I suggest you ...

Assign docker to a customer

Dockers seems in onyx only available for a admin.
It shoudle be available for our customers to.

19 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Toni D shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While we wish it as much as you do, this is not possible to deliver Docker at customer level at the moment as customers can gain root-level access through the Docker CT and it will be an ultimate security breach.

The only generic way to deliver such function is wrapping all containers of a customer into a sort of VM similarly to Kubernetes “pods”, but Plesk itself runs in VM commonly and cannot produce extra tier of VMs. So we are very much limited by Docker itself and we are exploring how we can overcome it.
    If you wish to continue conversation, please join talk.plesk.com
    Thank you

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Daniel Hendricks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to "assign" a Docker to a customer so that they may restart it and/or maybe change/see certain environmental variables. For example, I create Redis containers, and it would be nice if the customer could see the exposed port, restart it if necessary, and also be able to change the REDIS_PASSWORD environmental variable as desired.

Of course, I wouldn't want them to be able to change all environmental variables, so perhaps a checkbox that would allow me to allow it to be user-controlled (and thus show up on their panel) would be nice.

• Leonard Niehaus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes customers should be able to create docker containers in their subscription. The usage of the containers can be limited by Cgroups.

Feedback and Knowledge Base