I suggest you ...

import/export tool for DNS Records

imagine you get a domain with thousands of dns records and you have to create each by your self in plesk!!!

63 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tomislav Kotulenko shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tomislav Kotulenko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, we often get zonefiles from our new customers who are transfering the domains and their webhosts to us. Mostly the customers have modified zonefiles with a lot of records. (one of the last ones hat over 200 various A Records) ... It takes much time until all the records are set manually.

creating a csv from zonefile takes a few minutes ...

• Bryan S. Katz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't speak for the original poster, but I'd be using such a tool for cross-verification with other systems -- like my firewalls, my routers, and especially my backup/secondary dns server. I'd also use it when I spin up a new server -- also plesk-controlled, of course -- as a migration step. As always, CSV would be best. Yes I could certainly use CLI to do such things, but that's plesk-specific, and server-level migration issues, especially across plesk versions, are scary enough. They are always better with straight-up lists of values, without worrying that my ten-year old CLI commands are somehow out-of-date..

Feedback and Knowledge Base