Skip to content

Feature Suggestions

Please provide here your suggestion for new functionality for Plesk. We encourage you to review and vote for suggestions of others. The top-ranked suggestions are likely to be included in the next versions of Plesk.

Please write in English so that voters from all over the world can read and support your request.

For technical assistance, contact Plesk support
For questions, bug reports, discussions and free assistance, check our Forum and Facebook page
For additional information, see Documentation, Knowledge Base and Blog
Follow us on Twitter for more news on Plesk development

Off-topic posts will be removed from here

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

431 results found

1. Support full DNS for CloudFlare ServerShield

Currently CloudFlare ServerShield is implemented using partial (CNAME) setup. What is the point in a partial setup when you can benefit from full DNS? You get anycast DNS with CloudFlare on full DNS.

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

24 comments  ·  Extensions  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The DNS Integration for Cloudflare  extension is production-ready since Plesk 18.0.56, published October 10th, 2023. Empower your experience with simplified DNS synchronization, enhanced  website security, effortless subdomain creation, and smoother workflows. Use Cloudflare CDN, which distributes content around the world to speed up websites.

• Connect your existing Cloudflare account to Plesk.
    • Import DNS records from Cloudflare to Plesk.
    • Export DNS records from Plesk to Cloudflare (both manually and automatically).
    • Enable/disable Proxy Mode.

This update completes the work on the new Plesk DNS Integration for Cloudflare extension. Please comment if you have additional thoughts on it.

-- PD

2. Two factor authentication (2FA) for Service and Additional Admin Accounts

Currently Plesk supports Clef and Google Authenticator for Plesk admin accounts.

However if a customer creates additional user accounts (service accounts with owner rights for example) the 2FA option is not available.

We would appreciate this feature especially in combination with multi-server management, where one customer may have multiple admins and multiple domain subscriptions.

-Philipp

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Extensions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are glad to announce the new Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) extension (https://www.plesk.com/extensions/mfa/), coming to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.61 and later. The new extension is meant to offer seamless 2FA authentication to all Plesk users, and comes with one of the following benefits:

• Multi-factor authentication can now be configured in the profile settings for users of all levels (administrators, additional administrators, resellers, customers, and subscription users).

If you have any feedback on the implementation of this feature, please let us know on the forum: https://talk.plesk.com/.

— AY

3. Multiple users for the Git extension

It would be great if it would be possible to create multiple users which can use the Git repository. Today only one user can access the Git repository. It is the admin user which was created during the creation of the subdomain. New created Web Users for the subdomain can not access the Git repository. It is a feature which I am missing because I wanted to host a private Git repository for our small private team.

https://talk.plesk.com/threads/can-not-create-new-users-for-local-git-repository.342409/

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Extensions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! In the Git Extension 2.4.0, published January 26th, 2023, this feature became available: 

Previously, only the system user had access to all repositories  in a subscription, but now Plesk added the ability to select users who can access a local repository via HTTP/HTTPS.

You can now select additional users when creating a  local repository or changing the settings of an existing one. These  users can pull and push to a local repository via HTTP/HTTPS using their credentials.

-- PD

4. Compile nginx with mod_security

Basically, the title says it all.
    It can be done manually but then we wont be able to configure mod_security (rules, detection level, fail2ban) in Plesk.

Please include mod_security in nginx.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Security  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Translation of WordPress Toolkit 2.0

The new features of the WP-Toolkit are awesome. But I am missing localization. Insise the system every button and explaining texts are only in english.

It would be nice to provide translations (e.g. in german) as at the moment it is a mix up of translated and untranslated content inside the tool.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  WP Toolkit  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Laravel

I think it would be amazing if you supported Laravel as it is one of the fastest growing php frameworks today.

With it you will attract a lot ore customers.

325 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Possibility to force SSL on Webmail

Some users don't know why they should enter https:// if they have to access webmail, they use http://
    http is insecure. Easpecially in combination with unencrypted wireless connections.
    Actually you have to go into the plesk code to set this function somewhere. Why does plesk provide the webmail-login insecure by default?
    If you have setup an Domain Certificate, at least then plesk should offer the option to force ssl on accessing webmail.mydomain.??

135 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Security  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi!

