I suggest you ...

Memcached support

Include memcache and settings for ram etc as standard.

366 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

H.K shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Luis Enrique commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seria Genial que incorcorala algun mod para Memcached, una buena solucion para aquellos que son principiantes como su servidor, claro esta que aun que ya existen manuales de como instarlo. no me siento seguro de que los manuales de instalacion sean 100% efectivos.

• Metric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why would you make us go through Docker for installing Memcached? please develop without needing Docker.
    Thanks

• Mate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, do not tell us to use Varnish or NGinx...
    Please just provide memcached as a php settting for 7.0, 7.2 and 7.2, this is all we need !
    Thanx

• Fube commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No, not something like docker...
    That's the worst implementation.

• Jan Löffler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sure Jan, with pleasure! We launched Plesk Onyx 17.8 last month which comes with free NGINX caching. You can control all cache settings easily by domain from the Plesk UI. Based on our intensive benchmarks with Varnish, NGINX, Memcached, Redis, WordPress Caching plugins (e.g. WP Super Cache, WP Rocket, W3 Total Cache) NGINX had the best out-of-the-box results. This is why we integrated it. With Varnish we achieved the very best results, but it requires a lot of experience in tuning. To simplify the very best caching, we just launched "Speed Kit" today which is Varnish and CDN based with an additional super efficient In-Browser Caching. This Pro Extension for Plesk was build with a Partner of Plesk that have put 30 man years in caching experience into the product. The result ist amazing. I would be very interested in your feedback!

• Jan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Jan L, you mentioned to "expect a new experience around caching in March 2018". This is now one month ago, can you elaborate a bit more if we can still expect this and how this experience should look like?
    thanks
    Jan

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Docker also doesn't work with CloudLinux. The Docker solution is nowhere good enough!

• Jan L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Armin: We'll deliver something that suits your needs. Expect a new experience around caching in March 2018.

• Armin Kirchhoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear All

i have a similar setup, i am not allowed to run a extra vm inside my vm.
    thereforce i please you to also add a other option to run this without the overhead of a extra vm(docker) only to run ONE similar service more on a server, which usally runs on a debian/ubuntu based system which leads only to add one more service physically

• Ingrid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You could also install it on an different machine!

GO FOR BARE METAL PHP70, 71, 72 !!

• Jan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Wack Docker is supported in Virtuozzo 7. If you can convince your provider to upgrade Virtuozzo you can also use Docker with Plesk.

• Wack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Docker container are not working in some virtual environments. Our Provider uses Parallels Virtuozzo and it is not allowed to use Docker because of trouble with Virtuozzo . So Docker doesn´t help us.

• Ann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BARE METAL! - do it and do it php7 ;-)

otherwise we could start an VM inside the VM with a Docker inside handling memcached :-D

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With so many websites now being powered by web applications like WordPress, it just seems like Memcached should already be a extension option in the Plesk Php extensions. I really hope this gets treated more seriously and added as soon as possible.

• Rene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can´t use memcache as a Docker container, because Docker is not working on the VM

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base