Skip to content

Feature Suggestions

Please provide here your suggestion for new functionality for Plesk. We encourage you to review and vote for suggestions of others. The top-ranked suggestions are likely to be included in the next versions of Plesk.

Please write in English so that voters from all over the world can read and support your request.

For technical assistance, contact Plesk support
For questions, bug reports, discussions and free assistance, check our Forum and Facebook page
For additional information, see Documentation, Knowledge Base and Blog
Follow us on Twitter for more news on Plesk development

Off-topic posts will be removed from here

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1471 results found

1. <hostname> variable in DNS Template

Hello!
    Im running a multiserver network where all emails are sent from a service nodes main ip. And I want to have the following MX record in my DNS template: MX | <domain> | <hostname>| .

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  DNS  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow user to set timezone for File manager

It would be extremely helpful to be able to set the timezone in the File manager. Currently the file manager shows the file timestamp in the timezone where the server is running. A user is not always aware of the physical location of the server to which they have logged in.

There should be a setting (or a toggle) on the file manager to allow the user to see the timezone that is being used for display. It would be even better to allow the user to set the timezone for which they wish to see the timestamps. The optimal…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add PHP shmop extension support useful for Wordpress performance and site health

When you run the Wordpress Helath Check under Wordpress Tools menù and you run a Plesk server you will get the following alert:

You should allow inter-process communication Performance
    You should consider using shared memory (PHP shmop) to allow inter-process communication.

Could I suggest to add the PHP shmop support?
    I'm running PHP 8.3 and I'm not sure to use SSH command to try to get this extension working, will be nice if in the future this can be integrated in Plesk as ... today Wordpress is a very used CMS and we want always to have good performance.

Thank…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web / PHP  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your idea! We will consider this functionality in upcoming releases if it will be popular.

Everyone, please continue voting for this feature if you consider it important.

Meanwhile, if you want to try to install shmop yourself, these are the general steps (provided here without warranty, try it on a test server before applying it to your production system):

1) Install Plesk PHP development package:

For RPM-based OS (CentOS, RHEL, CloudLinux):

# yum install plesk-php83-devel

For Debian-based OS (Debian, Ubuntu):

# apt install plesk-php83-dev build-essential

2) Check what's the currrent version of your PHP 8.0

# /opt/plesk/php/8.3/bin/php -v

3) Download PHP source based on the version of the step 2

For example:

# wget https://www.php.net/distributions/php-8.3.0.tar.bz2

Please pay special attention that the version matches the one determined in step 2!

4) Extract the .tar file of the PHP downloaded

# tar -xvjf /root/php-8.3.0.tar.bz2

Again, the version shown here…

4. Update cloudlinux db-governor users when plesk admin password/username was changed

1. Plesk should change the string in /etc/container/mysql-governor.xml when changing the admin password with cli command: plesk bin admin --set-admin-password -passwd 'PASSWORD'

2. Plesk should change the string in /etc/container/mysql-governor.xml when the admin password/username is changed in Plesk UI.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Databases  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Identify live domains by verifying they're reachable

I have two servers that basically just mirror my domains. When I need to update the operating system on one of them, I migrate to the other and repoint the IP addresses. Fairly simple, DIY manual failover basically. (BTW, it would be great if this was more automated with regular incremental backups to the failover server.)

When I'm on the "inactive" failover server (when the domains are pointed at the other server's IP address), there is no indication that the domains are not reachable by the current server's IP address, which leads to confusion when switching between browser tabs to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Migrations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. abilty to add LOC DNS records in Plesk

Add abilty to create LOC DNS records in Plesk. rfc1876

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your interesting idea! While this is a request for a rarely used DNS record, it still makes sense to enable this record type at least for users who want to link their website to a specific geolocation. We will consider this functionality in upcoming releases if it will be popular.

Everyone, please continue voting for this feature if you consider it important.

-- PD

7. Add linting (Prettier/Beautifier) to coding fields for Apache/Nginx header and PHP.ini editor, etc.

Could you add to the php.ini edit interface a linter like Prettier or Beautifier (I do not mind which, just one of them) to any code boxes within Plesk. The ones I use most regularly are PHP.ini and those below, but I am sure there might be others around the interface, and maybe there is some equivalent for the firewall rules interface too.

This would just cut the risk of making mistakes there and make the whole thing a whole lot better to use if you want to do stuff 'in the tool' that are relatively minor. Yes, I know…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow setting MAILFROM field in crons from Plesk Interface

When a customer adds a cronjob within the Plesk interface through "Scheduled tasks", they can set the recipient (MAILTO field) of the cron with the "Send notifications to" field, but there is no option to set the sender (MAILFROM field). By default, the sender for crondaemon is user@server.tld, which in our case causes SPF errors with the receiving mail server of the recipient.

We do not give our clients CLI access, so they cannot manually set it with the crontab -e command, nor should they (the whole point of the Plesk Interface is for GUI-style ease of use). Could…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your idea and your additional explanation. As the use case is probably an edge case, we'll need to see whether many other users believe that this is an important feature that they need.

If you believe it is an important feature, please continue voting for this feature request.

-- PD

9. Add MSSQL Certificate management

Add possibility to add valid certificate for sql server

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Databases  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. S3 Storage with enabled Object Lock

AWS S3 Storage offers the Object Lock feature, which ensures that a file cannot be deleted within a certain time frame. This is ideal for protecting your Plesk backups from accidental manipulation or attackers.