The functionality is now available:
    1. Linux: in the SSL It! Plesk Extension: https://ext.plesk.com/packages/3c4117f6-c05c-4d3b-9173-60f10096a9c4-sslit
    2. Windows: in Plesk Obsidian (by default if SSL is turned on for the domain)

How to find it in SSL It! Extension:
    1. install SSL It! Extension (it’s available for Plesk 17.8+)
    2. go to > SSL/TLS Certificates
    3. if there is no SSL Certificate installed on the domain – issue one (using, for example, free Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate)
    4. if an SSL Certificate is installed on the domain, there is a switcher “HTTPHTTPS redirect”, this switcher has an option “Webmail”, turn it on.
    5. Additionally, you can setup HSTS (for webmail too)
    6. Voila!

We would appreciate hearing your feedback on the implementation of this functionality. Thanks in advance!

— rk

8. Postfix preferred ip

Our suggestion is add an UI element to user area, where end user can change preferred outgoing ip for domain - ipv4 or ipv6. Without mail server config hacks from server admins.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Since Plesk Obsidian 18.0.52, published April 25th, 2023, Plesk sends mail from the domain only via the specific IP address, if a specific IP address version (IPv4 or IPv6) is set for a domain (PPPM-13770).

Please let us know in your comments if this caters your needs or if and what modifications you would like to see.

-- PD

9. Graphical interface for Resource Controller (cgroups)

Create a graphical interface in case you have enabled CCgroups. Show in customer Panel graphs about cpu, ram, disk io like the plugin lve from cloudlinux

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This functionality is now available in the latest version of the Advanced Monitoring extension. We encourage you to check the implementation and let us know what you think.

Please visit the following forum thread to learn how to access the functionality: https://talk.plesk.com/threads/advanced-monitoring-extension-in-plesk.352727/post-888117

We would appreciate hearing your feedback on the implementation of this functionality. Thanks in advance!

— AY

10. Generate a deploy key per repo in the Git extension

Currently, the Git extension only generates one deploy key per Plesk user (according to @PleskHelps on Twitter). Unfortunately, GitHub doesn't allow a deploy key to be used more than one time across ALL repos, meaning every single GitHub repo requires a unique deploy key. As a result, I can clone only one of the 40 some repos I would like to on my Plesk installation.

I would like to suggest the option to have a unique deploy key generated for every single repo you want to clone. That would make the Git extension infinitely more useful for me and many…

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Extensions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. a list of favorit plugins that can be installed and activadet in new wordpress with one klick.

possability of creating a list of favorit plugins, maybe markable too, that can be installed and started in a new wordpress installationen, with one or two klicks, all in one time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added the ability to create plugin/theme sets in WPT 2.5. You can add favorite plugins/themes from wordpress.org or upload your own. Sets can be selected and installed during the custom installation of WP, or you can select them in the Service Plan and preinstall them on a new subscription together with WordPress.

Reach us at https://talk.plesk.com/forums/plesk-extensions.725/ if you have feedback on this feature.

12. fail2ban now supports IPv6 - please upgrade

At some time you closed the request "fail2ban for IPv6" stating that fail2ban does not support it. That was no doubt correct at the time - but now it does, see https://github.com/fail2ban/fail2ban/tree/0.10

I'm seeing a lot of warnings in the fail2ban log on my dual stack servers, like this:

66:1000:b01c:10ab:0:1: [Errno -9] Address family for hostname not supported

and my log checking software is complaining to me about the overly long fail2ban log.

See also: https://ctrl.blog/entry/fail2ban-ipv6

Thanks! Tim.

174 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Security  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Implement DNS Certification Authority Authorization (CAA) resource record

Certification Authority Authorization (CAA), defined in RFC 6844, is a standard that allows domain name owners to control which CAs are allowed to issue certificates for their properties.

ssllabs.com has implemented the detection for this record when checking for the SSL grade they give. To prevent getting graded down and use state of the art techniques for ssl security I would usggest to allow adding those nameserver record.

RFC: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6844
    ssllabs announcement https://blog.qualys.com/ssllabs/2017/01/13/whats-new-ssl-labs-1-26-5

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  DNS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add an option to unlink a site from WordPress Toolkit list.

