Skip to content

Feature Suggestions

Please provide here your suggestion for new functionality for Plesk. We encourage you to review and vote for suggestions of others. The top-ranked suggestions are likely to be included in the next versions of Plesk.

Please write in English so that voters from all over the world can read and support your request.

For technical assistance, contact Plesk support
For questions, bug reports, discussions and free assistance, check our Forum and Facebook page
For additional information, see Documentation, Knowledge Base and Blog
Follow us on Twitter for more news on Plesk development

Off-topic posts will be removed from here

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

110 results found

1. Wordpress Toolkit - URL switch (main URL <=> preview URL)

Hello,

I would like to suggest something which could be VERY helpfull to customers which are moving their Wordpress instances between servers. Lets say you have domain.com on Server1. Then you are moving it to Server2 with Plesk and Wordpress Toolkit but domain.com is still pointing to Server1. Issue with Wordpress is that if you don't use main URL then all media files (css, images etc) are not being loaded correctly and customer can't be sure if everything will work correctly when he switch DNS settings for domain.com from Server1 to Server2.

My suggestion is that it would be great…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  WP Toolkit  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. WordPress Toolkit - Plugins/Themes view - Show only items which have update available, hide already updated

Going to WordPress toolkit's Plugins view I get a listing of over 3000 plugins. It is quite hard to pick one-by-one the plugins that I choose to upgrade. It would be great to have a "filter" on that page, that I can only show the plugins that have updates available, hiding already updated plugins

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  WP Toolkit  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Implement VersionPress as part of your WordPress Toolkit. It uses WP-Cli and is Open Source.

Implement VersionPress as part of your WordPress Toolkit. It uses WP-Cli and is Open Source.

By contributing to the project and having other devs already working on it, you will be able to amplify the speed of work being done.

Further, this project is the holy grail of WordPress development. People would literally flock to Plesk for this feature alone (not to mention its awesome in other ways).

Please seriously consider contacting the VersionPress Team. This Project basically takes the idea of Git integration, staging, and data syncing to the next level. Database changes are checked in to Git as…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  WP Toolkit  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. WordPress plugins status for multisite instances

Please add possibility to manage plugins of multisite instances from WordPress toolkit.

Currently, the status of WordPress plugins for the main website is always showed as disabled despite the fact that in WordPress nnetwork they are enabled.
    Thus managing them from Plesk directly is impossible.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  WP Toolkit  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Different notification settings for available WordPress updates: Plugin, Theme or WordPress core

Email notifications to customers are sent on every available WordPress update, that's far too much. My clients don't take them for important anymore and don't update at all. I suggest to fine tune available settings in Tools & Settings > Notifications > APS application updates (customer’s digest): Different notification options if the available update is a WordPress Core update, a plugin update or a theme update. So for example the plugin and theme update notification could be turned off for customers, but WordPress core update notifications would be still sent.

Another suggestion would be an option to cutomize the FREQUENZY…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  WP Toolkit  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow Wordpress Scan to search for a custom directory name instead of wp-content

I habitually rename my wp-contents directory for security reasons (as part of iThemes Security). As a result Plesk no longer recognises the Wordpress installations on the server, when scanning so I'm unable to take advantage of Plesk's Wordpress features.

Please could this be modified to allow me to specify a custom name for my wp-contents directory?

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  WP Toolkit  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Improvements for Wordpress Toolkit

Disable the built-in code editor adding define('DISALLOWCODEEDIT', true); in wp-config.php

Anonymize login error message because it actually tells you what is wrong (the username or the password), hooking into loginerrors with addfilter('login_errors, function() { return 'Login error'; });

Apply permission 400 (-rw-------) to wp-config.php

Change login URL avoiding the standard /wp-login.php or /wp-admin/ (pre)installing plugin "Lockdown WP Admin" or applying the same idea.

Block brute force (pre)installing plugin "Limit Login Attempts" or applying the same idea.

Mentioned plugins may be installed by default when Wordpress is installed through the APS, and may be added as an…

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  WP Toolkit  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Wordpress install

Allow reseller/customer to install wordpress (and maybe apps) via XML-API. (without APS / admin permission).

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  WP Toolkit  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Support Wordpress multi-site network in WP toolkit

It's a useful for me, to manage all my sites in one wp instance, using 3rd level domains, like mydomain.com, forum.mydomain.com, shop.mydomain.com, catalog.mydomain.com, etc.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  WP Toolkit  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a migration tool to WP Toolkit from other software installation platforms (Installatron / Softaculous)

We've been using Installatron for ages, but WP Toolkit has become a really powerful tool over the last couple of years. While we can work on integrating our systems with WP Toolkit directly, one major obstacle is moving clients over from one system to the other - including their backups / update settings / etc.

I'd love to find a way to make migrations over to the WP Toolkit seamless!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  WP Toolkit  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?