I suggest you ...

Block the IP of the selected country in Firewall

Firewall should be able to block the IP of the selected country. I have a lot of traffic from the IP 5.10. *. *

276 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rafal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Emilio Escamilla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Adam, try to set you SPF with -all (minus sign). And make you sure to have only sender server IP or service included on your spf.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE get country IP blocking or bulk IP blocking abilities. At times I am getting up to 45,000 spoofed emails (spoofed from my own account) a day. SPF records and DKIM settings just don't work!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a lot of spam from .ru and never need to get .ru emails so I would love to be able to block them. Our business is Australian based.

• Giorgio M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow! 5 years and nobody at Plesk thought to implement this feature. From a paid panel I expected more...

• Daniel Hendricks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel like it would be nice to configure per site? For example, if I have a web site where I don't feel like listing every cookie and possible impact of linking to CDNs for various assets to comply with GDPR (They're logging my IP address! Get or set up a ch€ap VPN if that bothers you), it would be convenient to block affected countries. I certainly wouldn't want to do this for every site, but it would be nice to be able to push a button (so to speak) for sites where I don't care about European traffic. I'm not suggesting a "block GDPR traffic" button in the admin (that would be silly), but perhaps a way to more easily group rubbish traffic by type?

• Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this. What's the point of allowing traffic from China when it's 100% bad traffic accounting for 70% of attacks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Continuous brute force attack comes from Russia and China.
        Solution to prevent country ip blocks.

• Jorge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe that this has been an open request since 2013 and it is still not implemented!

• Lotte Gaebel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the ability to manage and filter traffic at a country level is a great idea: implement a geoip service

• Joao commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using IPSET with ipdeny for fetching countries´s IP blocks and it works great.

• Fabian Salzwedel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Security via GeoIT-Functionality built in directly to plesk would bei
        an awesome Feature. It would have saved me several lawsuits...

• Turab Garip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think "Banning IP"s should be possible in a more broad way. It's already supported by iptables; so Plesk would need to implement only.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base