• google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Saif commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

·
        ADMIN
        Plesk Staff (Admin, Plesk International GmbH) responded · May 21, 2015
        Thanks for your input. We will definitely look into adding mod_pagespeed and ngx_pagespeed in future Plesk releases.

Said in 2015 but 2019 coming. In 4 YEARS they could not integrate page speed module for nginx....

• H50K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Am i wrong ? This is already done ?!? - I do use mod_pagespeed that way.

And you don't have to use / install it @Klemens it is an Extension.

• Schuerholz Klemens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE DON'T REALIZE THIS PROPOSAL!

it is not acceptable! Google should not have access in any way within the Plesk installation. As a matter of principle, no external procedures should be integrated. Nobody can predict how and what will happen with user data and mail content, e. g. by Google. The rejection of data mining by a large community should be respected.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1
        we need to know ETA on this.
        Come on Plesk, it's been 5 years we are asking for this very useful integration
        Thank you

• Jessy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? I would really like mod_pagespeed for Nginx with plesk.

• Dirk Liesenfeld commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

True. By adding the "non-essential but very useful" stuff, plesk adds more value to its product. Plesk is already a very good bridge between noobs and super-pro-freaks. I would never build my own nginx from source - way to complicated for me. Same is true for the mod_pagespeed. BUT with plesk I have my Ubuntu 16 with nginx and https2 up and running passing all benchmarks from google and others with excellence. I am really thankful for plesk - but still: PLEASE GIVE US ngx_pagespeed ;-)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tozz's point is from an implementation's point of view.
        Plesk is already far beyond managing merely the distribution at hand.

By not forcing their users to build Nginx/Apache from source for features that are in demand now, they would be able to properly support it as they all would have that same enhanced package.

• Tozz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't mix things up. The point is that Plesk relies on distribution supplied software, such as Apache, Nginx, Dovecot, Postfix and what not. Plesk's job is not to extend services that eg. Debian deliveres with extra modules or addons. Sure, they _could_. But I think they shouldn't! This is like asking your gas station to fit a bigger tank in your car. Its not their job. Doesn't matter if its HTTP/2, PageSpeed or whatever extra plugin

If you really want to you could just as easily use a backported version of eg. Apache. Or simply wait for a new release of your distribution. There are also plenty of manuals available on how to install PageSpeed yourself.

Another issue is that these third-party modules cannot be relied on. For example, mod_spdy in the time used a staticly compiled version of libssl. Then when all the OpenSSL fun started, none of those mod_spdy installations got patched, even though the distribution did upgrade/patched openssl/libssl. Then, Google abandoned Speedy completely and more systems remained insecure as no patches were released.

lets not forget, the same rants here about "WE NEED SPDY NOW!" are not that long ago.

Plesk is a Control Panel. Basically a GUI to generate configuration files. Let's not make it the same mess as DirectAdmin is for example, with all the custom compiled software with all the flaws (eg. installing 2 versions of libssl, where default Debian tools complain about missing functions).

With the way it is now you can rely on your distribution for security updates. We should not be having to rely on Parallels for software patching other than Plesk itself.

PS: HTTP/2 isn't running on Debian 8 machines yet. Could be that another Plesk supported OS does have it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base