I suggest you ...

Mail-Only Plesk server

Like DNS only c* servers, Plesk can provide a Mail-Only - Plesk Server. This will help all those who like to distribute server services' load across multiple servers. I'm aware that one can simply install the whole plesk in a separate server and run just mail service alone.

12 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Shyam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rainbow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update? Division/separation is important because it is not good, e.g. IP addresses are blocked, the whole server is no longer callable.

• Sidi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I describe some difficulties when centralized solution, are importante points for better control:
    - Possible to customize the e-mail storage path, like example storage is an iSCSI-based storage where point of mount is /data or any name;
    - In this form of mount is possible add 02 server for dovecot (imap, pop) in high availability with MariaDB in Cluster as example something http://oxpedia.org/wiki/index.php?title=OX_HE_Tutorial_100K;
    - Other solution sample, add relay servers for postfix.

• Shyam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for the reply, however I feel like I didn't pass the request properly. AFAIK, Plesk automation is for infrastructure level management of multiple server and the scope of Plesk automation is different. You do provide HA for storage, but that wouldn't be sufficient for high availability (in an HA scenario, how one should configure the second server with Plesk ?). The request is not focused on pushing HA to Plesk mainstream, but for a simple Plesk server with only mail management function.

Please disregard if you don't understand anything from the above statement.

Feedback and Knowledge Base