Skip to content

Feature Suggestions

Please provide here your suggestion for new functionality for Plesk. We encourage you to review and vote for suggestions of others. The top-ranked suggestions are likely to be included in the next versions of Plesk.

Please write in English so that voters from all over the world can read and support your request.

For technical assistance, contact Plesk support
For questions, bug reports, discussions and free assistance, check our Forum and Facebook page
For additional information, see Documentation, Knowledge Base and Blog
Follow us on Twitter for more news on Plesk development

Off-topic posts will be removed from here

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

426 results found

1. Checking Wordpress Plugins/Themes against the Wpvulndb

The Wordpress Toolkit utilities in Onyx are awesome, but it would be pretty cool it could also check currently installed plugins/themes(versions) against the WPScan Vulnerability Database https://wpvulndb.com/ or some similar service so that known vulnerabilities could be highlighted, or automatically forced to be updated...

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  WP Toolkit  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. roundcube plugin sieverules is abandoned

Please pay attation for the next releases:
    https://plugins.roundcube.net/packages/johndoh/sieverules

Maybe you can use:
    roundcube/managesieve (default plugin)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow controlling the Enable 32-Bit Applications flag

Add a feature that allows Customers/Administrators to control the "Enable 32-Bit Applications" flag on the Application Pools in Plesk for Windows

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide a GUI updater for MariaDB and MySQL

Hello,

Would it be possible to update the mySQL or MariaDB to newer version in the plesk panel like it is in cPanel?

Thanks in advance.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Databases  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Available starting Plesk 18.0.60 version.

We are glad to announce that the ability to upgrade MariaDB database servers to the latest version in the LTS branch via the Plesk interface is no longer in beta! We thank everyone who tried the beta version for their participation and feedback.

To access this feature, go to Tools & Settings > Database Servers (under “Applications & Databases”), and then click Upgrade Now next to an eligible MariaDB database server.

--AA

5. fail2ban now supports IPv6 - please upgrade

At some time you closed the request "fail2ban for IPv6" stating that fail2ban does not support it. That was no doubt correct at the time - but now it does, see https://github.com/fail2ban/fail2ban/tree/0.10

I'm seeing a lot of warnings in the fail2ban log on my dual stack servers, like this:

66:1000:b01c:10ab:0:1: [Errno -9] Address family for hostname not supported

and my log checking software is complaining to me about the overly long fail2ban log.

See also: https://ctrl.blog/entry/fail2ban-ipv6

Thanks! Tim.

174 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Security  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow fetching action log via CLI or store it at /var/log/plesk

Would be nice to have a log viewer added to plesk cli via something like: plesk bin action_log

Or just logging to a file in /var/log/plesk

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add customization option for "Configure Email Client" window

Suggest adding the ability to customize Domains > example.com > Email Addresses > Mail information" pop-up help icon. The following sections should be editable:
    Configure Email Client
    Manual Setup

Currently it is hard-coded and it's not possible to officially customize the text, or, say, the link that leads to Plesk documentation that describes basic setup steps on default ports.

Reasoning:

1. The outgoing server port 25 is blocked by most ISPs and will not work, we encourage SSL/TLS encryption on port 465

2. Incoming Server Ports, we encourage SSL/TLS encryption on IMAP port 993 or POP port 995

3. We encourage our clients…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 431 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Security  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Possibility to force SSL on Webmail

Some users don't know why they should enter https:// if they have to access webmail, they use http://
    http is insecure. Easpecially in combination with unencrypted wireless connections.
    Actually you have to go into the plesk code to set this function somewhere. Why does plesk provide the webmail-login insecure by default?
    If you have setup an Domain Certificate, at least then plesk should offer the option to force ssl on accessing webmail.mydomain.??

135 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Security  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi!

The functionality is now available:
    1. Linux: in the SSL It! Plesk Extension: https://ext.plesk.com/packages/3c4117f6-c05c-4d3b-9173-60f10096a9c4-sslit
    2. Windows: in Plesk Obsidian (by default if SSL is turned on for the domain)

How to find it in SSL It! Extension:
    1. install SSL It! Extension (it’s available for Plesk 17.8+)
    2. go to > SSL/TLS Certificates
    3. if there is no SSL Certificate installed on the domain – issue one (using, for example, free Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate)
    4. if an SSL Certificate is installed on the domain, there is a switcher “HTTPHTTPS redirect”, this switcher has an option “Webmail”, turn it on.
    5. Additionally, you can setup HSTS (for webmail too)
    6. Voila!

We would appreciate hearing your feedback on the implementation of this functionality. Thanks in advance!

— rk

10. 295 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

110 comments  ·  Security  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In  Plesk 18.0.54, published July 18th, 2023, Plesk has added the ability  to add Transport Layer Security Authentication (TLSA) DNS records to  domains’ DNS zones in Plesk. Such records are most commonly used to  implement DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE). With this  update the most popular DANE scenario is covered in Plesk for Linux.

