It'd be awesome if we can get support for powerdns support instead of bind9.
Everyone, please continue voting for this feature if you consider it important.
Integration extension with PowerDNS, he already has by default features like:
- Authoritative ('hosting') DNS
- Resolving ('caching') DNS
- Debugging tools
- In recent versions: an API REST to provision zones and records https://doc.powerdns.com/md/httpapi/api_spec/
- highly active development
- Native replication https://doc.powerdns.com/md/authoritative/modes-of-operation/
- Performance and high availability
- Compliance with RFC https://www.powerdns.com/compliance.html
It can be taken advantage of all these features.
[Deleted User] commented
Easy and fast integration into Plesk Onyx should be possible since it's just a MySQL database that needs to be maintained.... Additional DNS servers can easily be added via MySQL replication as well.. DNSSEC support present in powerdns.
One of your larger competitors, cpanel, has also started full integration of powerdns to provide easy DNS clustering for multiple frontend cpanel servers.
Since Plesk Onyx is also going to provide support for a standalone Smartermail cluster I think it might be interesting to provide support for a standalone DNS cluster as well...
Plesk Onyx Multi server should provide;
- WEB server (cluster or not can be discussable)
- DNS cluster
- MAIL cluster
- DB cluster
to be a true multiserver hosting panel and thus have the ability to manage servers with a dedicated purpose....
PowerDNS is becoming standard in most servers. https://dns-consultants.com/advantages-powerdns and http://www.admin-magazine.com/Articles/PowerDNS-The-Other-Open-Source-Name-Server
It is a must have as a hosting provider.
As much as I know plesk keeps SQL settings in MYSQL DB too.
When user changes it settings it first writes to mysql then overrides bind.
Sometimes when we create zones in Plesk it appears in panel but bind doesn't announce.
To avoid those kind of problems PowerDNS might be better solution.