Feature Suggestions

Please provide here your suggestion for new functionality for Plesk. We encourage you to review and vote for suggestions of others. The top-ranked suggestions are likely to be included in the next versions of Plesk.

Please write in English so that voters from all over the world can read and support your request.

For technical assistance, contact Plesk support
For questions, bug reports, discussions and free assistance, check our Forum and Facebook page
For additional information, see Documentation, Knowledge Base and Blog
Follow us on Twitter for more news on Plesk development

Off-topic posts will be removed from here

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have a status/progress bar when uploading restore files to a new installation.

At the moment I have no idea how far along my upload is, or if the Plesk Control Panel has times out or just stuck.

It would be really helpful to have a progress bar or remaining data outstanding to upload on the screen

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Backup / Restore  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Maybe a Loadscreen when you upload a backup just for that you know how long it needs

A loadscreen for uploading a Backup just that you know how long it will need to Upload

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Backup / Restore  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bacula backup system or similar

Integrate Bacula system or similar backup system, with a clean-easy panel configuration =) , mysql integration and other setups to work fine =) =) =)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. FTP storage setting for backups for multiple subscriptions.

When added the FTP server storage parameter in the settings of the Plesk panel (tools&settings - Backup Manager - FTP Storage Settings) for the backup.
    Automatically distribute this FTP repository to all subscriptions as a place for backup by default.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Set day for full backup on incremental backup.

Requesting the ability to set a day of a week, or day of the month that the full backup will be ran if using incremental backup.

reason for request:
    for our setup, we have 15 plesk servers running all of one SAN. we find that on the day of the week the full backup is running, the IO / load on the SAN is much higher. it would be nice to be able to space out those servers by selecting days the full backups are preformed.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Duplicati 2.0

https://www.duplicati.com/download

it can blow AES backups to amazon cloud..

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Restore a single domain or mail account (transfer domain)

Restore a single domain or mail account to the same or a other subscription (transfer domain)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Backup-Manager: Show planned backups schedule

Short info in website specific backup manager, if there are scheduled backups planned, and if so then show the schedule. Additional a overview table in server wide backup manager with all schedule backups of each website, e.g.:
    domain | daily/weekly/monthly | weekday/date | time | next schedule date | option to edit

At the moment you can set scheduled backups and just get a short message, that is is planned, but you can't find the info anywhere anymore. So if I don't remember, I maybe set another scheduled backup and I've no idea, if the first one is reset by…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Plesk Backup Manager - Local Storage used before transfer to FTP Server

I would like to suggest that it would be great if it's possible to split backups into multiple parts during the backup process.

I know the option -s or --split but actually, it's just split the backup in the location into multiple parts but during the backup process the local storage is still in use. If you got a Server with 200GB space and 150 GB are used I can't Backup the server because the command "Plesk bin pleskbackup server --output-file=ftp://user:pass@destination/backup_file" would create one file with round 120 GB in local storage.

I would suggest an option that allows us…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. add possibility to Backup mysql databases with --skip-lock-tables option.

add the possibility to Backup mysql databases with --skip-lock-tables option.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

open discussion  ·  5 comments  ·  Backup / Restore  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Restrict user from deleting backups created by administrator

Restrict user from deleting backups created by the administrator, while allowing to create a delete and own backups.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Backup / Restore  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. restore particular email from mail account

Hello,

We need function to restore a particular/specify email instead of restoring the whole emails from the mailbox.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Backup to FTP Step-By-Step to save local disk space

This helpdesk article has only negative reviews, which might imply that other users struggle with the same issue:
    https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213391809-Backup-fails-with-error-Not-enough-free-disk-space-to-backup-selected-objects

Right now backing up to FTP means you need to have almost 50% disk space free. That means you can never use more than half the server storage you're paying for, otherwise you'll be unable to make a backup. Especially on AWS disk space is very expensive.

The issue exists because Plesk seems to utilize just plain zip commands with file split. Why not offer an additional backup method, where e.g. all Domains are backuped step-by-step / one-by-one to FTP?
    E.g. …

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Email Backup - just configuration NOT content

An option to backup the email configuration of the server but NOT the content as well.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Include roundcube settings in backup

it would be great when the content of roundcubemail, like contacts and identities can be included in the backup. It would make life easier in case of restoring a customer who uses only the webmail feature for mail.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Backup Device size in Backup Manager Window

Add Backup Location Available Disk Space indicator somewhere in the windows of Backup Manager (/admin/backup/list/)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. don't write in the backup repository during plesk updates

I mounted a remote server via sshfs and set it as the plesk backup repository, so I can backup my domains through sftp (with a keyfile).

But now, whenever I try to upgrade my plesk installation, plesk writes files to my backup repository (i.e. mysql backup before a mysql upgrade) and immediately tries to change the owner of the file, which fails because chown it is not supported on mounted directories.

The best solution would be to provide the option to set a different path for automated backups.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Enable additional Schedule Backup with or without Full Backup

Enable additional Schedule Backup and provide an option to disable the obligation to make a Full Backup (letting user the option to create additional Incremental Backups, without messing things like repeated Full Backups). This already happends if the Admin and Client both setup Backups, it create multiple Full Backups which is not necessary since Admin Backups are create in behalf user.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

open discussion  ·  1 comment  ·  Backup / Restore  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix bugs in Backup Manager

- when backups fail with the message "file changed as we read it", there should be a hint to lock domain during backup
    - deleting a backup from ftp says it is successful but stays there (Management Interface and FTP)
    - when deleting a backup from an incremental chain, there should be a warning that all following backups will be removed as well (since data would be inconsistent otherwise). Or maybe use a different color or section in the deletion dialog displaying all backups going to be deleted

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. re-upload incremental backup if FTP upload fails

Hello there,

as you integrated incremental backups and not differentials, could you make it possible if the upload to the ftp fails, that with the next scheduled backup it tries a reupload of the failed uploaded incremental part.

An incremental backup is useless if you miss one backup, either you should add differentials or a automated re-upload.

A manual download of the incremental backup is neither comfortable nor useful, i want a fully automated backup process.

Best regards,
    Thomas

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base