Skip to content

Feature Suggestions

Please provide here your suggestion for new functionality for Plesk. We encourage you to review and vote for suggestions of others. The top-ranked suggestions are likely to be included in the next versions of Plesk.

Please write in English so that voters from all over the world can read and support your request.

For technical assistance, contact Plesk support
For questions, bug reports, discussions and free assistance, check our Forum and Facebook page
For additional information, see Documentation, Knowledge Base and Blog
Follow us on Twitter for more news on Plesk development

Off-topic posts will be removed from here

• or

111 results found

1. Scheduled tasks Add user dropdown

When logged in with the main admin/root account click in the right hand column on "Scheduled Tasks" takes me to the Cron jobs that I can setup.

There is no indication as what system user will run the task? This has cuased a couple of my crons to fail and struggled to find the issue.

Eventually I found I needed to under Main nav - Server tab then to Scheduled Tasks.. this takes me to the users lists that I can set cons for specific users.

Very confusing!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Plesk 12.5, you can select the system user while creating a scheduled task. A drop-down menu was added for that purpose.

Note: You can specify a system user only for server-wide scheduled tasks, but not for scheduled tasks of a webspace (subscription). The system user of a webspace is used to run scheduled tasks of a webspace, and that user cannot be changed.

—ES

2. Backup via SSHFS

We have huge amounts of Backup Data (currently around 450gb per file). The whole process using FTP takes around ~ 13 hours to complete. Trying to restore something is a big bottleneck for us. Restoring from FTP is ****, and we searched for alternatives.

We decided to give SSHFS a try by mounting /var/lib/psa/dumps to the remote Server and disconfigured the FTP Settings. The result is annoying. The Backup now takes around 2,5 hours, the Plesk Backend is really fast now and local space is not consumed anymore!

So i suggest you to give SSHFS a try. It is like…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Restart services on failure using systemd

We've noticed that Plesk services like plesk-php72-fpm are sometimes killed by the out of memory killer or otherwise crash and require manual intervention by us. The services could be made more resilient by adding the following file to supplement Plesk's service file and reloading systemd.

cat /root/reload-on-fail.conf

[Service]
    Restart=on-failure
    RestartSec=5s

cp /root/reload-on-fail.conf /usr/lib/systemd/system/plesk-php*-fpm.service.d/reload-on-fail.conf && systemctl daemon-reload

I've also made an ansible playbook for this:
    https://gist.github.com/nbeernink/679b8c0bc635158b0ea4dfb96e10c7c5

Additionally, you can also add this to services like nginx, mysql/mariadb, dovecot and postfix and they will restart on failure as well.

However instead of us all running these playbooks on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Set up MX records for G Suite Gmail in one click

Would be nice to get some extension for plesk users so they can switch mx from default to G Suite Gmail in "one click".

Similar to Remote MX Wizard for cPanel
    https://www.gk-root.com/GK-Apps/Remote-MX-Wizard/

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DNS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Print all domains and associated subdomains along with their details on terminal

Hello,
    It would be great if you have the option to print all the domains, subdomains and aliases with their owner, document root and ip address on the terminal.
    I mean like the file /etc/userdatadomains in cPanel. It will help us a lot to speed up troubleshoot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can use command:

1. plesk bin domain -i domain.com

for getting all information about domain. Or

1. plesk bin subdomain -i sub.domain.com

For all domains use something like:

1. for i in `mysql -uadmin -p\`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow\` psa -Ns -e “select name from domains”`; do /usr/local/psa/bin/domain -i $i; done

You can modify this script as you want.

IG

7. Custom HTTP methods on Windows Servers

Only when Plesk creates a website will it create this entry at the website level in IIS in the handler mappings, pointing to this file "php-cgi.exe"

There is no PHP handler in the IIS root that allows me to configure the allowed verbs and that can be propagated to websites.

When Plesk creates a website, it has a set of settings that it applies to the website, which includes the creation of the handler to interpret .php files, the path of the executable that it installed itself and the allowed verbs.

I know that after creating a website and only…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. migration manager respect ssh config

migration manger via ssh keys ignores config in /root/.ssh/config

I want to migrate from a server I have to access via a jumphost. I have ssh config so that I can just "ssh sourceserver" at the command line. The migration manager ignores the config and cant be made to access the source server.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Migrations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Plesk advanced notifications settings

It would be great to add an additional tab in Tools & Settings > Notifications > Settings with some additional option:

1- Method of delivery:
    1.1 - Default (Using Plesk server)
    1.2 - External SMTP Authentication

2- Possibility to set a senders email address:
    2.1: root@hostname
    2.2: Plesk Admin email
    2.3: Custom email

3- Customize "Reply-To" email address

I could see that some of these options were already mentioned in your UserVoice, but the optimal solution is to add all of them together.

Here some of these existing requests:
    - https://plesk.uservoice.com/forums/184549-feature-suggestions/suggestions/16956373
    - https://plesk.uservoice.com/forums/184549-feature-suggestions/suggestions/34332496
    - https://plesk.uservoice.com/forums/184549-feature-suggestions/suggestions/19154149-mail-header-changing-when-plesk-sends-notification

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We agree that in an ideal world, adding all features at once would be perfect. Unfortunately each change must be carefully considered, planned and developed. To ensure a high quality we prefer developing functions step-by-step. We need to decline this request, but please feel free to vote for the separately listed features or add new feature requests regarding specific functions.