However, to use this feature, the PUT request must include the checksum of the uploaded backup file. If this header is omitted, the following error message appears:

Transport error: Extension transport: ext://s3-backup/server/: Content-MD5 OR x-amz-checksum- HTTP header is required for Put Part requests with Object Lock parameters

Adding one of the headers described at https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/userguide/checking-object-integrity.html would solve this problem.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Change on webmail subdomain log in screen to Plesk's log in screen so the user can manage their account directly

I was considering that to increase the security of the email accounts and so that the user has direct administration over them, if it were possible that instead of the subdomain "webmail.whatevedomain.com" being directed to a webmail login screen directly, to change it to the plesk's log in screen, since when you enable the option in email accounts of "can be used to log in to plesk", the user enters to a management screen for the email account itself, this is by using the email address as the user and their same password.
    This way, the user could change their…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Panel/Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your idea. Unfortunately, the webmail apps are completely independent mail client apps. They are not programmed by the Plesk team, but by independent vendors. The functions that Plesk can control are mail server based functions and user management based functions, e.g. changing the user name (mailbox name) and password. Webmail apps that do the same to it through specific port based method. They behave like all other mail clients. Bringing both worlds into one will mean that Plesk develops and maintains their own webmail software in competition to existing solutions like SoGo, Roundcube, Horde. This would require significant resources not only for development, but also for continuous maintenance - and all that besides maintaining the integration of the other clients. There are no plans to do that at this time or in the near future.

Nevertheless we can leave this feature idea online for some while so…

12. DNS record editor for all domains (bulk editing, selective editing)

Editor for all DNS records in the Plesk system, it is very time consuming to mass check records and alter them eg. SPF, DMARC, autodiscover records.

Maybe the editor could also have an option to reset records to DNS template.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide the ability to send a copy of mailbox quota notifications to Plesk admin

When users receive the notification that their mailbox is near full, they often ignore it, or have a concern that it is a fake message. Some customers completely ignore the message because they don't know what to do. If we could provide the ability to also notify the Plesk admin, the customer could be called ahead of time, instead of receiving the "why isn't my mail working?" phone call.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Additional option for overuse policy- Overuse is allowed up to x %

I would like to have option to set overuse policy as:

Overuse is allowed up to x %

- after percentage threshold is crossed then suspend and send e-mail notification
    - with ability to set up percentage freeley, but suspend when disk usage is 110 % or 130 % and so on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Synchronize Plesk Service Plans IDs across servers

I want to be able to create a Plesk account when a person ONLY purchases a domain name from WHMCS (no hosting)

I want this so the customer has DNS access. I know I can provide DNS access through WHMCS but then if the customer purchases hosting I have to copy all their DNS records to the Plesk DNS and it just becomes confusing.

Right now WHMCS will only create a Plesk account if the person has ordered hosting but not if they only purchase a domain name.

So I'm having WHMCS Global Services write an Add-On for WHMCS so…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Increase mailbox size above the default size

Default Mailbox size is for example 5 GB per Mailbox. But on one Box, the client need more space. So it would be great, if all accounts stay on the standard Size. All mail addresses keep the default size, but one can increase the storage space. Currently, only the reverse is possible, but this makes little sense, as I don't want to adjust all the addresses individually, but only increase the one that has a compulsory requirement.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Prohibit user from deleting domains

Hello,
    Another customer's domain names were accidentally erased from his control panel, according to us. Please give us a choice to prevent this from occurring again. Alternatively, provide us access to a internal ticket system, which requires staff approval.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your idea. When deleting a domain, a clear warning an confirmation dialog is displayed. Domains are only deleted when that additional dialog is confirmed. https://plesk.uservoice.com/forums/184549-feature-suggestions/suggestions/41416156-delete-domain 

Nevertheless, we'll consider adding a feature that users won't be permitted to delete domains at all, if this request becomes popular.

-- PD

18. Ability to set a Subscription or Domain Backup Default

I'd love the ability to set a subscription such that a Scheduled Backup configuration is enabled by default? E.g. "backup all files, daily, store 1 day"?

Often times I realized after the fact that a domain backup was not turned on. The "scheduled backup list" extension is nice, but I'm looking more for a default option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create a "grid" of permissions where admin can enable or disable parts of menus related to the Service Plan

Can be really usefull increase details of personalizations of the customer's menus, for example:
    into smb/iis-app-pool/settings/id (AppPools Settings) to allow to recycle it but not to create a new one
    For example, if customer creates a subdomain, it can also create a dedicated appPool for it and this can create problems in some envs.

Our suggestion is to create a "grid" of permissions where admin can enable or disable parts of menùs related to the Service Plan, as happens now but much more granular

Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. DKIM Weekly Rotation of key, with new 'selector' where previous selector is removed the next week

As in:
    https://proton.me/blog/dkim-replay-attack-breakdown

Rotating DKIM is highly important.

Currently, it' **** easy to rotate the DKIM key on Plesk, not to talk of updating DNS and running Route 53 update.

This is asked to be implmented, where a second key is added, and new mails use it.

Old key would be depreciated a week later, as previous emails are still in the progress.

Rotate your DKIM keys regularly – Rotating our DKIM keys allowed us to quickly stop the attack and buy time for the permanent solution. Although tedious and risky to do manually, Proton’s DKIM key management system(new window)…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base