I suggest you ...

Synchronize Plesk Servers (Failover)

Keep two (or more) Plesk servers in sync for a failover scenario.
Migration Manager only allows manual "sync"

449 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ralph Keck shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

44 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2013 ... gosch. It would also be good to have sync between subscriptions on different Plesk Servers.
        As then Cloudflares IP based Loadbalancing would be awesome!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please make a fail-over that can be used with two IPs and one server... that would be incrediably usefull.

• Marco Marsala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All needed system tools are already available, you just need to write a GUI to set them up:

- MySQL supports replication; actually it can be set up via Tools & Settings > Database Servers > phpMyAdmin > Replication;

- Dovecot supports master/master replication using dsync: https://wiki.dovecot.org/Replication

- File replication: mmmmhh

• test commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have this, or on site level. lets say you build a site and active sync this to another server.

• Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Automationsettings for DB replication between two Plesk servers to have a live backup or a second DB Server for Performance resons.

I could even imagine to use the upcoming Cloudflare loadbalancing function and two Pleskserver for higher performance or just high availability.

THX

• Noam Harel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

cluster is crucial, we need that option. also the ability to have more concurrent connections.

• Jan Bludau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i agree this would be a very nice "why using plesk?" answer.

this sync would always be a nice functional backup.

• Andreas Hagberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If there would be a failover functionality in Plesk, we would most probably choose this solution for hosting 15 000 hosting accounts. But, it does not and failover/cluster is a must for us.

Let me know when you have the functionality in place ;-)

• Robbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anxious to see the new plesk multi-server roll out fully in 17, but this would dramatically improve our ability to host sites in a highly available manner, even when they are already hosted on Azure or AWS. I'd vote 5 times if I could.

• Elompenta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

not needed anymore - i have created my own Sync Solution with Failover
        If you Need some Solutions for Failover, let me know via Email

• Randall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see something like this. Maybe this could be accomplished by allowing at installation time the option to have the PSA and Website files/databases assigned to a separate location, possibly a Percona DB cluster and NFS file storage cluster. Then each subsequent plesk server could connect to the common storage cluster...

Obviously a lot of other details to figure out regarding pushing updates to all nodes without breaking the cluster, IP addressing issues, etc...

But this would be a great feature for ensuring that your services stay online, even if hardware fails...

• Sandro Gehri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very nice, if it would be possible to use Plesk in a redundant environment, like a master / slave configuration. Where the slave can take over if the master isn't available anymore.
        Or even better a load balanced environment, where all Plesk servers have the same functionality (like master - master replication in MySQL) and an outage of a single server does not interrupt any services at all.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base