I suggest you ...

Add ClamAV as module in Plesk to protect better the server. Thank you Parallels Team.

Is easy to use.

676 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

German shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Plesk currently offers two high-quality anti-viruses and other related services like WAF. Integrating another anti-virus solution is an expensive undertaking, so we’d like you to let us know which ClamAV features are missing in anti-viruses and services already available in Plesk. This will help us properly evaluate and prioritize this request.

—AK

130 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many votes for this important request. please prio it more higher for the next release.thx

• Saki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am user of Linux postfix server with Mailscanner to integrate ClamAV and SpamAssassin. Now I wanted to use Plesk. But here no clamAV solution. I need to go for Dr.web with $. I need open souce clamAV otherwise I have to take alternate decision.

• Saki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am user of Linux postfix server with Mailscanner to integrate ClamAV and SpamAssassin. Now I wanted to use Plesk. But here no clamAV solution. I need to go for Dr.web with $. I need open souce clamAV otherwise I have take alternate decision.

• Jmorthland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Which is kinda sad since there is so much you can do with ClamAV and being open source who know maybe one person will find a way to integrate it since they dont want to help their customers.

• Dimitris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news on this? It's been almost two years since the last update and the feature is still on top ten after 6 years.
    If I have to pay 450 euros per year to secure a mail server, I would rather give it for something like iredmail pro that comes with many many more features.

• Gabriel T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additionally you can load custom signatures in clamav and locate some very interesting malware other premium solutions ignore

• PB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is ClamAV still not available for Plesk?

At the moment I am using Dr.Web antivirus, which is below any acceptable level. If licence is not renewed on time (human-error by Hosting Provider) you can not see Dr.Web doesn't check any emails, there are no error messages beside manually looking in /var/log/mail.log etc.

I am not happy with paid AV solutions provided by Plesk, I want to use ClamAV, so please just do simple job and integrate it.

there is also Comodo Antivirus for Linux (Free Linux and Mail Gateway Antivirus)

https://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/antivirus-for-linux.php

so options are there, Plesk solutions are missing

• David Roussel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without the FOSS/OSS community Plesk wouldn't function. You'd be stuck supporting Windows Servers & IIS.

• David Roussel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Admin - you state that trying to intergrate ClamAV is sooo hard. In fact if I wasn't running Plesk and using iReadMail its set as default OOTB (out of the box).

So please - don't spread FUD.

• Dmitriy Sumin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Plesk currently offers two pieces of spying software - drweb and kaspersky, so please implement something more adequte, for example - clamav ;)

• Thorsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since Plesk was taken over by a financial investor user requirements and user needs, even open standards are obsolete.

New target is the reselling of proprietary overpriced third-party ****. Looks like a squeez out process until all price rises and user disregardment pays back and Plesk is a name from the past.

• Rick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Open Source SW like ClamAV should be prioritized than paid solutions.

• Brujo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

one of the first things I always do on a new Server, is to integrate CLAMAV to Postfix, so I provide antivirus protection to all mailboxes and for all Users for free. In my opinion this must be out of the BOX for Plesk for Basic securit of Mailboxes...

• Kevin Colburn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on plesk staff, be honest. It's a simple undertaking but it would lower your sales on the paid antivirus solutions. Was that hard to say?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLESK must be getting a percent from these expensive antivirus solutions they suggest.
    There is no other explanation to avoiding ClamAV. I am used to using plesk, but when I see that other control panels offer ClamAV integration for free, I am disheartened..

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base