you can make decision about necessity to install available Plesk update.

But anyway, thank you for your input! We will consider this functionality in upcoming releases if it will be popular.

Everyone, please continue voting for this feature if you consider it important.

IG

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base