Feature Suggestions

Please provide here your suggestion for new functionality for Plesk. We encourage you to review and vote for suggestions of others. The top-ranked suggestions are likely to be included in the next versions of Plesk.

Please write in English so that voters from all over the world can read and support your request.

For technical assistance, contact Plesk support
For questions, bug reports, discussions and free assistance, check our Forum and Facebook page
For additional information, see Documentation, Knowledge Base and Blog
Follow us on Twitter for more news on Plesk development

Off-topic posts will be removed from here

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. sort, archive or filter (not spam) email on server directly when received

I'm using different (imap) clients on different devices to read emails. Many of them can be sorted / filtered / archived in specific subfolders by subject, sender or similar.
    Most - but not all - clients can be configured to do so - but this means also to reconfigure several clients on rule changes.

So i'd like to suggest the possibility to handle emails on receiving on the server.
    E.g:
    - if sender ends with "domain.foo" or subject contains "project bar" then move to folder bar and mark as read
    - if sender is "foo@domain.bar" forward to "…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mail Delivery Reports

Hi

I have tried to see if this idea has been mentioned but have not found one yet.

For a long time with my hosting provider i have been using WHM and since we have had to move to a new host and start to use plesk we are finding it great but missing a certain feature which we think could help other people and their clients as we get asked if we can check this from time to time.

Once feature we thought was great in WHM was the Mail Delivery Reports If somthing like this can be implemented…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Custom Email Server Help Tips

The settings for mail servers have a help tip in the email addresses management page, and in the users' Plesk Account pages.

If a Plesk server is set up strictly as a mail server, and has DNS handled remotely, the settings in the Help Tips can be incorrect.

Currently the tips only show the server as the root domain even if the mail server's actual DNS points (as an example) mail.domain.tld to the server, requiring the settings to include the subdomain.

If I add the domain as "subdomain.domain.tld" in settings, then the server tips are correct but the email addresses…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. allow changing the percentage when the mail quota warning is sent

Allow changing the percentage when the mail quota warning is sent, in small sized mailboxes the 95% could be almost to late.
    So it would be good to have an option to adjust it for example to 85% or other values.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Access webmail from Plesk interface

Please add functionality to access webmail from Plesk interface without using a password.
    The same functionality is enabled in cPanel. Please see section "Access webmail from the cPanel interface" of documentation:
    https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/How+to+Log+in+to+Your+Server+or+Account#HowtoLogintoYourServerorAccount-AccessWebmaildirectly

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Increase the logs available in MailEnable after log rotation

When installing Plesk with MailEnable, by default Plesk removes MailEnable logfiles every 24 hours.

According to this KB (https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001102353), this functionality is made in purpose to optimize mail statistics, but this is not acceptable.

Additionally, you are offering the possibility to apply this workaround (https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213397889), but this workaround is not valid for us because we don't want to customize the FTP and HTTP logs location and we have the log files in different disk volumes.

Please, provide the possibility to configure the log rotation settings for MailEnable respecting our hosting company needs.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Implement push notifications to iOS devices from mail server

Implement push notifications to iOS devices from mail server.

Here are details of what I mean: using a patched version of Dovecot and a small Perl script, it's possible to get native Apple push notifications for new mail using the stock iOS mail client. This is accomplished by mimicking Apple's XAPPLEPUSHSERVICE IMAP extension for Dovecot used in macOS Server, whose source code is published on the Apple Open Source website. See more details here: http://bit.ly/2H8NERJ

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. All Outgoing messages be encrypted by Plesk

Currently Plesk Mail certificate only secure POP/SMTP and IMAP connections, would like a feature to encrypt outgoing messages itself.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

open discussion  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Plesk admin control panel warning if any mailbox is reaching limits

Presently, I normally learn that a client has a full mailbox when they call with email issue. I am thinking it would be nice if when I login the Plesk admin control panel, it would be nice if a small area could show if any mailboxes were at 95% or great capacity. Maybe call it Mail Level Monitor. Then if I could decide to up the level, or contact the client to talk about mail client settings & mail management. A proactive approach.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Non existant mail accounts

Create a new option for mail to nonexistant mail in a domain, an option that allow discard this kind of mails. Actual options can cause unlimited bouncing if sender domain doesn't exist.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Function to set automatically or by clicking delete Trash and Spam mails of selected subscriptions

Plesk is easy to use for everyone.
    But you can't easily delete the spam mails or trash of all your customers mailboxes.

A new feature where you can set: Delete items in Spam older than 90 Days and delete items in trash older than 60 Days for specific subscriptions will be really nice.

...much customers let spam and trash boxes grow up to 5000+ Mails - that's using resources for nothing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dovecot shipped with Plesk should support Full Text Search

Dovecot shipped with Plesk should support Full Text Search. It is critical in case of large mailboxes ~1Tb

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Implement option to enable and disable "auto delete any emails flagged as spam by SA" when "Apply individual settings to spam filtering" opt

Details: In individual mailbox, there should be an option (checkbox) to delete spam by SpamAssassin.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. message size limit per mailbox

Hi Plesk Team,

we are facing problem with mail message size, server-wide message size is ok, but what about domain-wide means,if I want to set for particular mail id messaging size( attachment size) is 6MB than 5 MB of server-wide.is it work or not? Please fix this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Leave behind the INBOX prefix for IMAP or at least make this configurable

Leave behind the INBOX prefix for IMAP or at least make this configurable

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. View a board of Smtp queue

View a board of Smtp queue list to see if Serveur is working correctly and if nothing stop the serveur during sending messages

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. msmtp change sender

when we use external smtp server, sender need to be real mailbox not psaadm@locahost..

so we must go in "/etc/msmtprc" to change
    auto_from off
    from name@domaine.com

but this file can be overwrite....

i think we need extras options configuration in panel
    for you information, i spend near 2 days to find this issue..

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow spaces in passwords.

I have been having all of my users use a sentence for their passwords. without spaces this is really going to confuse them. Just switching to plesk now.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change Postfix and DrWeb bounce messages

Is was very helpful if we could change the text of the messages of DrWeb and Postfix bounce messages inside Plesk.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Spam E-mail - Black List

increase the Black List and White List field in Spam setting, if possible improve the rules, since some e- mails pass even when configured

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base