Feature Suggestions

Please provide here your suggestion for new functionality for Plesk. We encourage you to review and vote for suggestions of others. The top-ranked suggestions are likely to be included in the next versions of Plesk.

Please write in English so that voters from all over the world can read and support your request.

For technical assistance, contact Plesk support
For questions, bug reports, discussions and free assistance, check our Forum and Facebook page
For additional information, see Documentation, Knowledge Base and Blog
Follow us on Twitter for more news on Plesk development

Off-topic posts will be removed from here

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Filter own IP in logfiles.

While watching the logfiles I had the problem, that I dont want to see my own visits, just the visits from other IPs. A filter witch IP shouldnt be shown would be very good.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Plesk (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Language selection via API

Please implement an API request for changing the Plesk default interface language.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

open discussion  ·  0 comments  ·  Usability and UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Changes in Log Rotation settings are written in the Action Log

Changes performed on Log Rotation settings are not logged in Tools & Settings > Action Log.

It should be seen by whom and when the Log Rotation settings on the domain were changed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FTP  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. WordPress Toolkit site preview disabled.

WordPress Toolkit as the preview of the web-site uses the same sized images 1024x728 at any view settings such as list, titles and cards, also there is no cache for images. It might cause the performance issues such as slow load of a web-page.

Option to disable web-site preview, or smaller images for some regime such as list at which site-preview presented as thumbnail image around 130x100px would resolve this issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  WordPress Toolkit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Command line utility to unset certificate of webmail

Command line utility to unset certificate of webmail - possibly, an option for "plesk bin domain_pref" command.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Restore Backup to alternative domain

WHen restoring a Backup it would be beneficial if you could restore it to a different domain so as not to overwrite the existing domain.

This is particularly useful as it allows you to access database / files to see what has changed since the backup was created to help identify issues/errors, but doesn't destroy the curent domain in the process.

(our existing workaround at the moment is to manually backup the database and files - restore the backup - back this up manually and then recreate it in a new subdomain, then restore the first manual backup into the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Backup / Restore  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Remove 'Secure with an SSL/TLS Certificate' from 'Add a Subdomain'

When adding a subdomain, it takes (at least at my webhoster) 15 min before the changes take effect. If one checked 'Secure the domain with Let's Encrypt' on the page 'Add a Subdomain', an error is thrown because the newly created subdomain is not available in time.

Therefore, I suggest taking this 'feature' off the 'Add a Subdomain' page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web / SSL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The time required for subdomain to become available depends on a many factors. In your particular case it takes a long time, in lot of other cases it works fast. Hoster can configure the server to wait longer, so, the feature can works even in your case.

That’s why we have no plans to remove this.

But anyway, everyone, please continue voting for this feature if you consider it important. If we’ll see a lot of votes for this request, we’ll reconsider it.

9. editable global mime types for apache (default for all virtual hosts)

By default, apache will return wrong mime types for some file extensions (for examples font files).

We can add additional mime types per website, however we can't edit them globally for all websites via plesk.

We can achieve this by editing /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/mime-types.conf manually from cli, however plesk could provide a more comfortable way to do it.

Please add option to edit global mime types that will be used by all virtual hosts by default and overridden if website has its own instructions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web / HTTP functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Display wordpress installation path in wordpress toolkit

I have "duplicate" websites in wordpress toolkit list, because of a manual backup I did during a hacking attempt.
    So, same url, same name, but different path. One is live, the other not.

I realize that there is no easy way to see the installation path of a wordpress toolkit element !
    ( best way : count the website rank in the list of wordress list, : click on File Manager, see the path, browser-back, count again in the list by praying you're counting right with your finger on the screen, click on it , rename it, triple check, deleting…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  WordPress Toolkit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option to not select alias domains in Let's Encrypt by default

By default, the Let's Encrypt extension pre-selects all alias domains of a domain to be included in the Let's Encrypt certificate. This can lead to some unwanted results, for example when one of the alias domains is removed from the DNS at a later stage (because it was only used for testing) which would result in Let's Encrypt being unable to renew the certificate.

It would be nice if there was an option that allows us to configure that alias domains should _not_ be selected by default in the Let's Encrypt extension.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web / SSL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Service Plans: add possibility to select several backup options.

In Service Plans, under "Additional Services", add the possibility to select several backup options, such as:

- Acronis Backup in case that Extension is active, just like for WP Toolkit and Let's Encrypt. If not selected, the service would not be accessible to the Customers having a Subscription with that Service Plan, while the content of these Subscriptions would still be backed up by Acronis.
    - The options to backup to clouds, such as Google Drive, OneDrive, Amazon S3 in Plesk 17.8.

This would help to better differentiate between different Service Plans on the same Plesk server.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Backup / Restore  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. have a tool to see the data transfer for each email account per month

It is important to know what transfer rate each email account has per month to detect abuses in the use of the email and avoid exceeding the established limit

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 410 Gone Error Document

Plesk Onyx includes quite a few custom error documents by default, but one that is missing and would be very handy would be a 410 Gone. I've added my own, but it would be an easy update to add to the next release and less work each time I create a new domain.

ErrorDocument 410 /error_docs/gone.html

What do you say? :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. is it possible to assign 2 databases in the same website ?

Want to assign 2 databases to the same website
    But Plesk does not allow it.
    Only 1 database can be assigned in one website

is there any solution for that ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Databases  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The ability to rollback minor versions of PHP

It would be really useful to be able to rollback PHP by minor versions from the Plesk console.

I am currently having to run my website on PHP 5.6, because the auto-update from PHP 7.1.11 to 7.1.12 caused a problem with a specific plugin (NextGen Gallery) that caused 500 Errors on any page with a NextGen gallery embedded.

While I wait for the issue to be fixed, I tried using PHP 7.0.26, but that is affected by the same issue due to the update from 7.0.25. The result is that I am now forced to use PHP 5.6 because it's…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web / PHP  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Open FTP by Closed Domain with to many Data

I have today with a Backup override my Webspace. I need it vor my Work and every Day wher the Domain is offline i lost Money.

When a User get over the Webspace Limit it will be nice to let the FTP open. So the User can fix the Problem by his own.

At Time i have the Problem that my Hoster is not aviable by Phone. My Phone is ring unlimetid by Partners what happen.

I can only wait if the Support get my eMail.

When i have a activ FTP i can fix it in seconds by my…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FTP  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to change the log file location

Give the ability to the administrator to change the default location of the Log files folder location (default location for Windows : %plesk_dir%admin\logs\)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Temporarily show an inputted password in web-form to check caps-lock and language

It would be great if Plesk allowed the option of being able to see the password. Many sites offer this capability now to ensure the administrator has not typed in the wrong password when logging in

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. More support regarding free text mail forward in Onyx

E-Mail lists were removed in favor of free text e-mail lists and multiple address forwards between Plesk 9 and 14.
    What is missing now, however, is some textual support for adding local mail addresses to a list, which should allow auto completion or list selection for those addresses hosted with the same installation, customer or domain.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base