Feature Suggestions

Please provide here your suggestion for new functionality for Plesk. We encourage you to review and vote for suggestions of others. The top-ranked suggestions are likely to be included in the next versions of Plesk.

Please write in English so that voters from all over the world can read and support your request.

For technical assistance, contact Plesk support
For questions, bug reports, discussions and free assistance, check our Forum and Facebook page
For additional information, see Documentation, Knowledge Base and Blog
Follow us on Twitter for more news on Plesk development

Off-topic posts will be removed from here

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have an option to deliver email addressed to VERP-style email addresses.

Postfix already has the option, but it doesn't seem to be supported on Plesk.

I want to use VERP so I can automatically process bounce messages with a script. I send out bulk email with a return-path like bounces+uid-john=example.com@ourdomain.com and I want the bounces to be delivered to bounces@ourdomain.com

Postfix has the configuration parameter recipient_delimiter. If I set that in /etc/postfix/main.cf, the server accepts the email and passes it to plesk_virtual. But then it is silently discarded instead of being delivered to the bounces mailbox.

The only way I see with the current set up to deliver these messages…

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add description to trusted ip address on fail2ban

Add description/comment field to trusted ip address on fail2ban

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

open discussion  ·  19 comments  ·  Usability and UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Temporary FTP accounts (with expire date)

It would be great to have ftp account with an expire date.
    A sort of temporary ftp accounts.

This becomes really usefull when you need to share your ftp details temporary with a webdeveloper, or somebody else to maintain of check an website.

I always make a new FTP account for this sort of events, but then forget to delete them. It would be real nice if you could set a expire date that the account automaticly blocks itself after that date is past.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Docker Compose to use over the admin panel

I would like to administrate multiple Docker container via Compose, editable over the Admin panel. Some easy deploying mechanism including the Volumes of the container from my local machine over upload or git would be nice.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Docker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. provide more nginx options

Have the ability to provide more Nginx builds/packages. For example, offer a 'nginx-full'-package with more modules.

For example, I need the Nginx headers more module. Since this need to be built-in at compile time, it isn't possible to add this later on. So that would mean replace the Plesk version of Nginx with the distro-default. (Heck, why does Plesk need it's own Nginx-build, anyway?)

No, passing headers from Apache is not an option, especially when I'm using the Nginx - PHP-FPM setup.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Web / HTTP functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add caldav and carddav Server Funktion

A carddav and caldav Server

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

open discussion  ·  13 comments  ·  Plesk (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Compile PHP 7.2 with Argon2

Argon2 is a new feature of PHP 7.2 as stated here: http://php.net/releases/7_2_0.php. It won the password hashing competition and is the recommended hashing algorithm.

It must be enabled my re-compiling PHP 7.2 with `--with-password-argon2`.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Web / PHP  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow using a centralized SmarterMail Server for BOTH LINUX and WINDOWS Plesk installations

The implementation of the centralized smartermail in plesk onyx for windows is good, but it should also be possible to integrate this feature into the linux edition.

Many hosters provide both windows and linux hosting with ONE centralised mail solution. Since the integration for winodws is already done I suppose it shouldn't be too hard to integrate it into the linux version as well since smartermail is completely API based.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. show the last time a mailbox was accessed by the user

This would allow you to see mailboxes that are no longer in use.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create daily md5-hashes of the web-content of a domain, to quickly identify tampering or hacking.

Let Plesk on every night optionally create/compare md5-hashes from all files in the domains storage-space (web,httpdoc,ftp) and update this in a simple list (database), sortable by date of last change, size, number of changes. Indicating "changed files in the last xx days" to have a time-window to drill down.

In addition, accumulate all vhosts together into a seperate "Admin-View", where ALL domains are put together alphabetically.

Add an additional button "snapshot", so one could create a list of all webfiles on request. For example, when an incident has been cleaned, then click "snapshot" and then wait some time to see…

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

open discussion  ·  3 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. provide a way to see why a subscription is locked

Many times I find that some subscriptions won't sync because they are locked. I'd really like to know why they are locked. So far, I've been able to unlock & sync with no noticeable changes. But I'm left wondering what caused the lock in the first place. And I'm afraid that I'll realize later something no longer works as expected.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Business Logic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Renew a subscription

Ability to renew a subscription based on the subscription plan's configured subscription expiry date.

So if a subscription expires in ten days from now and it's subscription plan is set to expire in one year, I would like to be able to click a Renew button to extend the subscription with one more expiry unit (1 year in this case, 2 years if the subscription plan would have been set to expire every two years).

Also show renewal date in the list and sort by renewal date

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

open discussion  ·  8 comments  ·  Plesk (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Use Lets Encrypt to secure FTPs connections

Hi,

I usually use the ftp.site.com subdomain for the client FTP connections.
    And to secure those connections I enabled FTPs. But at this point the users receive a certificate host name mismatch because the FTPs connection is being setup using the VPS Lets Encrypt cert.

It would be nice to use the Lets Encrypt certificate service also to secure the FTPs connections.

Thanks!

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Wildfly support

Implement http://www.wildfly.org/ instead of deprecated Tomcat

Created according to the comment from this article https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000322173?page=1#comment_360000633734

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Web Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Complete DMARC Support

The DMARC support in Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 ist incomplete. If an incoming email is rejected due to a DMARC fail there is no mailer daemon generated to inform the sender of this email.

Please add this important feature to DMARC support. Otherwise it would not be usable for most customers.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fail2ban setting findtime per Jail

In Fail2ban (great idea to include it in plesk!) settings you can set "Time interval for detection of subsequent attacks" (findtime) in general. But it would be interesting this setting per Jail.
    Why?
    you could have 2 jail with same filter but different findtime. Example:
    Jail 1) 5 failures in 600 seconds: 1800 seconds ban
    Jail 2) 30 failures in 86400 seconds: 604800 seconds ban

There are bots that detect if you have some protection fail2ban or similar and it will adapt, login attempt every 300 seconds for example. Jail 1 no detect this attack, but Jail 2 yes.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

open discussion  ·  7 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Multiple users for the Git extension

It would be great if it would be possible to create multiple users which can use the Git repository. Today only one user can access the Git repository. It is the admin user which was created during the creation of the subdomain. New created Web Users for the subdomain can not access the Git repository. It is a feature which I am missing because I wanted to host a private Git repository for our small private team.

https://talk.plesk.com/threads/can-not-create-new-users-for-local-git-repository.342409/

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Backup manager: Include Docker containers

Currently docker containers are skipped by the backup manager, would be great to include them as well.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Docker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. add an SPF record to the DNS template

SPF information is so far entered through the TXT record. Adding the emerging new SPF record would make sense.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

open discussion  ·  5 comments  ·  DNS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Trash folder in the server (please)

When you eliminate some file or folder for mistake a folder of recycling does not exist to be able to restore it, only with the backup but not always it has been done

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Backup / Restore  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base