I suggest you ...

import/export tool for DNS Records

imagine you get a domain with thousands of dns records and you have to create each by your self in plesk!!!

48 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tomislav Kotulenko shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your input!

Could you please explain your request in more detail? What DNS server software or Hosting Panel will be used as a source for export/import? What format do you want to use as an input for such tool (BIND? CSV, SQL, other)? What format do you want to get as an output from such tool?

As a workaround, you can try to automate this with CLI. Documentation about DNS CLI in Plesk: https://docs.plesk.com/en-US/onyx/cli-linux/using-command-line-utilities/dns-dns-zones-on-domains.37771/

— AY

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bryan S. Katz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't speak for the original poster, but I'd be using such a tool for cross-verification with other systems -- like my firewalls, my routers, and especially my backup/secondary dns server. I'd also use it when I spin up a new server -- also plesk-controlled, of course -- as a migration step. As always, CSV would be best. Yes I could certainly use CLI to do such things, but that's plesk-specific, and server-level migration issues, especially across plesk versions, are scary enough. They are always better with straight-up lists of values, without worrying that my ten-year old CLI commands are somehow out-of-date..

Feedback and Knowledge Base