Skip to content

Feature Suggestions

Please provide here your suggestion for new functionality for Plesk. We encourage you to review and vote for suggestions of others. The top-ranked suggestions are likely to be included in the next versions of Plesk.

Please write in English so that voters from all over the world can read and support your request.

For technical assistance, contact Plesk support
For questions, bug reports, discussions and free assistance, check our Forum and Facebook page
For additional information, see Documentation, Knowledge Base and Blog
Follow us on Twitter for more news on Plesk development

Off-topic posts will be removed from here

• or

111 results found

1. Run docker containers as subscription user

Currently all containers are run as root user, however when mapping persistent volumes into subscription directories e.g. databases/config/logs, the UID that runs inside the containers are not linked to a UID outside, so containers that have restrictive file permissions (i.e. 600) in the persistent volumes, when subscription level actions are run e.g. backups, these files are not accessible by the subscription user.
    Would be nice to specify a subscription user to run the docker container with (on docker cli it is possible to pass the user flag along with a UID) so that the resulting files are accessible by the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Docker  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add third party installations, paths/directories to your plesk backup

I would like to be able to add custom paths to plesk backup that i can backup different third party installations and folders. For Example i have a gitlab and mosquitto on my root server running unfortunately they are not getting backuped up by plesk. If it possible i would like to have a whole backup of all data on my server in one location. So please make it possible that we can add custom paths to plesk backup and restore them together or separately, it is not necessary to fullfill all dependencies, that would be great in addition that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. how can i change the temp folder in my shared hosting

I have uploaded a project on my shared hosting and I am unable to upload any single image. Only got an error "could not able to move in the uploads folder"
    When I did Research on it more, than I found that the temp folder path is not set correctly, currently it is showing as C:/windows/Temp/
    but I have a shared hosting and I have a temp folder on my root folder and I want to get my php.ini file changed with the new folder path as my hosted temp folder.

Could you please change it for me. I am…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. bhyve

Please, include bhyve to virtual environment host.
    sudo dmesg
    [ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuset
    [ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu
    [ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuacct
    [ 0.000000] Linux version 4.4.0-130-generic (buildd@lgw01-amd64-039) (gcc version 5.4.0 20160609 (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.9) ) #156-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 14 08:53:28 UTC 2018 (Ubuntu 4.4.0-130.156-generic 4.4.134)
    [ 0.000000] Command line: console=ttyS0 BOOTIMAGE=/vmlinuz-4.4.0-130-generic root=/dev/mapper/hospedagem--vg-root ro
    [ 0.000000] KERNEL supported cpus:
    [ 0.000000] Intel GenuineIntel
    [ 0.000000] AMD AuthenticAMD
    [ 0.000000] Centaur CentaurHauls
    [ 0.000000] x86/fpu: xstate
    offset[2]: 576, xstate_sizes[2]: 256
    [ 0.000000] x86/fpu: Supporting XSAVE feature 0x01: 'x87 floating point registers'
    [ 0.000000]…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  IgorG responded

Thank you for your input!
    Unfortunately, we have to close your request, because over the years it has not become quite popular for further implementation.

IG

5. Extend CLI certificate command to allow updating certificate components (not just name)

I'm using an own bash script as a wrapper around acme.sh to generate Lets Encrypt certificates. Because I need things like "mail." subdomains which can only be verified by acme.sh when the domain is the IP default, the "mail." does not exist explicitly as a domain, just an A record. The wrapper script also has the option to copy the cert to Dovecot, Postfix and ProFTPD.

When I first create a certificate, I can use Plesk CLI "certificate" to add it to Plesk, then I must assign it - once - in the GUI. I had hoped / assumed that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Сhange type of notifications via CLI using the utility plesk sbin crontabmng

Please add feature to change type of notification (do not notify, errors only, every time) about scheduled task completion via CLI with plesk sbin crontabmng utility
    Currently, to change such notifications (via CLI) not only values in database need to be changed but also values for SendMailOnlyIfFail option in C:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\Schedules\psaadm, C:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\Schedules\Root files.

Such steps are not ideal while changing the settings for a large number of servers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Dedicated PHP FPM Handler - Chrooted Environment

Actually, the fpm dedicated handler would be perfect for a native PHP FPM jail to get rid of open_basedir (cause of disabled realpath_cache).

It would be great to get an option to enable "PHP Chrooted Mode" if dedicated handler is set.

Benefits:
    * Native Chrooted FPM-Handler
    * Active Realpath Cache (open_basedir could be safely disabled)
    * Massive Performance Improvement for any PHP based web app
    * More security, because fpm handles the jail instead of php.ini

Template / Config Changes:

PHP-FPM Config

Set "chroot" Option inside generated fpm pool config:
    /var/www/vhosts/system/<domain>/etc/php-fpm.conf

chroot =
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web / PHP  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Migrating several servers to one without changing registrar parameters

The intention is that every reseller will get a separate basic IP (default) and optional additional IPs that he can use for special purposes.

All of these IPs shall be different from the server IP.

As a result: can we expect that the SSH access by IP is limited to the given reseller package so that he cannot see other reseller packages that exist in parallel and he never should see things you normally see if you are Admin of the total server.

Example:
    server has IP 86.86.86.86, hostname xcs2.example.com, root access only for us as a provider. We have…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The feature requests contains at least two different requests. The headline does not match the content. The content is asking for features that already exist (e.g. chrooted SSH access). It also sounds as if it asks for something that is technically impossible for a panel (KVM virtualization, separate, caged virtual servers that can be rebooted --> task of a virtualization environment, not a control panel). We are sorry, but this feature request cannot be accepted as it is right now. Please

- match headline and content

- request only one feature per request

-- PD

9. Some Improvements and Options for the ftp server

If you give the Login data to a Customer you normaly don´t want the next Customer to get access to the data (Sensible Datas) via the same login.

So i´d say it would be practical if the password would change per login and that you´d get a notification Email that the Customer had logged in and the new automaticaly generated password for the next login with the same Username (requires a registred Email adress per Username for notification).

Also it´d be usefull if the notification Email would Include a Direct Link to the ftp adress to add and remove Data…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Insert username in physical path of users's virtual host

Would be great to make virtual host's directories structure depending on username instead of main domain name. Or make it a switching option. Or add username in a path.
    Examples:
    <plesk_vhosts_dir><username><docroot>
    or
    <plesk
    vhostsdir><username><maindomainname><docroot>
    In order the structure of virtual hosts and related users would be clearer,

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please add ability to change the password of the psa_root admin for Plesk Onyx so we can connect to the psa database using port 8306

Plesk Onyx is setting a random password for the psa admin database and the connection to port 8306 using the default admin password is not possible.There is no way of retrieving or reseting the psa database admin password which is causing big trouble if we want to connect to the psa database or want to change the default database using plesk repair

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base