I suggest you ...

Block the IP of the selected country in Firewall

Firewall should be able to block the IP of the selected country. I have a lot of traffic from the IP 5.10. *. *

262 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rafal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Continuous brute force attack comes from Russia and China.
        Solution to prevent country ip blocks.

• Jorge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe that this has been an open request since 2013 and it is still not implemented!

• Lotte Gaebel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the ability to manage and filter traffic at a country level is a great idea: implement a geoip service

• Joao commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using IPSET with ipdeny for fetching countries´s IP blocks and it works great.

• Fabian Salzwedel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Security via GeoIT-Functionality built in directly to plesk would bei
        an awesome Feature. It would have saved me several lawsuits...

• Turab Garip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think "Banning IP"s should be possible in a more broad way. It's already supported by iptables; so Plesk would need to implement only.

• Bernhard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like it too, it is hard work to select attacks from china and then do it manually in firewall. I use GeoIp from Akeeba in my Joomla website and it works fine

• Sven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GEO-IP Blocking is a good idea. With blacklisting or whitelisting. I have many traffic from china, malasiya, Japan and russia, but my target group is only Europe. And the Shops dont sell anything to this countries. A blocking is here a good idea to increase the security of the hole system.

• Dennis Kracht commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think a general support should be implemented for all services. In a Fail2Ban service it would be nice to set configurations for other countries. In the mailserver it would be nice to enable Greylisting for specific countries (or even for SPF, DNSBL). Oh well i need greylisting for external ip adresses... In the modsecurity to harden or select other rulesets for other countries. The list could be long... :) Generally blocking IPs from other countries with a DROP might be helpful, but blocking under certain cercumstances would be king...

• Jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be happy to have a quick way within the panel to block a IP or IP block, such as what I have to login via ssh and do via IP tables... Like
        iptables -I INPUT 34 -s 14.0.0.0/9 -j DROP

• Don Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue. Most of the traffic is from Latvia subnets. I just add a firewall rule to deny all from those subnets. Takes a while to add them all though. Should be an easier block list method through the GUI.

• Fetchman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Urgently some GEOIP Blocker is necessary, to avoid any contact from other countries to blocking spammers and useless try outs to login.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base