Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Florian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Plesk,

this idea was shared · Jun 9, 2015

Anything new 2017 about this "feature"?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, come on! This is so required as mainly Customers ask for EMAIL Support.......
    Wrong Settings.....

• Webadmin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey guys,

We're still waiting for this issue to be fixed. Manual configuration is extremely inconvenient to inexperienced customers. Customers need productivity, not technical ability.

• xokko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@ChrisH: You could take a look at ActiveSync in Horde. There is an option to use Autodiscover for IMAP/POP/SMTP even if you don't use ActiveSync (but it must be activated). I don't know which clients use it, I tried it with Outlook 2016 and it worked.

• ChrisH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Simon E.: Ok, then I won't wait :-) Sorry for this newbie question...

• Simon E. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@ChrisH: Don't be silly. Plesk team never ever solved any feature request within weeks, except it was a security issue everybody on the internet had read about

• ChrisH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Plesk Staff, do you see any chance for an autodiscover solution in Plesk soon? E.g. In the next weeks? Otherwise we have to create an solution by foot before migrating thousands of mail accounts to Plesk. Thanks a lot in advance!

• darkdragon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have all possibilities nicely supported from the GUI (e.g. which settings should be favored over which). As long as there is no SNI for POP3/IMAP/SMTP (thus all clients receive the same SSL certificate), this feature is a must!

For one client where it is really important, I enabled autodiscover for Outlook, by using "autodiscover.php" and ".htaccess" from https://github.com/cfoellmann/ISPC-resources/tree/master/guides/autodiscover and adapting it to my needs.

• mrwolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have written an autodiscovery mechanism for my clients which works.
    It works for Outlook and for Thunderbird.
    I know of 3 mechanisms to autodiscover mail settings.
    As far as I discovered, these are:

* Microsoft's autodiscover (used by Outlook)
    * Thunderbird's autoconfig (used by Thunderbird)
    * rfc6186 (afaik not used by any mail client)

I have written scripts that are running on the DNS-server (mine is a seperate Plesk server) that create the DNS-records for each domain that has an MX-record pointing to a server of mine. It will delete those records if the MX goes foreign.

On the mailservers I have a wildcard certificate of the company I work for.
    Each domain will connect to a subdomain of my company's domain where the subdomain is the FQDN of the client's domain with its dot replaced by a dash (wildcard certificates go only 1 level deep).

The SRV records (rfc6186 and outlook) and the CNAME (thunderbird) will be created in the client's domain.
    The target of these records are pointing to a CNAME in my company's domain.
    The CNAME in the company's domain will point to mail.<clientdomain>.

It's explained (partly) here: https://talk.plesk.com/threads/ssl-certificates-for-mail-server.342531/
    I don't have a full write-up.
    The main reason is time and it's also very customized to my situation

Feedback and Knowledge Base