Now, with Plesk 18.0.56, published October 10th, 2023, the SSL It! extension supports DANE that ensures reliable encryption for email transport. When a Let’s Encrypt certificate is being issued, TLSA DNS records of  email services will now automatically contain information about the  certificate.

Please let us know your thoughts on this feature or whether you require additional functions.

-- PD

11. Multiple users for the Git extension

It would be great if it would be possible to create multiple users which can use the Git repository. Today only one user can access the Git repository. It is the admin user which was created during the creation of the subdomain. New created Web Users for the subdomain can not access the Git repository. It is a feature which I am missing because I wanted to host a private Git repository for our small private team.

https://talk.plesk.com/threads/can-not-create-new-users-for-local-git-repository.342409/

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Extensions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! In the Git Extension 2.4.0, published January 26th, 2023, this feature became available: 

Previously, only the system user had access to all repositories  in a subscription, but now Plesk added the ability to select users who can access a local repository via HTTP/HTTPS.

You can now select additional users when creating a  local repository or changing the settings of an existing one. These  users can pull and push to a local repository via HTTP/HTTPS using their credentials.

-- PD

12. Generate a deploy key per repo in the Git extension

Currently, the Git extension only generates one deploy key per Plesk user (according to @PleskHelps on Twitter). Unfortunately, GitHub doesn't allow a deploy key to be used more than one time across ALL repos, meaning every single GitHub repo requires a unique deploy key. As a result, I can clone only one of the 40 some repos I would like to on my Plesk installation.

I would like to suggest the option to have a unique deploy key generated for every single repo you want to clone. That would make the Git extension infinitely more useful for me and many…

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Extensions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add C3, C4 and C5 instance types to the Plesk Onyx AMIs

For Amazon AWS add C3, C4 and C5 instance types to the Plesk Onyx AMIs.

C5 instance types in particular "C5 instances offer the lowest price per vCPU in the Amazon EC2 family and are ideal for running advanced compute-intensive workloads. This includes workloads such as high performance web servers..." AWS

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clouds  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Forced instance prefix for database

I'd like to have the ability to force a database-prefix of up to five characters for the plesk instance (alternative for a specific ext. databaseServer) for both databases and databaseUsers.

I use a MariaDB-cluster for my customers and there are multiple reasons I like to see such a feature:
    - For security reasons: I don't like that the internal plesk-admin user has access to all databases - even if they do not belong to the instance domain's / customers. If the server would be hacked and somehow the mysql-admin-password extracted all my customers would be affected. With a prefix (e.g.…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Databases  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This functionality is now available in the latest Plesk Obsidian 18.0.49 ("Added the ability to run Plesk with a centralized database"). The feature is currently in Beta. We encourage you to check the implementation and let us know what you think. All required information could be found in Plesk Documentation by the link https://docs.plesk.com/en-US/obsidian/deployment-guide/plesk-for-linux-plesk-installation-without-the-local-database.79703/ ("PLESK_DB_DSN_PREFIX")

We would appreciate hearing your feedback on the implementation of this functionality. Thanks in advance!

— AY

15. plesk control pages should include robots noindex metatag

All PLESK control panel pages (:8443) should include a robots "noindex" metatag in the <head>-section, so Google would not index them at random.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Implement DNS Certification Authority Authorization (CAA) resource record

Certification Authority Authorization (CAA), defined in RFC 6844, is a standard that allows domain name owners to control which CAs are allowed to issue certificates for their properties.

ssllabs.com has implemented the detection for this record when checking for the SSL grade they give. To prevent getting graded down and use state of the art techniques for ssl security I would usggest to allow adding those nameserver record.

RFC: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6844
    ssllabs announcement https://blog.qualys.com/ssllabs/2017/01/13/whats-new-ssl-labs-1-26-5

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  DNS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Set a senders email address for Plesk notifications

I am sending mails from an external server, my Plesk Servers do not even have mail setup. Plesk offers the option to send notification mails (like backup errors,...) using an external SMTP server, but all mails get sent using the mail address
    root@servername.domain.tld

My SMTP server does not have this mail address or even domain setup. I would like to set a custom email address for Plesk to send mails from in order to not have to set up a domain and mail address for every Plesk server.

194 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show File Name And Selected File Number

When the user tried to delete file(s) via "Files" tab, it says that:
    Are you sure you want to permanently remove the selected files and directories?

There is no information about file name and selected file numbers.

So the users may not sure what they delete.

Show file name and selected file numbers before deleting.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Compile nginx with mod_security

Basically, the title says it all.
    It can be done manually but then we wont be able to configure mod_security (rules, detection level, fail2ban) in Plesk.

Please include mod_security in nginx.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Security  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Graphical interface for Resource Controller (cgroups)

Create a graphical interface in case you have enabled CCgroups. Show in customer Panel graphs about cpu, ram, disk io like the plugin lve from cloudlinux

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This functionality is now available in the latest version of the Advanced Monitoring extension. We encourage you to check the implementation and let us know what you think.

Please visit the following forum thread to learn how to access the functionality: https://talk.plesk.com/threads/advanced-monitoring-extension-in-plesk.352727/post-888117

— AY

1 2 6 8 10 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base