Feature Suggestions

Please provide here your suggestion for new functionality for Plesk. We encourage you to review and vote for suggestions of others. The top-ranked suggestions are likely to be included in the next versions of Plesk.

Please write in English so that voters from all over the world can read and support your request.

For technical assistance, contact Plesk support
For questions, bug reports, discussions and free assistance, check our Forum and Facebook page
For additional information, see Documentation, Knowledge Base and Blog
Follow us on Twitter for more news on Plesk development

Off-topic posts will be removed from here

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. to add an ability to hide warning about "The DNS zone was modified"

Please add an ability to hide the following warning in case the changes were applied to a particular domain intentionally:

Warning: The DNS zone was modified. If you would like to apply changes in the DNS template to this zone, either click the 'Apply DNS Template Changes' button on this page or go to the Server Administration Panel > Tools & Settings > DNS Template Settings > Apply DNS Template Changes and choose the 'Apply the changes to all zones' option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Plesk (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Possibility to restrict Users when they login to access only emailadresses with their domainname

In my environment (account) I have several domains. I want to restrict signed in users to only have access to the emailadresses of their domain. Now, after login, they see and have access to all emailadresses of all domains in the account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Awstate update to supports Geoip registration

As AWstat is still core part of Plesk, will it be good to have a solution out-of-the-box that is able to geolocalize the hits isn't it ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web / PHP  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add comment to a service plan

It would be nice to have possibility to add comment/note to a service plan.
    Since plans have to be created for every reseller, it would be nice to have something that could signal that it is the same plan on another reseller.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Usability and UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make Start page infos customizable

I use magic spam pro as plugin and it shows underneath the system information on the start page. That means if I want to start the plugin, I have to scroll down because the system info takes quite a bit of space. It would be nice to be able to customize the appearance of the start page / dashboard, i.e. what information is displayed and where.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add support for the Cluster module in Passenger

Add support for the Cluster module in Passenger supplied with Plesk:
    https://nodejs.org/api/cluster.html#cluster_cluster

Currently, when Node Cluster module is called on a NodeJS application configured in Plesk in development mode, the following error is be shown:

Trace: You required the Node Cluster module, which is incompatible with Passenger, a non-functional shim was returned and your app may still work. However, please remove the related code as soon as possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to manage "Smart static files processing" option via Service plan

It would be good to add the ability to manage "Smart static files processing" option through Service plan settings. Since this option is enabled by default, it might affect some applications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow to register all let's encrypt certificates to the Plesk Administrator email

Customer has around 2000 domains and hitting the weekly limit for the new certificates. All domains have different ACME IDs

Customer reached Let's Encrypt support and they agreed to increase limits but require to provide "his own dedicated ACME ID". This feature is required to get such dedicated id.

This is useful when a lot of domains were migrated to another server and it is required to secure them quickly without reaching limits.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. wanted to see SQL Server health performace

as mssqlplanner.com provides their Several analytic report free
    like Space analysis, DB level analysis , CPU, RAM , Query level

It will be worth to customer to have such report to see how is database server performance now and they will be able to know when they should buy higher resource with big rock

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Extensions actions written in action log

To let the extensions log/note the actions in the Plesk's action log.

As of now, on any extension, a user can do any action without acknowledgment of what has been done.

For security purposes, it is desired to know what actions has been done in Plesk, and installed extensions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to create/extract archives protected by password using File Manager

Due to security reason users may need to ability to protect their archives with password. Currently there is no ability to extract or create such archive. Please, add

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Select database servers for each Wordpress instance

For now the database server assigned to the domain via service plan is used to host WordPress database. Would be nice to add ability to choose other database servers if exist as they might be more suitable for customer needs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  WordPress Toolkit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. XML-API: Enable Secret Key for Resellers (and Customers)

Currently, Secret Keys are only available to system admins:
    https://docs.plesk.com/en-US/obsidian/api-rpc/about-xml-api/reference/managing-secret-keys.37121/

It would be great that also resellers (and potentially customers) could create such a key to not have to store user credentials on a server.

(What was the rational to prevent this?)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Plesk image for Docker on Windows

Add Plesk image for Docker on Windows. Only the image for Linux is available at the moment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Docker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. MSSQL hostname change for an existing MSSQL database server

When a MSSQL database server is upgraded to a new version, the name can not be changed from within Plesk and it needs to be done manually into the Plesk database once the name is set on MSSQL side.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Databases  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Option when forwarding mail not to include original message just a notification that there is a message to be read..

I would like to be able to send a noitfication to my work account that I have mail. I do not want my work address to see the content of that mail.
    In the forward options smb/email-address/edit/id/xxx
    On the Forwarding tab. Include a checkbox that says something like Notify but do not include message content. The default should be unchecked withno change to the current functionality. When checked on receipt of an email a different message should be sent to the addresses specified in the list box labeled "Forward incoming messages to the following email address" saying that an email…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add docker containers to plesk migrator

I'm in a position where I'm offering my customers elastic server and redis server usage access via docker. This helps isolate them, secure their data and also guarantee resources.

However it's getting really tedious to migrate the subscriptions because of this. I would love it if there was a way to migrate docker containers between plesk installations

Additionally it would be awesome if there was a way to create a link between docker container and subscription. That way when I migrate a subscription, only the relevant docker containers would get migrated

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Migrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Secure webmail with SSL automatically if it exists on example.com

Please provide a possibility to secure webmail automatically if webmail.example.com exists in Plesk.

This can be done by auto-selecting "Secure webmail on this domain" during a certificate creation for example.com.

As it currently stands, end users get confused by the feature.

The more Plesk can simplify this process for end-users, the less support will be required for my customers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Compile Nginx with NJS module

It would be great that you'd provide Nginx with the module ngxhttpjs_module already compiled.

We have some websites using NJS scripting language and we cannot running them on Plesk without modifying the code:
    http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngxhttpjs_module.html
    http://nginx.org/en/docs/njs/install.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. When Plesk user login/logout must contain more information in Event Manager

in Event Manager, we can select parameter of "Username" only when user login failed and select parameter of "contact name" only when user completely login/logout. Users is asking me that why we didn't use the same variable (Username or contact name, and I preferred username) and more information should be added for security issue (eq. IP Address)

[refer document]
    https://docs.plesk.com/en-US/obsidian/administrator-guide/server-administration/event-parameters-passed-by-event-handlers.67897/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base