Remote Smartermail - Specify mail IP
we are using remote smartermail.
We have 3 plesk onyx servers that we want to use 1 Smartermail server but we want each Plesk server to use a IP for mail
ie Plesk-1 would use Mail IP xx.xx.xx.xx.01
Plesk-2 would use Mail IP xx.xx.xx.xx.02
currently when plesk creates domains on remote smartermail it uses "default IP" this is what we would like to be able to customize in Plesk.
Thank you for your input! We will consider this functionality in upcoming releases if it will be popular.
Everyone, please continue voting for this feature if you consider it important.
Please consider the following - we have 14 smartermail servers, with independent MX servers.
We use PPA and is moving to Onyx. If we have 1 smartermail server the remote feature would be fine.
No control panel, does as good job of email administration and the admin tool in the email application itself.
Hence I recommend the following which simplifies email admin and move the function away from the control panel as an option to client like myself
1) add to tools and service an option where one can setup all their email servers IP/admin credential and server selection rules / least use/ storage etc
2) in the service plan add an option to select if email hosting is permitted or not and # of users/amt of storage
3) on new launch plesk will select the email server base on some rules then create the domain setup at least 2 account primary admin and admin with all the limits
4) an mail icon will display in the customer portal on click a new tab opening the url http://mail.<dom_name>
5) the only admin option in plesk could be the ability to reset the primary admin and or the admin credential - no other admin task is needed
6) plesk as its daily task will collect the domain total storage and add to plesk so users can see site/email stats etc
7) an email storage addon - should users need more email storage they order it on payment plesk will update smartermail storage limits - or if a client un-subscribe from this addon on - plesk will reduce smartermail limits as applicable
In summary while a number of plesk users would like plesk to be the email admin tool - I am suggestion a basic provisioning tool with usage stats and limits updates - as email admin will be done via the smartermail where detail reports, spam filters management etc are already there