I suggest you ...

Block the IP of the selected country in Firewall

Firewall should be able to block the IP of the selected country. I have a lot of traffic from the IP 5.10. *. *

300 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rafal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dimitris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maintaining lists of IPs or even subnets by hand on multiple servers is neither practical nor secure enough. There are already projects that maintain such lists (honeypot, ip2location etc).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have enabled fail2ban and greylisting but I still frequently see servers in the mail.log which try to login with dictionary passwords.
        The only way I know to get rid of those is to deny them completely.
        It is a pain to do this from the GUI and there should be a CLI for this.

The Plesk firewall already can blocks of networks, by adding a CDIR netmask.

In your example, use 5.10.0.0/16 to block all traffic from the 2.10 network.
        However, this does not block data from a specific country, but from a specific (group of) network(s). Keep in mind that countries may have a lot of A/B/C type of networks that are not consecutively ordered.

I don't know any complete list of networks used in a specific country, but you can do a search at organisations like ripe.net, apnic.net, afriinc.net and arin.net to do research for networks.

• Paco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there.
        Would be a verny "nice to have". I really hope the guys at Plesk get around to this this year ! ! !

• Emilio Escamilla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Adam, try to set you SPF with -all (minus sign). And make you sure to have only sender server IP or service included on your spf.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE get country IP blocking or bulk IP blocking abilities. At times I am getting up to 45,000 spoofed emails (spoofed from my own account) a day. SPF records and DKIM settings just don't work!

I have a lot of spam from .ru and never need to get .ru emails so I would love to be able to block them. Our business is Australian based.

• Giorgio M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow! 5 years and nobody at Plesk thought to implement this feature. From a paid panel I expected more...

• Daniel Hendricks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel like it would be nice to configure per site? For example, if I have a web site where I don't feel like listing every cookie and possible impact of linking to CDNs for various assets to comply with GDPR (They're logging my IP address! Get or set up a ch€ap VPN if that bothers you), it would be convenient to block affected countries. I certainly wouldn't want to do this for every site, but it would be nice to be able to push a button (so to speak) for sites where I don't care about European traffic. I'm not suggesting a "block GDPR traffic" button in the admin (that would be silly), but perhaps a way to more easily group rubbish traffic by type?

• Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this. What's the point of allowing traffic from China when it's 100% bad traffic accounting for 70% of attacks

Continuous brute force attack comes from Russia and China.
        Solution to prevent country ip blocks.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base