I suggest you ...

Add ClamAV as module in Plesk to protect better the server. Thank you Parallels Team.

Is easy to use.

453 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

GermanGerman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    open discussion  ·  Plesk StaffAdminPlesk Staff (Admin, Plesk) responded  · 

Plesk currently offers two high-quality anti-viruses and other related services like WAF. Integrating another anti-virus solution is an expensive undertaking, so we’d like you to let us know which ClamAV features are missing in anti-viruses and services already available in Plesk. This will help us properly evaluate and prioritize this request.

—AK

72 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We run Moodle installations and need ClamAV for Moodle's virus checking with every file upload.

• WizWiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1

We require ClamAV as we have paid subscriptions to premium clamav virus signatures which we would like to use.

• HiteshHitesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How to Install & Configure ClamAV as a Module in Plesk on CentOS 7.2 + Plesk Onyx
        to Scan incoming & Outgoing Email and FTP files which are been uploaded on server.
        Server Scanning for file system.

• Danilo SchwabeDanilo Schwabe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ClamAV is normally the "default" choice. Other tools (subscription based or bought) should be optional as this is in other tools.
        That's why I vote to add ClamAV as default into Plesk, as well make it default in the installer.

Thanks!
        :)

• Sander ScheerSander Scheer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ClamAV is an open-source alternative, the two solutions that are offered now are subscription based and not everyone wants to spend money on this. Please make it available for free, just like the Let's Encrypt plugin.

• Juergen TrappJuergen Trapp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It´s a Mail Content Scanner like amavisd, but with more secure options like extensions update, in spamassassin and clamav.

• David GarciaDavid Garcia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IMHO Parallels should not force me/us to use a paid antivirus solution if I choose to install Plesk panel on Linux servers (that most of them are free Operating Systems). Given Linux OS are providing ClamAV for free as part of software packages/repositories I think you should provide the ClamAV as part of your suite.

Some reasons:
        1. ClamAV can scan all EMail messages, that is a security requirement for any Mail Server.
        2. Also, ClamAV can be configured to check FTP uploads during the process.
        3. There is a PHP Extension that allow PHP Developers to scan files using just a simple PHP function, and that is a +1 when we work with uploaders.
        4. ClamAV can be executed as System Daemon.
        5. Plesk can provide an easy way to analyse the VHost folder as a scheduled task and send reports via email.

The other 2 solutions are expensive for small business that have chosen to use Plesk.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base