-- PD

10. Forbid customers to remove some specific folders via FileManager or FTP

It would be very helpful to add a new feature in Plesk in order to deny customers to remove some specific folders via FileManager or FTP.

For example:
    Currently, any customer can get in website root folder /var/www/vhost/example.com/ > Select all folders > Remove them. This can cause a big problem as it will remove error_docs, logs, httpdocs, GIT keys and other subdomain content.

With this new feature, Plesk administrator will be sure that these folders will not be deleted, however, the customer still will be able to create, modify, content from his folders.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Implement a disk space check for "plesk sbin pmm-ras" utility

Exporting a backup via "pmm-ras" utility may bring down the server because it ran out of disk space during the procedure:

plesk sbin pmm-ras --export-dump-as-file --dump-specification=backupinfo<timestamp>.xml --dump-file-specification=/root/backup.tar

Please improve the "pmm-ras" utility to check for free disk space before starting the operation to avoid these scenarios

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I think the best proposal is the security gap by niginx close :-) This is solved I once kindly informed 1blu. The men share so no what to

I think the best proposal is the security gap by niginx close :-)

This is solved I once kindly informed 1blu.

The men share so no what to if you but a root server that does not matter you can do stupid and it is not.

Therefore, we also have a A in SSL laps because we can nix * ggggggg *

Greet warp

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If we understood your request correctly, you would like us to shut down or remove nginx to close a security hole. Can you tell us which security hole you are talking about and why shutting down nginx is required for closing it?

upd: Unfortunately, we have to close this request as no information was provided for over a month.

—AK

13. Support for node-red

I miss node-red extension to install and setup for featuring my website with the web hosting pkg.
    For now, I'll take a second server with root, so I can access the shell and install everything to fulfill my tiny and simple but dynamically website with a MQTT broker. But it would be great if you could integrate it to the standard web hosting pkg.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Extensions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  IgorG responded

Upd: Sorry, we are closing the request as no information was provided for over a month.

IG

14. Change autoinstaller method

Plesk come with an auto installer, by default when you click on install, the application will be installed to root directory of your domain. If you want to install them in subdirectory, you need to click on Advanced.

Ie:

on domaine.xyz, i want to install Wordpress, it will be installed in httpdocs, but if i have already a website in, it will be erased. Is there any way to select as default " Advenced " ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Deny access to all dot files by default

A lot of web applications that are either built or simply installed on a website use dot files and folders, whether those be .htaccess, .git, .env, etc.

Generally speaking dot files and folders are used to store either sensitive files or backend configuration which you would never want users to be able to access.

By default Apache has some protection built-in to restrict accessing dot files, but Nginx does not. This creates a potential security risk, for example I might install a web application or build one which has dot files in the public root, these most likely would…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Show me why a domain is suspended!

Allow me to pull, from /usr/local/psa/bin or /usr/local/psa/admin/bin, why a domain is suspended. I am a support agent for (mt) Media Temple (one of your largest clients) and I cannot find why some domains are suspended.

In some cases you see things like: "Suspend domains until backup task" but in others it just says something like: "This domain cannot be activated because it was suspended by Hosting Provider"

This leads people to think their web host provider suspended it (which is not the case) rather than Plesk automatically suspending it. This particular case was the Plesk Subscriptions Expiration Date hitting…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Separate server scheduled tasks from webspace' scheduled tasks in Plesk Admin license

On a Plesk running with Plesk Web Pro or Web Host license, the customers have the ability to go to Domains > example.com > Scheduled Tasks.

However, on a Plesk Admin license, the user can only manage the Scheduled tasks from Tools & Settings > Scheduled Tasks. Due to the fact that there are more than 20 tasks created by root user, it's very hard to manage and monitor the scheduled tasks set by the customer.

Please, add one of the following options:
    - The ability to go to Domains > example.com > Scheduled Tasks
    OR
    - An option to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Domain size spaces

Hi Plesk team,

I know that Plesk, calculating the weight space data use only for users with (ID >= 100) on linux system.

My proposal would be to add an option in the parameters (Pack of service) an option that would activate the calculations of all the actual weight size data even with users that they have the ID <100 for example root user who would add files in the " space vhosts.

I have append picture for example sample append new option if is possible.

Cordialement,
    Matthew Lafrance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. WHMCS module / API to provision Docker containers.

Docker support is already a killer of Plesk (something I had begged for in WHM/cPanel before switching).

It would be epic if I could allow customers to purchase and provision a Docker container automatically from WHMCS. Obviously, there would have to be some tight control and they would only be pre-defined images. It must be a list of images that I curate since many Docker images do not provide sufficient environmental variables - example: official Redis doesn't let you pass a password, but others like bitnami/redis and
    frodenas/redis allow you to pass REDIS_PASSWORD, which is necessary for a shared environment…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Docker  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow configuring "From" header for cron tasks when remote SMTP (MSMTP) is used on a Plesk server

If Amazon SES(or some similar solution) is used as remote SMTP configured in Plesk, cron emails cannot be sent because "From" header is hardcoded in cron, here are some related threads:

https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?messageID=540183
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15250199/crontab-email-through-msmtp-amazon-ses?rq=1

There is a workaround - to replace the symlink from /usr/sbin/sendmail to msmtp by a bash script with the following content:

#!/bin/bash
    sed -e 's/From: root (Cron Daemon)/From: root@mydomain.com (Cron Daemon)/' | /usr/bin/msmtp -t "$@"

It would be great to have it applied by Plesk automatically and to have "From" header configurable from Plesk interface, for example in an additional field under Tools & Settings >…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base