I suggest you ...

Add ClamAV as module in Plesk to protect better the server. Thank you Parallels Team.

Is easy to use.

645 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

German shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    open discussion  ·  AdminPlesk Staff (Admin, Plesk International GmbH) responded  · 

Plesk currently offers two high-quality anti-viruses and other related services like WAF. Integrating another anti-virus solution is an expensive undertaking, so we’d like you to let us know which ClamAV features are missing in anti-viruses and services already available in Plesk. This will help us properly evaluate and prioritize this request.

—AK

120 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dmitriy Sumin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Plesk currently offers two pieces of spying software - drweb and kaspersky, so please implement something more adequte, for example - clamav ;)

• Thorsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since Plesk was taken over by a financial investor user requirements and user needs, even open standards are obsolete.

New target is the reselling of proprietary overpriced third-party ****. Looks like a squeez out process until all price rises and user disregardment pays back and Plesk is a name from the past.

• Rick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Open Source SW like ClamAV should be prioritized than paid solutions.

• Brujo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

one of the first things I always do on a new Server, is to integrate CLAMAV to Postfix, so I provide antivirus protection to all mailboxes and for all Users for free. In my opinion this must be out of the BOX for Plesk for Basic securit of Mailboxes...

• Kevin Colburn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on plesk staff, be honest. It's a simple undertaking but it would lower your sales on the paid antivirus solutions. Was that hard to say?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLESK must be getting a percent from these expensive antivirus solutions they suggest.
        There is no other explanation to avoiding ClamAV. I am used to using plesk, but when I see that other control panels offer ClamAV integration for free, I am disheartened..

• rdk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

>> Warden Anti-spam and Virus Protection
        This is totally fine to provide some additional functionality of open-source solutions for some fee, but this is not what we need or discuss here.

Open-source spam filtering and virus protection should be provided/supported out-of-the-box by plesk.

• rdk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

>> Plesk currently offers two high-quality anti-viruses and other related services like WAF

Plesk currently offers 3 PAID antiviruses with no open-source alternative. There is something wrong with Plesk.

ClamAV must have been added years ago, before you add any paid antiviruses.

• ChrisH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can we get the falsely blocked emails from the Dr.Web infected directory into our Clients mailboxes?!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As for me, adding a clamav milter wasn't complicated - just install clamp-milter for systemd, configure it and add its socket to /etc/postfix/main.cf - and it works!
        It would be great if Plesk would do these steps for you :)

• Dmitriy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, let`s talk about Ukraine customers. Kaspersky and Dr.Web is under sanctions in here, so what alternatives to them Plesk team can provide? ;)
        Or maybe we need alternative to Plesk itself? CPanel for example? ;)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base