Hi. I have about 50 sites on my Plesk server. Some are Wordpress sites developed outside this server and uploaded after development ended. Once I scan the server, all Wordpress sites are added to the WordPress Toolkit list.
    The problem is not all customers are paying for regular bases maintenance so I don't want their website to be on my WordPress Toolkit list.
    Now I can't unlink any of the sites in the list.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Starting with WordPress Toolkit v5.9.2, permanent detachment is available. Once you detach a site from WordPress Toolkit, it stays detached forever. If you need to make a detached site visible to WordPress Toolkit again, remove the .wp-toolkit-ignore file from the site's home directory and run Scan.

--AK

15. backup only database

backup only database daily. not with all file..
    for me my DB only 200mb and site 5GO...

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Plesk Obsidian 18.0.54, published July 18th, 2023, Plesk has added the ability to back up databases separately from other website  content by splitting the “User files and databases” checkbox into  separate “Databases” and “User files” checkboxes in Backup Manager.

Please let us know your thoughts and ideas on further improvements on this new feature.

-- PD

16. Autoconfigure NGINX for WordPress Permalinks

WordPress Permalinks are not working with Nginx.
    The Webpage shows the error: wordpress 404 ngix
    The URL-rewriting with other Permalinks than pageID is not working with Nginx.

Implementing this seems not easy (for me), just when you also want to use a WP caching tool.
    Have a look here:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Nginx

Please implement this out of the box by activating with checkbox etc...

Thanks

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  WP Toolkit  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have addressed this request to a certain (reasonable) extent. Specifically:

• WP permalinks will work if nginx works in the nginx-only mode for a website, serving FPM
    • WP permalinks won’t work if nginx is working as a proxy in front of Apache
    • WP permalinks won’t work in case of custom error pages.

This change is available since around WPT 4.3.2. Let us know if you have any questions or comments on our forum: https://talk.plesk.com/forums/wordpress-toolkit.750/

—AK

17. WordPress migration tool

Add WordPress migration tool

Please add a WordPress migration tool where one can move the hole WordPress installation within a domain to another domain or subdomain,
    - on the same Server inside Plesk
    - to another Server with Plesk installation
    - to another Server with different OS like from Windows IIS to Linux Apache / NGINX (with rewriting the permissions from web.config to .htacces and all other necessary files and the other way round)
    Thanks.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  WP Toolkit  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

WordPress Toolkit v2.0 adds the cloning functionality that allows you to create a copy of your WordPress instance anywhere on the same server.

Also, the latest version of Plesk Migrator enhances the WordPress Toolkit by adding the ability to take over remote WordPress instances, migrating them to your server.

Both extensions are available right now.

If you have any feedback about this functionality, please use our forum:
    https://talk.plesk.com/forums/plesk-extensions.725/.

—AK

18. to do an upgrade of roundcube for plesk 17 to version 1.2.3

This week a critical security issue for roundcube has been reported: https://blog.ripstech.com/2016/roundcube-command-execution-via-email/
    This is present in all roundcube versions below 1.2.3
    Thank you very much.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Security  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Roundcube was updated in Plesk Onyx 17.8.11. We suggest you to upgrade to Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 MU1 and check it out (https://docs.plesk.com/release-notes/onyx/change-log/#contents-17811-mu1).

The Roundcube also was updated in Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 MU29 (https://docs.plesk.com/release-notes/onyx/change-log/#contents-1753-mu29) and Plesk Onyx 17.0.17 MU40 (https://docs.plesk.com/release-notes/onyx/change-log/#contents-17017-mu40).

Let us know if you have any feedback

— AY

19. Add passive FTP to default Plesk Config and Firewall rule

Right now it's required to add the passive FTP range in the FTP config and then add another firewall rule to let the clients access it.

Please make this default to the FTP config or at least configurable in the server security settings or even in the global FTP settings page.

Thanks!

Firwall rules
    Name: z.B Passive FTP-Transfer
    Direction: Incoming
    Action: Allow
    Ports: e.g. 49150 - 65000 TCP (don't use ports below 10000 for security reasons)
    File: /etc/proftpd.conf
    Between <global> and </global> add the following lines:
    PassivePorts 49150 65000
    Restart service: service xinetd restart

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here