Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

131 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Leigh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally disagree with you @Anonymous. CPanel has had this for a while now and it's got nothing to do with the webmail clients. Plesk needs to start taking this seriously.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To all who want this.. Someone here posted how to make it. Sadly it's not plesk you guys should spam. It's round cube and horde that they haven't implemented it. Plesk only makes administrative stuff more easy. They are a tool to help us administrators and users have a better time

• Leigh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously please get on with this, it's such a crucial feature. You will **** off many people if you don't prioritise this.

Please add this important feature as most end users can't configure their email on their own.

Seems like they are still figuring this out. I have two servers with the latest versions and no mail works unless it's all in webmail lol

We really need this service as this is the #1 issue with customers trying to setup email. We have tons of how-to's, videos, etc but still our phone support primarily handles a majority of how to setup email.

Plesk, cpanel has been doing this for years. Please implement this as soon as possible. We need a simple solution where a client simply has to input their email address and email password and the rest is fully configured for them via their email client (MS Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple iphone/ipad and Android). Users don't need to know port, ssl or not, etc.

It's a problem when you are using non-wildcard SSL because of certificate problems.
    Therefore a changeable autodiscovery solution would be great.

• Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook and autodiscover is not the real problem. It's autodiscover with Apple devices.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I just added a few sites to my Plesk and it seemed to automatically find it during outlook set up. Has anyone tried this recently with outlook 2016?

• Sven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! this feature would save my company hundrets of hours (= $$$) of phone support, that currently are "wasted" on helping end users to setup their email in outlook, iphone or android phones.

This is a useful feature for our clients. Cpanel already has this feature but Plesk still doing nothing.

• analyzer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does any follower here know whether mailaccount settings autoconfig/autodiscover/autodetect was officially/natively supported in Confixx? I use a third party operated shared hosting legacy environment with Confixx - soon to be retired - where Thunderbird-supported autoconfig/autodetect is running. Seems strange that on the successor environment driven by the 'more progressive' Plesk, from the same issuer as Confixx and operated by the same third party, there is no such support (by now). Anybody sleeping... 2.5 yrs?

• Robb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is important to reduce support costs. Please add as soon as possible. Thanks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base